Worst Head Coach since 1983

Worst Bears Head Coach

• Total voters

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I voted Trestman. Yall are prisoners of the moment.

Not saying Flus won't inevitably be, but they tanked last year on purpose.

And they came back with not building in the trenches by all that much.

All this anger over Flus - I'd be putting the one who hired him in the crosshairs FIRST.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I voted Trestman. Yall are prisoners of the moment.

Not saying Flus won't inevitably be, but they tanked last year on purpose.

And they came back with not building in the trenches by all that much.

All this anger over Flus - I'd be putting the one who hired him in the crosshairs FIRST.
I just don’t get how Flus brings in Williams. He’s awful, that 1st 3rd & 13 in the Packer game was just fucking awful.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a while ago so I won’t pretend to remember what the exact expectations were for the bears but that hire was mocked from the get go. The team was filled with aging veterans and half the defense stopped caring once their bff coach was fired.

What were their expectations from outside of Chicago?

I'll be honest, I don't remember either haha. I was more so looking at the talent we had thinking we should have done more.

But I just did a search on NFL season predictions for both 2013 and 2014. Consensus from different sites seems to have had the bears at around 9-7 in 2013. We finished 8-8, so not too far off. But I did read a couple of comments where people thought we should be better, but because Trestman was such an odd hire and because we let go of a locker room favorite in Lovie, they didn't trust us. I think that's pretty telling too. If we brought in a good coach, I don't think those would have been concerns.

In 2014, a few sites had us finishing 11-5. We finished 5-11... so definitely underdelivered.

So looking at that, I guess 2013 went about as expected and we shit the bed in 2014, based on what the expectations were.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just don’t get how Flus brings in Williams. He’s awful, that 1st 3rd & 13 in the Packer game was just fucking awful.

Hey man I get it.

But at the same time, aside from the quarterback, you build an NFL team From The Trenches first.

Poles has been attacking this thing backwards.

Really, any of this talk is premature. I'm just indulging in the conversation.

But I will say that Wright and Dexter had better pan out by the end of the year.

Or else I'll have deeper questions than just the head coach.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hey man I get it.

But at the same time, aside from the quarterback, you build an NFL team From The Trenches first.

Poles has been attacking this thing backwards.

Really, any of this talk is premature. I'm just indulging in the conversation.

But I will say that Wright and Dexter had better pan out by the end of the year.

Or else I'll have deeper questions than just the head coach.
I really don’t think Dexter is going to show much. He’s just too much of a project; he fits better in a 3-4.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m voting eberflus and trestman second place. And both were hired in an odd fashion by George what a coincidence

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
How many coaches had their GM trade the teams best player and waive the white flag mid-season?

I know you are your record, but Flus really does have extenuating circumstances.
Eberflus said himself you don’t pay off the ball lbs after the trade. Of course they paid one in offseason but it was what he wanted

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Honestly the list is a murder's row of shit. Then including the coordinators, with the exception of Ryan, Fangio, perhaps Toub, equal levels of soul-crushing ineptitude.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a no brainer - "Wannstedt" was a Coach/GM and shitty at both - He stuck here for 6 seasons and set the franchise back for several more -

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eberflus said himself you don’t pay off the ball lbs after the trade. Of course they paid one in offseason but it was what he wanted
What does that have to do with the team purposely tanking mid season?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is a no brainer - "Wannstedt" was a Coach/GM and shitty at both - He stuck here for 6 seasons and set the franchise back for several more -
He was GM too? I’ve kinda put those years out of memory now

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Right Now Nagy, he was worse than Trestman, and had a much better team. But Eberflus is catching up, although the talent on the field is lacking.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It’s Ditka, and it’s not particularly close.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A

That gap tooth bitch, right...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wonder how the 2013 Bears would have looked if Trestman was the OC and we kept Love as the HC.

Lovie's achilles heel was never being able to find a decent OC. I guess that's the Bears achilles heel, too.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Charles Martin put an end to that, not Ditka. The 1986 team would have won again.
Meh. Gibbs won with Rypkien and Parcells won with Hostetler. Hell, Foles took over for Wentz and won. Jimmy Mac was playing like trash in 86, so I don't think he was the key. I think Ditka was out of his league

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Charles Martin put an end to that, not Ditka. The 1986 team would have won again.
LOL! I love how people assume the Bears would have waltzed right in to NY and beat the 14-2 Giants simply because McMahon was playing. ???