Won't Win The Cup.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You have it confused. There's only one type of bandwagon fan. The ones that hop from one top tier team to the next. One thats in championship discussion.

Then theres fair weather fans. Those are ones that cheer for a specific team only when they are playing well. They wont jump to another team or another cities group of teams, they just dont cheer until they start winning.

Fact is, you called this team dead after game 4 and you said "mark my words". IMO, if you couldnt support this team during a low period(and it wasnt even a low period) then you shouldnt be celebrating this championship. No disrespect but thats my take on it.

:clap:

N3

Liked Posts:
One thing I've noticed about the NHL playoffs: Don't bring any of your assumptions from NBA and MLB playoffs along with it. The NHL Playoffs is unlike any other playoff series in professional sports. (In my opinion, it's the best, but that's another agrument).

Game-to-game momentum isn't that important. The best team in one game can look like the worst team in the following one. The closest thing to a sure bet is that a hot goalie will take his team to the Cup ... although that was proven wrong when Halak went cold for Montreal.

NHL Playoffs > All

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
NHL Playoffs > All

Definitely. Nothing breeds hatred of players like a 7-game NHL series.

I didn't think I could hate Pronger anymore than I already did ... until the last 6 games were played.

And I won't even begin to talk about the Canucks.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
You have it confused. There's only one type of bandwagon fan. The ones that hop from one top tier team to the next. One thats in championship discussion.

Then theres fair weather fans. Those are ones that cheer for a specific team only when they are playing well. They wont jump to another team or another cities group of teams, they just dont cheer until they start winning.

Fact is, you called this team dead after game 4 and you said "mark my words". IMO, if you couldnt support this team during a low period(and it wasnt even a low period) then you shouldnt be celebrating this championship. No disrespect but thats my take on it.

It's 100% true that I did post that the team was "dead" and I said "mark my words." But then the next morning I posted that I was completely out of line and that I was frustrated with the Cubs and Blackhawks and that I was acting like a spoiled little brat. It was one of those knee jerk reactions where someone says something they don't really mean. Much like when a teenage girl screams that she hates her parents because they won't let her go to a college party. Surely she doesn't hate her parents.

N3

Liked Posts:
Definitely. Nothing breeds hatred of players like a 7-game NHL series.

I didn't think I could hate Pronger anymore than I already did ... until the last 6 games were played.

And I won't even begin to talk about the Canucks.

I think the Canucks have surpassed the Detroit Red Wings on every Blackhawks fan's hate meter...and like you said thats just because of the playoffs.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think the Canucks have surpassed the Detroit Red Wings on every Blackhawks fan's hate meter...and like you said thats just because of the playoffs.

i dont know about that. i really hate the red wings.

N3

Liked Posts:
i dont know about that. i really hate the red wings.

If you would have ventured out to some other Hockey sites during the Vancouver series, your hatred for them would have been off the charts. They quite possibly have the worst fans I have ever encountered.

Prior to the start of the series it was, Vancouver had gotten better while the Hawks did not, Louongo was better than Niemi, and they had better Depth.

As the season went on it became that the refs wanted them to lose and the Canucks were still better.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Hopefully we get to the point where every team and their fans hate us. Because of our success not because we have douchebag players.

chrisjuniper

Liked Posts:
It's 100% true that I did post that the team was "dead" and I said "mark my words." But then the next morning I posted that I was completely out of line and that I was frustrated with the Cubs and Blackhawks and that I was acting like a spoiled little brat. It was one of those knee jerk reactions where someone says something they don't really mean. Much like when a teenage girl screams that she hates her parents because they won't let her go to a college party. Surely she doesn't hate her parents.

no she DEFINITELY does

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
haha well in 2 weeks after when they buy her a new car (championship) she doesn't hate them anymore.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:

I know where you're coming from with this -and yeh it is a fact; I'd seen all sorts of this stuff on other boards -and pretty much none of it has to do with anything to do with hockey itself - it's in the same vein as the ass hair guy from Philadelphia ... give them a hockey stick and they'd probably hold it like a broom ... or a baseball bat or whatever .... these people - fans, if you will, - they don;t necessarily know jack all about hockey.

They'd never admit it, but none of their pissy venom is actually based upon knowledge of the sport --- but (and I suspect this is pretty true), in the case of a lot of Canuck "fans" - most of them are probably high anyways - or buzzed out on energy drinks --- or some combination of the two (or maybe that describes the one guy I ever knew from Vancouver- so it could just be me too).

Red Wing fans ...well, see that is what happens when a team gets a lot of success and then extend it over a period of time -- but it all started sort of suddenly as well (in other words --- Detroit pretty much sucked in the 80's and they weren't even worth calling a rival..)

Anyways ... if you want douchebag players - there is always the Oakland Raiders to point to...

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I think we will win it....................o wait, we already did!!!

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Right now...i dislike the canucks more