Will Nagy let Mitch throw downfield today or are the training wheels still on?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL this is such absolute nonsense.

loqKGF.gif

Not the best example.

Release is quick as shit in this throw, but arm strength is meh. He sacrificed zip to get the release off during that window.

I could have picked like 9 better throws...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

oober

Liked Posts:
I would imagine new coach, young QB with over compensate this game for last one. I expect at least +4 deep balls... May end up with a pick or 2, hopefully not...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
ITT some of you are way overvaluing arm strength. Cough, Jeff George. Mitch has more than enough to get the job done. I value field vision and decision making much more. These are things that take time.

He had limited collegiate experience, got thrown into the fire with little offensive weapons last year, and is one game into a new system / HC / supporting cast.

Call me crazy if I want to see at least another season before I start making knee jerk judgements. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
ITT some of you are way overvaluing arm strength. Cough, Jeff George. Mitch has more than enough to get the job done. I value field vision and decision making much more. These are things that take time.

He had limited collegiate experience, got thrown into the fire with little offensive weapons last year, and is one game into a new system / HC / supporting cast.

Call me crazy if I want to see at least another season before I start making knee jerk judgements. I remain cautiously optimistic.

I think Mitch's physical tools are fine. Arm strength is fine.

Just a bad example in the gif aldis posted.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not the best example.

Release is quick as shit in this throw, but arm strength is meh. He sacrificed zip to get the release off during that window.

I could have picked like 9 better throws...

Arm strength? He put his whole soul into that throw.

Make up your minds, guys. Did he sacrifice arm strength to get the ball out faster, or did he put everything he had into the throw???

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Make up your minds, guys. Did he sacrifice arm strength to get the ball out faster, or did he put everything he had into the throw???
3 different people have 3 different opinions. Imagine that.

So unheard of..

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
3 different people have 3 different opinions. Imagine that.

So unheard of..

That's what you get when fans try being coaches or scouts or anything other then what they are.....fans.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's what you get when fans try being coaches or scouts or anything other then what they are.....fans.
Are you insinuating that a football forum isn't the appropriate environment for fans to give their football opinions, because they aren't being paid to do so?

Or are you just being a fucking idiot?

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
People turning on MT after he was thrown to the wolves as a first yr player with relatively minimal starting experience in college and one game into yr 2.

Our fan base is hilariously over dramatic and basically clueless in many respects as to how the game of football is played and what expectations for a guy in his first 16/24 starts should be with the background MT had coming out as a Jr.

Dumb will never be cured, and that's something the more sophisticated members of our fanbase have to deal with in ongoing fashion.....

I am waiting for my apology...

You can add Trubs, Nagy and Pace as well.

I don't need no jibba jabba; what I be needing is some gottamnnnnn remorse and contrition from these meatballs out herrrrre.

135tht.jpg