Will Nagy let Mitch throw downfield today or are the training wheels still on?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would like to see more intermediate passing game off of play action. The intermediate game should have been there based off of the run game, and the short passing game.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
How long and how many head coaches will it take for you to realize Trubisky cannot pass deep?

Antobears

Liked Posts:
You people act like Trubisky has a Mahomes-like arm. He doesn’t. He throws like a girl. That’s why he can’t be allowed to throw downfield.

He throws like a girl? Ffs

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd love to see a balanced attack that a defense just can't stop. Running, play action, throwing downfield, screens, misdirection, designed rollouts, designed QB draws/runs. Mix it up and keep them guessing!

Antobears

Liked Posts:
I'd love to see a balanced attack that a defense just can't stop. Running, play action, throwing downfield, screens, misdirection, designed rollouts, designed QB draws/runs. Mix it up and keep them guessing!

Having endured years of cutler pissing games away it'd be nice to see a gameplan that relied on a little more nuance than a "cannon" arm. Last week was not it tho

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not jumping off the Trubs wagon yet. I will wait til toward the end of the season to hold judgment on him.

I don't hold him fully responsible for the GB debacle. He did his job to start. They got a comfy lead and the team as a whole got lazy. Anthony Miller even admitted that and vowed it would not happen again. Trubs probably got that "oh shit" feeling as GB started it's comeback and he got flustered and he faltered. Hopefully, he learns to calm down, relax and just do his job.

Everyone likes to blame Trubisky for that loss....or Nagy....or the defense....or whoever else. The fact is, is that the team as a whole lost that game. This team is made up of a bunch of real young guys who will all learn to play better ball and play better together. We have a real chance, for once, at having a really good team in a year or 2. Just hang in there and let these guys grow.

And just remember, some of the best QB's had HORRIBLE first years in the league. Here's 2 that I copied and pasted from NFL.com

Troy Aikman

Drafted: No. 1 overall by the Dallas Cowboys in 1989.

First start: Loss (28-0) to the Saints in Week 1 of 1989; 17 of 35 (48.6 percent) for 180 yards, zero touchdowns, two interceptions, two sacks and a passer rating of 40.2.

Aikman -- whom I helped scout and draft -- was thrown right into the mix as a rookie. While he didn't seem lost or overwhelmed at all in that first game, he finished his first season -- which was interrupted by a broken finger that cost him five games -- with nine touchdowns against 18 interceptions while averaging just 5.9 yards per pass. Those are not very good numbers. In fact, it wasn't until his third year in the NFL that he managed to throw more touchdowns (11) than picks (10).

John Elway

Drafted: No. 1 overall by the Baltimore Colts in 1983 (traded to Denver Broncos).

First start: Win (14-10) over the Steelers in Week 1 of 1983; 1 of 8 (12.5 percent) for 14 yards, zero touchdowns, one interception, four sacks and a passer rating of 0.

Elway's debut was marred by an elbow injury that forced him out of the game, but his second start (9 of 21 for 106 yards, zero touchdowns and three sacks) wasn't much better. He went on to have a relatively rough rookie season -- 7:14 TD-to-INT ratio and 28 sacks in 11 games -- in which he was benched after three consecutive losses. But he also was part of a team that made the playoffs that year, and he ended up leading the Broncos to three Super Bowl appearances, five playoff berths and six winning seasons over the next nine years. Still, in many ways, the jury was still out on the quarterback, who threw just one more touchdown pass (158) than he did picks (157) from 1983 to 1992. He was kind of like a wild colt, so to speak, in that he would run around and scramble somewhat recklessly and make risky throws across his body.

In 1993, he seemed to turn a corner, and he really took off in 1995, when Mike Shanahan -- who spent two previous stints on Denver's staff during Elway's career -- became the Broncos' head coach. In the final four years of his career, Elway posted a record of 43-16, threw 101 touchdown passes against 49 picks and, of course, won two Super Bowls.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Throw down the fucking field, is that too much to ask from a Bears offense? I like to see a Tarik Cohen screen pass as much as the next man, but c'mon already. I want to see dragons.

Remember Nagy saying after a preseason game that this offense will be throwing the ball deep quite a bit? Can't remember exactly how he said it but he did say it.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Some dumbass on Facebook, and maybe he's on this board too the way some talk, said if Mitch doesn't have 300 yards and 2 TDS TONIGHT, he's a bust. I asked him....what about the win?

I swear some of you Mitch haters are so damn worried about him getting huge stats, you could care less if he loses every game in the process. Do we really want a second Matt Stafford in the division?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
People turning on MT after he was thrown to the wolves as a first yr player with relatively minimal starting experience in college and one game into yr 2.

Our fan base is hilariously over dramatic and basically clueless in many respects as to how the game of football is played and what expectations for a guy in his first 16/24 starts should be with the background MT had coming out as a Jr.

Dumb will never be cured, and that's something the more sophisticated members of our fanbase have to deal with in ongoing fashion.....

Love this. Don't get many posts on CCS with so much just plain right in it. People act like they know so much about football but just come onto the gameday thread tonight and go through all the threads that will be on here tomorrow whether we win or lose and there will be a whole lotta dumb on here.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Love this. Don't get many posts on CCS with so much just plain right in it. People act like they know so much about football but just come onto the gameday thread tonight and go through all the threads that will be on here tomorrow whether we win or lose and there will be a whole lotta dumb on here.

And that's just the posts from Spartan! ;)

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Some dumbass on Facebook, and maybe he's on this board too the way some talk, said if Mitch doesn't have 300 yards and 2 TDS TONIGHT, he's a bust. I asked him....what about the win?

I swear some of you Mitch haters are so damn worried about him getting huge stats, you could care less if he loses every game in the process. Do we really want a second Matt Stafford in the division?

Yes, for the Packers after Rodgers retires this year to support Danica's career as a part of her pit crew

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I honestly think it what the defense gives. But lots of screens were called in the last game. Limited throwing deep. Glad Nagy acknowledged that it was too many screens.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His arms pretty mediocre

LOL this is such absolute nonsense.

loqKGF.gif

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If only your mom had scored one less time

Told her and my pops i wanted to be an only child but no..... Now my siblings and I all have to watch Mitch Trubisky throw one td every two games. Stuff of tragedy