Worst Head Coach since 1983

Worst Bears Head Coach

• Total voters

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
And to add sometimes the best coach isn't the smartest or has the best playbook he's a leader who get the players to buy into his system. Lovie was a great coach because people would play hard for him and genuinely liked playing for him

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And to add sometimes the best coach isn't the smartest or has the best playbook he's a leader who get the players to buy into his system. Lovie was a great coach because people would play hard for him and genuinely liked playing for him
Except the Offense. Not to mention the dude was just right place right time. Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, the Browns. Hell of a situation to walk into with all of them having 4 seasons or less under their belt. 26 was the oldest of that group

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Got to be Wanny for me.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I like how Angelo gets no credit for putting Lovie's defense together. He built around Urlacher, traded for Ogunleye, and drafted Tommie Harris all before Lovie coached his first game. Brown, Brown, Ogunleye, Harris, Lach, Tillman, Briggs before Lovie even steps on the field. Then no credit is ever given to Rivera, who's proven over time to be the superior coach, for getting that defense to reach heights that it was unable to reach after he left.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And the problem with every single one of these coaches, where is their coaching tree? Ditka and Lovie should have some sort of coaching tree if they're that great. I think Vince Tobin and Dave McGinnis are the only ones I recall getting HC gigs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And don't try crediting Rivera to Lovie when Ron was a Jim Johnson disciple.

This, in general, just shows what's been wrong with the Bears. They cannot hire the right people.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Honestly the list is a murder's row of shit. Then including the coordinators, with the exception of Ryan, Fangio, perhaps Toub, equal levels of soul-crushing ineptitude.
The bad list is so much longer than the good list including coordinators. bad, bad.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
At the time if the Martin curse, Chicago was the best team in the league. The 1986 defense might have been better than the 1985 team.
Except they weren't. The Giants had the same 10-2 record and had only lost one game to an NFC opponent, which is why they got the #1 seed.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I voted Trestman. Yall are prisoners of the moment.

Not saying Flus won't inevitably be, but they tanked last year on purpose.

And they came back with not building in the trenches by all that much.

All this anger over Flus - I'd be putting the one who hired him in the crosshairs FIRST.
I don't think you can knock Trestman for his failure and ignore that his offense was #2 in the NFL. Eberflus is all failure up now. If he does not get any better he is worse than Trestman by far. Perhaps no other coach has lost a team as badly as Trestman. Eberflus could absolutely get fired after a 3 - 5 win season. And if they play like they did this past Sunday it's possible. So far I'd say Eberflus is the worst.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Most of Trestman's problems stemmed from the fact that POS players like Lance Briggs couldn't accept the fact that this is a business, and actively undermined the dude. Not to mention how pissed the locker room was after Emery did Lach dirty. I don't think a lot of what happened would've went down if he were there. Regardless, Trestman was weak, probably one of the weaker HCs I've ever seen. But Flus has been absolute garbage and has somehow accomplished even less.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Most of Trestman's problems stemmed from the fact that POS players like Lance Briggs couldn't accept the fact that this is a business, and actively undermined the dude. Not to mention how pissed the locker room was after Emery did Lach dirty. I don't think a lot of what happened would've went down if he were there. Regardless, Trestman was weak, probably one of the weaker HCs I've ever seen. But Flus has been absolute garbage and has somehow accomplished even less.
the Wannstedt years were pretty bad. to his credit though he had a team make the playoffs, once, I guess. Trestman completely lost the locker room, which could've been attributed to the defense being butthurt fuckwads, sure. the 2013 team had some extremely fun moments to watch though. I'm torn on who was worse.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
For me, it's easily Trestman. He actually had solid talent on offense and couldn't do shit with it. And that was supposed to be his specialty.
You realize the Bears had one of the best offenses in the league under Trestman, right? He literally helmed the best Bears offense probably ever.

That said, yeah, he sucked. He had no ability to connect with or motivate players. Not head coach material. But his offense wasn’t the problem.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Aren’t the Bears on a 13 game losing streak right now? So shouldn’t the answer be obvious?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Aren’t the Bears on a 13 game losing streak right now? So shouldn’t the answer be obvious?
Like I said earlier......only one of those losers on the list has a 16% win pct.

But hey, they guy who won a super.bowl or guys who at least made the playoffs; they're the worst.....fking meatball fanbase

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It ain't Flus. That's for certain. Doesn't make him all that good, but Trestman is 100% the worst in the last 40 years.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Right now I would take any coach on that list over Eberflus.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Like I said earlier......only one of those losers on the list has a 16% win pct.

But hey, they guy who won a super.bowl or guys who at least made the playoffs; they're the worst.....fking meatball fanbase
Or, they all actually suck

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Fox and Trestman were especially bad. Probably have to go Trestman because he had talent and sucked.

Flus and Fox look incompetent, but in their defense, they were coaching bum-ass years of roster turnover and little playmakers, unless someone's about to come in and explain how Willie Young and Yannick Ngokue are better than they actually were/are.

Nagy got to the playoffs 2x. I know why you'd vote for him though. Jauron is in a similar boat.

Lovie irritated me in his latter years given how predictable his defenses got, but he shouldn't be on this list. I'll forever hate how his defense could get 3rd and long like its nobody's business, exactly what you'd want from a defense, until said 3rd and long when Lovie couldn't fathom what the fuck a quick slant was and said defense typically got gashed for 20+ yards via Greg Jennings or Jordy Nelson. Everybody could see it coming, except Lovie or Bob Babich.