Will Trubisky play with the 1s this week?

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears

Finally draft a quarterback and instead of playing him they have him as a 3rd stringer

Unless Jim Harbaugh and Ryan Pace talked.....:smug2:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It seems Hub Arkush is taking the Stephan A Smith approach to this. He is putting out a ton of stuff applauding Glennons performance and saying trubisky took a step back. Fucking click-bait. Can't believe anyone could say that shit. Jim Miller did the same thing on the radio yesterday.

This is hardly Stephen A Smith territory. You're fucking high if you think so. Actually has an interesting quote or two I hadn't heard from Fox.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/2017/08/22/af5b4007727c4646b1add8a014870d28/index.xml?page=3

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
This is hardly Stephen A Smith territory. You're fucking high if you think so. Actually has an interesting quote or two I hadn't heard from Fox.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/2017/08/22/af5b4007727c4646b1add8a014870d28/index.xml?page=3

I meant that he was jumping on the opposite opinion to garner clicks.

"In exhibition two in Arizona, Glennon made another really poor decision but also took a clear step forward in a performance that crept up on mediocrity."

Clear step forward? Oh he threw a touchdown pass against 2's with the starting offense. He rode Cohen's back down to the red zone to go 1 pick and 1 td. The pick was Jay Cutlerish.

Then he moved to trubisky:

"Trubisky, on the other hand, was asked this week to operate more within the confines of the Bears offense, and took a step backwards, showing surprisingly poor accuracy standing in the pocket after being so impressive outside of it."

On his two incompletions, not sure accuracy was such an issue as was the decision to make those throws. No mention of lack of snaps, play calling, or mention of the offensive line play (as he does for glennon for his pick in the week prior).

Both of these statements are gross exaggerations of what actually transpired.

I get a devils advocate piece, but wonder what game he was watching.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hub is a real contrarian these days. But I think he's pretty much spot on here. There's no reason to rush Trubisky before he's fully ready.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
I have never heard him say anything whiny or bitchy but if you go to the videos of both him and Trubs after the game they come off very differently on film. Trubs seems genuine and humble when he says that he has a long way to go and needs to clean up a lot of his game and is a work in progress. Glennon comes off defensive and continually repeats the one thing that he and the offense did that was positive.. seems to be acting like a douche. Look, I get it he is playing for his career and his replacement is hot on is heels, but that feeling certainly come across on tape.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only whiny bitches I see in here are generally the guys freaking out about Trubisky not playing with the 1s after 2 preseason games. It's sort of funny you guys are getting on Glennon regarding quotes he never said to Campbell amidst like 9 or 10 threads about how upset you guys are he's not been named the starter.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I meant that he was jumping on the opposite opinion to garner clicks.

"In exhibition two in Arizona, Glennon made another really poor decision but also took a clear step forward in a performance that crept up on mediocrity."

Clear step forward? Oh he threw a touchdown pass against 2's with the starting offense. He rode Cohen's back down to the red zone to go 1 pick and 1 td. The pick was Jay Cutlerish.

Then he moved to trubisky:

"Trubisky, on the other hand, was asked this week to operate more within the confines of the Bears offense, and took a step backwards, showing surprisingly poor accuracy standing in the pocket after being so impressive outside of it."

On his two incompletions, not sure accuracy was such an issue as was the decision to make those throws. No mention of lack of snaps, play calling, or mention of the offensive line play (as he does for glennon for his pick in the week prior).

Both of these statements are gross exaggerations of what actually transpired.

I get a devils advocate piece, but wonder what game he was watching.

To continue:
John Fox made himself pretty clear talking after practice Monday, “I thought it was much better. We had the one interception—we could have had a couple more by a couple of quarterbacks. …

If you don’t get the “couple more interception” reference was aimed at Trubisky, you’re just choosing not to listen, and Glennon was the only quarterback to run with the first offense.

WTF. Fox even said "by a couple of QBs" yet Hub insists it was clearly aimed at Mitchell. I'm not a complete hater after 2 preseason games but that almost pick bu Glennon was a horrible pass that was under thrown into double coverage. Mitch's was a 50/50 ball on a comeback where his WR fell after the ball was already in the air. Rarely completed when the DB reacts as well as that one did but also rarely intercepted as that one almost was when the WR doesn't fall down. Anytime a targeted WR falls, there's significant INT potential. What else is new?

Not as bad a decision or throw as Glennon's 2nd worst throw. I expected better from Mike. The reads and placement should be better for a starting vet, even with the rust.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Preseason is the time to give Mitch some PT with the ones for the following reasons;

1. Let's find out how he will do. So far so good.
2. If Glennon starts the season and is injured or totally ineffective, Mitch will have some experience with the ones.
3. Even if Glennon does ok and plays the entire season, you probably want Mitch to play next season. Much better if he has at least some experience with the ones going into his second year.
4. Preseason is the time to make mistakes, learn, and get better. You have to actually play, to make strides.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he does not get at least a series with the 1s Fox should be fired.

You have to see what he does with them to make an accurate plan for the season.

If he plays well, great, more evidence you got the pick right.

If he plays poorly, it makes it easier to start a Glennon.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It seems Hub Arkush is taking the Stephan A Smith approach to this. He is putting out a ton of stuff applauding Glennons performance and saying trubisky took a step back. Fucking click-bait. Can't believe anyone could say that shit. Jim Miller did the same thing on the radio yesterday.

Hub is terrible. He's always Mr. contrarian when it comes to the Bears, and it's annoying af. I'm getting sick and tired of some members of the media playing up Glennon's performance, ignoring the fact that he almost had 3 INT's, and at the same time, purposely going out of their way to diminish Trubisky's performance, like he was somehow worse than he actually was—for what reason, I don't know.

The Bears were the ones going out of their way to make sure Trubisky didn't have as strong of a performance as he did last week, and it was blatantly obvious. Handing the ball off 9 times to a guy that has zero chance of making an NFL roster? Why? All they did was put Mitch in 3rd and long situations for the entire time he was out there, almost begging him to falter, but unfortunately for them, he still found a way to be productive despite the shit awful play calling and the horrendous protection he was given.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To continue:
John Fox made himself pretty clear talking after practice Monday, “I thought it was much better. We had the one interception—we could have had a couple more by a couple of quarterbacks. …

If you don’t get the “couple more interception” reference was aimed at Trubisky, you’re just choosing not to listen, and Glennon was the only quarterback to run with the first offense.

WTF. Fox even said "by a couple of QBs" yet Hub insists it was clearly aimed at Mitchell. I'm not a complete hater after 2 preseason games but that almost pick bu Glennon was a horrible pass that was under thrown into double coverage. Mitch's was a 50/50 ball on a comeback where his WR fell after the ball was already in the air. Rarely completed when the DB reacts as well as that one did but also rarely intercepted as that one almost was when the WR doesn't fall down. Anytime a targeted WR falls, there's significant INT potential. What else is new?

Not as bad a decision or throw as Glennon's 2nd worst throw. I expected better from Mike. The reads and placement should be better for a starting vet, even with the rust.

If it was clearly aimed at anyone, it was Glennon. He had 2 absolutely abysmal throws that should have been 100% INT's. That other pass to Meridith on the left sideline hit the CB in the left arm.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he does not get at least a series with the 1s Fox should be fired

Honestly, this is a stupid statement.

So Fox gives Trubisky one series with the ones. What will that prove? If he goes three and out should we cut Trubisky. One series won't tell shit and if Trubisky is not ready with a full playbook and not enough knowledge it won't matter anyway.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I just don't get how anyone could say anything positive about Glennons performance. Aside from his touchdown throw, which is a throw a pro should make, his passes were either ill advised, off target, behind, high/low. How has he made steps forward? If a writer wants to say he has, they loose credibility with me.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
If it was clearly aimed at anyone, it was Glennon. He had 2 absolutely abysmal throws that should have been 100% INT's. That other pass to Meridith on the left sideline hit the CB in the left arm.

That pass to Meredith should have been a pick 6. That was just a horrible pass. Trubisky had one near mistake and it was no where near as bad a throw as the 3 passes Glennon had in the Cardinals game. Just awful decision making by Glennon. Trubisky needs to run with the 1s against the Titans to see how he fares. I think Trubisky will start against the Falcons, just a gut feeling, we will see.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

So Fox gives Trubisky one series with the ones. What will that prove? If he goes three and out should we cut Trubisky. One series won't tell shit and if Trubisky is not ready with a full playbook and not enough knowledge it won't matter anyway.

I'd say more than one series, if he tanks it proves he shouldn't start the season. Exactly what you want. So what are you afraid of?
How he tanks shows the coaches where he needs work in a real game setting without having to risk a regular season game.
Or as you seem to think risk his career because once you put a rooking into a regular season game they have to be anointed starter for life.

Odd how you must think the coaches were fools for practicing Trub with the #2s when Sanchez had a sprain.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You can tell a lot about a QB after one series with the 1s. If he plays great then he's Tom Brady and Fox should be fired for not starting him sooner. If he sucks balls then Fox should be fired for not developing him.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You can tell a lot about a QB after one series with the 1s. If he plays great then he's Tom Brady and Fox should be fired for not starting him sooner. If he sucks balls then Fox should be fired for not developing him.

I approve of this statement and outcome.