Winners and Losers CBS Nfl Draft

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Ridley literally redshirted. We knew it would happen before the season.....

Monty had no oline.

The rest of the dudes were late rounders.

You expect 6th and 7th rounders to play day 1? A lot of them don't even make their teams.

You must have some lofty expectations, guy.
So in other words yeah. It's starting to look like a bad draft. I understand what you are saying but I won't me surprised if none of these guys are in the league 3 years down the road.

Last edited:

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
At the very least, we have a group of badass names added to the roster. lol hell, even the two 7th rounders nicknamed ham and pig, smell probowl? I'm pretty confident that Kmet and J. Johnson will start. Probably see a decent amount of playing time this year. Trevis Gipson and Kindle Vildor may end up starting one day as well. If 2-4 starters come from the draft, I'd say that is pretty successful. Pace makes some decent pics after the 1st round. The Trubisky pick will stay with him his whole career tho. Mahomes and Watson, ouch brotha. I'd still be waking up in a pool of sweat at night, if I were him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So in others yeah. It's starting to look like a bad draft. I understand what you are saying but I won't me surprised if none of these guys are in the league 3 years down the road.

LOL. WTF? You're whining about a draft that started at pick 73?

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They better than just that too, I think. I like Gipson. Mingo is hot garbage. I think Gipson will be a fine situational passrusher down the stretch.

Lord of the Rings there, Vildor or Vidor, whaterver the fk his name is, looks like good Nickle DB to replace Callahan. I will not be shocked if he nails down the nickle DB slot on the D.C. before seasons end.

The only thing I was hoping for that wasnt done differently, was I did want an OT somewhere with a mid round pick, that projected to OG at the pro level.

Outside of that, I think Pace did fine. Its not a mind blowing class but Id give him an overall B grade.

I think thats fair enough until players prove they can sink or swim.

Mingo is a good special teams guy and that will be his primary use as long as Gipson doesn't suck.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No, but you can grade an off season a few months into the season, and the draft is a big part of the off season. The question is, are the 2020 Bears better than the 2019 Bears? Will they have more wins? None of the Bears draft picks moved the meter at all in that regard, although they may all go on to be future HOF players. or all busts, who knows.

Both of their second round picks could be starters so yeah, I'd say they certainly have the potential to move the meter. We'll just have to wait and see now.

Liked Posts:
Mingo is a good special teams guy and that will be his primary use as long as Gipson doesn't suck.

Of all the picks that are really catching flack right now, the Kmet & Gipson picks are my favorites.

If Gipson can so much as be effective subbing in to give Mack and Quinn a breather, that would him plenty of snaps, and give the Bears 6 different defenders that can get to or pressure the QB.

They have to like his raw skillset as a situatiinal passrusher, because you can easily get ST gunners in rounds 6, 7 & UDFA. I do.

Mack, Quinn, Hicks, Goldman, Nicols, & hopefully Gipson. Thats nuts. Thats crazyness. Nevermind Smith and Trevathan on the interior.

We get any semblance of decent health, good luck blocking that.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I honestly can say I hate how well the Cowboys draft. I'm not limiting this to the 2020 draft, but just how well they do in general.

They use a fairly simple 'chalk' approach. They figure out what positions they need and pick the players highest on their board at those positions. Seems simple, but works out quite a bit.

In following the Eagles it seams each year had a different theme and they are constantly looking to change things up to get an advantage. Meanwhile the old 'chalk' approach consistently does better.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Do you not understand how the draft works?
Do you? How does lack of first and 2nd round picks preclude pace from doing well in the picks he actually had? this is for a gm that many people claim does well in later rounds.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
TE not a pressing need...

That is some analysis.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do you? How does lack of first and 2nd round picks preclude pace from doing well in the picks he actually had? this is for a gm that many people claim does well in later rounds.

His first pick (in the 3rd round) was an instant starter all season. So he did well there. His next pick was a 4th round WR that we have to wait and see on. Then there as a 6th and two 7ths. So tell me how Pace didn't do well when he already has one starter in a 5 pick draft that didn't start until round 3?

Liked Posts:
TE not a pressing need...

That is some analysis.
I love how they keep bringing up that the Bears already had 10 TEs on the roster.

Of course leaving out that 9 of them probably couldnt make it on any other NFL roster. Maybe Shaheen in a system that doesnt ask as much from its TEs..

They basically signed as many TEs as they could find after Burton went down before the 2019 opener.

At that point they really didnt have any realistic option other than to throw as crap to the wall and hope some of it would stick.

I LOVE this Kmet pick, & I usually dont get too excited over the Bears offensive draft picks. I read the Jason Witten & Gronk comparisons. I think he looks like a Heath Miller, before the knee injury.

Fkn great pickup.