World Series IST: Kansas City Royal (4) vs New York Mets (1)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
0461524001445978082_filepicker.jpg

World Series

i
i
Kansas City Royalsvs.New York Mets

Series Information

GameResultsDateTimeTV
Game 1Royals 5, Mets 4 (14 inn)10/27/157:07PM CDTFox
Game 2Kansas City Royals vs New York Mets10/28/157:07PM CDTFox
Game 3Kansas City Royals @New York Mets10/30/157:07PM CDTFox
Game 4Kansas City Royals @New York Mets10/31/157:07PM CDTFox
*Game 5Kansas City Royals @New York Mets11/1/157:07PM CDTFox
*Game 6CKansas City Royals vs New York Mets11/3/157:07PM CDTFox
*Game 7Kansas City Royals vs New York Mets11/4/157:07PM CDTFox
*If Necessary

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Talk some action boys. Mets up 1-0 in the 4th. Duda just booted the ball.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The thing that comes to mind for me is pitching and defense...... good matchup, imo. Both teams have good pitching, relief, velocity, and defense. KC's speed wins it for me.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Royals put the ball in play. We don't put the ball in play. Two totally different hitting philosophies.

It will be interesting how Theo will add this to the Cubs lineup. My guess is the Cubs add a couple veterans to the lineup. The hard part is where? Zobrist is my 1st guess cuz of the position flexibility. I still think we need a stud OF. I've said this over and over. We'll see though.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It will be interesting how Theo will add this to the Cubs lineup. My guess is the Cubs add a couple veterans to the lineup. The hard part is where? Zobrist is my 1st guess cuz of the position flexibility. I still think we need a stud OF. I've said this over and over. We'll see though.

Hardly. They are just kids...better contact will come. 4 or 5 rookies in every game last year....I don't think Royals played any rookie position players on a regular basis.

All these kids need is some time....and our patience.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Hardly. They are just kids...better contact will come. 4 or 5 rookies in every game last year....I don't think Royals played any rookie position players on a regular basis.

All these kids need is some time....and our patience.
I think they are bright and hard working. They have a lot of adjustments to work on this off season and I believe as a group they will be better in year 2.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I think they are bright and hard working. They have a lot of adjustments to work on this off season and I believe as a group they will be better in year 2.

When you see them taking the ball the other way, then you will know they have been working hard.

That is how you get runners advanced too.

Right now, the team is way too pull-happy, and they need to trust there swing and not worry about hitting it 500 feet.

If the pitcher pitches you away, take it there.

That is the one thing the Mets pitchers noticed, and knew they could get them out on their aggressiveness.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Game 1 was a classic

Big midterm tomorrow so missed Game 2, but looking forward to the rest of the series. I cheer for the AL team every single year, because I usually hate the NL team involved. (Until next year of course :smug:)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Game 1 was a classic

Big midterm tomorrow so missed Game 2, but looking forward to the rest of the series. I cheer for the AL team every single year, because I usually hate the NL team involved. (Until next year of course :smug:)

I pull for anybody playing the Mets or the Cardinals.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Am I the only one that thought there was some suspect managing done in the 5th inning by Collins? Maybe the better term would be lack of managing....either that or he has about zero confidence in his pen.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I believe that the Mets will take game 3. Pitching match up favors them.

4-5 most likely a split. Game 6 will be Cueto at home and you don't bet against him.

Mets are too good to just get slapped around at home. Martz should be the only guy I wouldn't bet on. Thor and Harvey should have the edge at home.

Now the contact hitting is being too over played. It factored more in that park as it suppresses home runs naturally. So that team was built to win at home. On the road that factor goes away

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's to hoping the Royals take care of the Mets tonight.