Would you do the Cutler trade for Watson?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"Chicago sent two first-round picks, a third-round pick, and Kyle Orton to the Broncos for its new franchise QB. "

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTcyNDE2NjYzNTQ1NzE4Njk4%2Fdeshaun-watson-swap-to-bears-done-.jpg

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Damn, that is a tough one.

Houston would probably go 0-16 with Trubisky or Foles. They are that bad around Watson.

That said, I would hate to make that same mistake again. No matter what though, Watson is a much better leader than Cutler. The mistake would be if he has more injuries or if he just bottom's out after a few years which is possible. But the potential is really high that he could even win a league MVP.

I would probably do it.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mitch & a 1st

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
No, organization needs to learn how to draft and build an offense on its own! Won’t win Super Bowl if constantly taking someone else’s picks

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Yes, and not even because I think Watson is great. But because you are going to use a 1st round pick anyway.
So you essentially give away 2 picks (1st and 3rd) to guarantee you get the QB position correct. I would do it.

The Cutler trade was bad because he just didn't improve, didn't care enough about the game to become a student of the game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Houston isn't trading Watson. Even if they were open to it i still have concerns with Watson's injury history and his decision making. He'd still be the best QB the Bears have had since Sid though so would be hard to turn down trading for Watson.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. At least not with Nagy as his coach. I would do it for Herbert tho

46plank

Liked Posts:
Stop trading high draft picks!!! We need someone in the front office that can evaluate offensive talent, so the draft is worth something.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. This team needs to learn how to draft, that means hiring a new GM. When pace was hired, he was going to build through the draft, fill holes in free agency. He’s done the exact opposite and now we are on the eve of cap hell barring miraculous number manipulation by Cliff Stein.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
If this was Madden franchise mode and I turned the salary cap off in the settings then yes I would. In real life? No

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Houston isn't trading Watson. Even if they were open to it i still have concerns with Watson's injury history and his decision making. He'd still be the best QB the Bears have had since Sid though so would be hard to turn down trading for Watson.

Houston has made some terrible moves but players aren't slaves if they don't want to play for a team they can refuse. They aren't slaves.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Would you do the Cutler trade for Watson?

This would be different than the jay trade. jay came here as a loser, who never accomplished anything since HS.
Watson has been a leader and a winner throughout his career. A big part of me says yes. But I'd still want us to draft and develop our own.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If this was Madden franchise mode and I turned the salary cap off in the settings then yes I would. In real life? No

Bears have the cap space if we make some cuts like Allen Robinson.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So cut a 26 win QB and give up two firsts and a third for a ....... 26 win QB???

Actually sounds like something Chicago might actually do!! ?

Last edited: