Would you do the Cutler trade for Watson?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
really need to stop squandering picks period. We are in cap hell cause of that.

Literally this. No team can sustain wasting money in free agency, missing on first round picks AND still giving those first round picks away every few years. Does anyone even want to total up how many first round picks the Bears have given away in the past 15 years?

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't fucking trade my time with Jay Christopher Cutler for any mortal quarterback

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I kept saying people would appreciate what we had with Cutler when the lean years came. Who fucking knew that would be immediately after.

Liked Posts:
I kept saying people would appreciate what we had with Cutler when the lean years came. Who fucking knew that would be immediately after.

Appreciate what we had with cutler? Nobody on here appreciates what we had with cutler, what exactly is there to appreciate?

His time here was exhausting, he was the absolute tease, giving bears fans full blown blue balls.

I’d rather have Mitch or Foles or Orton for that matter than that head case .

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont wanna spend 8 more years of my life defending watson like i did cutler for the love of god save our draft picks and build from the line out

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Appreciate what we had with cutler? Nobody on here appreciates what we had with cutler, what exactly is there to appreciate?

His time here was exhausting, he was the absolute tease, giving bears fans full blown blue balls.

Right. Because Cutler led the worst offenses in football. What drugs are you on pal?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are we allowed to have a first round pick for at least three years straight?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, I think he's good but not worth his contract + 2 first rounders good.

With this oline, WR group(you wouldn't re-sign arob) and run game, he would not be as much of an upgrade as we would hope.

It would essentially be just like trading for cutler....lol
I agree I don't think Watson is elite, he is at best borderline top 10. Kind of like Jay was but with a much more worst injury history. Just simply not worth the contract or the draft capital that it would take to get him for a minor upgrade.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I agree I don't think Watson is elite, he is at best borderline top 10. Kind of like Jay was but with a much more worst injury history. Just simply not worth the contract or the draft capital that it would take to get him for a minor upgrade.

Yup, watson is good, but the result will be similar to what happened to this offense when we got cutler but forgot to get a supporting cast.

Watson could get sacked 10 times behind this line in a game based on how much he loves to hold onto the ball to extend plays.

Liked Posts:
Right. Because Cutler led the worst offenses in football. What drugs are you on pal?

Right, as if Cutler led a bunch of great offenses. It’s like comparing a turd to puke, pick whichever you like pal.

Oh and I bet if you adjust offensive output on a per dollar basis, cutler was the biggest waste of money and talent out of all of them.

Gtfoh with this garbage.

Liked Posts:
The Bears have to stop giving away draft picks, particularly in rounds 1-3. I would use this year's first on a QB and the second and third on offensive linemen. The D and skill position players will be better with upgrades at QB and OL.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't forget #22

Oh trust me. That isn't lost on me at all.

forte.jpg

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right, as if Cutler led a bunch of great offenses. It’s like comparing a turd to puke, pick whichever you like pal.

Oh and I bet if you adjust offensive output on a per dollar basis, cutler was the biggest waste of money and talent out of all of them.

Gtfoh with this garbage.

By all means, look up the offensive rankings of EVERY SINGLE BEARS TEAM WITH CUTLER. ALL OF THEM. Point out the last time a single Cutler led team was this shit offensively...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I can't believe people are still saying these things with Cutler.

He wasn't the answer. Neither are the guys the Bears have. That doesn't automatically mean you hold on to Cutler. Have some standards for your QBs. People kept acting like you cant replace guys like Cutler when you've got literal rookies outperforming his career and journeyman who can give you just as much. The Bears entire offense is a mess. Cutler would get jack shit done on this team.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
No, we're just fine going another 70 years until the Bears get a franchise qb, thanks.

So you would be fine with a few years of Watson playing good to great when healthy, but missing a bunch of games because his offensive line consists of turnstiles and then retiring like Andrew Luck?