Would this scare you off about Zach Wilson?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
First I've heard of him having character concerns. Hard to say whether they are valid or not, but yeah, I'd be skeptical of taking a guy that high who feels entitled. Then again, Baker Mayfield went #1 overall with all kinds of character issues, and he doesn't look like a bust anymore.

Mayfield had 3 outstand years at OK. Wilson only has one. Further, Mayfield is at best the 3rd best QB that year (Allen & Jackson) and benefited for the No 1 Pass Blocking and No 1 Run Blocking units with the best RB tandem in the NFL. Teams didn't gameplan to stop Baker. They gameplanned to stop Chubb and Hunt.

Wilson reminds me of 4M. Didn't do much until having a great year before teams could figure him out. No one came into this season worried about Wilson and like 4M, Wilson caught teams by surprise. Now he will have to adjust for the first time in the NFL whereas guys like Baker proved in college they could adjust.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
No Combine this year so the Bears will need to have a private workout with him in order to get an idea.

Some of that description reads like a guy that has no problem assuming the role of a leader, because he is confident enough to believe that he is "entitled" to it.

What the Fuc# does his parents have to do with his ability to play football in the NFL

"Selfish" seems like it does not translate to the Field. I watched a couple of games and he was asked to rely on the run game and it did not seem to be an issue, he celebrated with his team mates when someone scored a rushing TD....?

Maybe there is something to it, but if the worse thing he has going is that some scout said he was a "rich entitled brat" that is the coaches responsibility to keep him in check. The Bears have needed a talented, confident QB for decades now, so deal with a primidone

No private workouts this year either. Any private meetings will have to be done at the Senior Bowl or pro days.

Also, this report came out months ago and has been debunked by several people. No character issues whatsoever.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Mayfield had 3 outstand years at OK. Wilson only has one. Further, Mayfield is at best the 3rd best QB that year (Allen & Jackson) and benefited for the No 1 Pass Blocking and No 1 Run Blocking units with the best RB tandem in the NFL. Teams didn't gameplan to stop Baker. They gameplanned to stop Chubb and Hunt.

Wilson reminds me of 4M. Didn't do much until having a great year before teams could figure him out. No one came into this season worried about Wilson and like 4M, Wilson caught teams by surprise. Now he will have to adjust for the first time in the NFL whereas guys like Baker proved in college they could adjust.

Eh. Wilson started several games before this year, unlike Mitch who never started a game before his junior year. More similar to Burrow who went from ho-hum starter and a late round pick, to top of the draft with a huge final year. Not nearly as good though.

I do agree with the adjustment part though. Wilson has lazy habits that I don't like. His playaction fakes are lazy. He doesn't extend his arms to sell the fake. He unnecessarily turns his back on the defense. He sometimes is unwilling to take the checkdowns and likes to wait for the bigger play, which he may not have the luxury of doing against NFL defenses. Obviously all are very correctable though.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:

I think Baker would be busting out of the league if he was with about 20 other teams. Amazing I am saying this about the Browns, but coaching has saved him from being a bust. It definitely mattered here and you are seeing the impact of a coach who sets his QB up to succeed.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sounds like Jimmy Mac.
This:
[Wilson] has character concern, rich kid who is an entitled brat -uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all.

Sounds like Jim McMahon to you?

Other than not coming from money, having normal parents, being a great leader, not being a selfish player, yeah that sounds just like Mcmahon.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nope! Id love to see the Bears get him, but he won't fall that far, and they won't move up that high
Real bad feel he'll be a fucking lion

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
You can’t take anyone’s word for it. Could be posturing from these sources. Need to sit down and look in the kids eyes to see what’s up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Character concerns are always worrisome especially at QB..... but who knows if this is BS or not. Teams gotta do their own research

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No Combine this year so the Bears will need to have a private workout with him in order to get an idea.

Some of that description reads like a guy that has no problem assuming the role of a leader, because he is confident enough to believe that he is "entitled" to it.

What the Fuc# does his parents have to do with his ability to play football in the NFL

"Selfish" seems like it does not translate to the Field. I watched a couple of games and he was asked to rely on the run game and it did not seem to be an issue, he celebrated with his team mates when someone scored a rushing TD....?

Maybe there is something to it, but if the worse thing he has going is that some scout said he was a "rich entitled brat" that is the coaches responsibility to keep him in check. The Bears have needed a talented, confident QB for decades now, so deal with a primidone

I don’t think private workouts are allowed.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I heard none of his teammates showed up to his birthday party.

Here is an actual photo from his birthday "party"...

HoAXmpp.jpg

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope these rumors and slights keep on coming so he somehow drops into the Bears grasp.

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
In speaking to a director of college scouting from a NFC team that is in the market for a new quarterback, they outlined the makeup concerns with Wilson:

"Johnny Manziel comp without the [drugs]. [Wilson] is fun to watch, but is he a 1-year flash in the pan? He's a backyard baller who is fun to watch.

"Someone will grab him in the first. I doubt he gets to the second, because once the third quarterback goes after Lawrence and Fields, there will be a run on them. [Wilson] has character concern, rich kid who is an entitled brat -uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all.

Beware of scouts on teams that need to draft quarterbacks bad mouthing the talent to hope they fall to their pick. Maybe this was started by the bears but i doubt they are that smart

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Wonder what Pace will give up to move to #1 in order to draft him ?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
In speaking to a director of college scouting from a NFC team that is in the market for a new quarterback, they outlined the makeup concerns with Wilson:

"Johnny Manziel comp without the [drugs]. [Wilson] is fun to watch, but is he a 1-year flash in the pan? He's a backyard baller who is fun to watch.

"Someone will grab him in the first. I doubt he gets to the second, because once the third quarterback goes after Lawrence and Fields, there will be a run on them. [Wilson] has character concern, rich kid who is an entitled brat -uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all.
I wasnt impressed with him. Hes Colt McCoy. Pass. The best thing that would happen if he came to Chicago is he`d get everybody fired.