Would You Have Rather Cut Fuller or Jackson (all things being equal)?

Would You Have Rather Cut Fuller or Jackson (all things being equal)?

• Jackson

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Fuller

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
If we were to assume cutting Fuller or Jackson was approximately the same in 'dead cap savings', which would you have rather cut?

I think Fuller is more valuable to winning in the next year or two than Jackson, based on last year's performances.

I'm not an expert at determining 'dead cap', but looking at spotrac.com, cutting Eddie Jackson is $18.6mil, where I believe I read Fuller was $20mil with Bears saving a mere $11mil. I would have suggested Pace find someway to keep Fuller (and Jackson) but he didn't. The rest of Jackson's contract might be attractive if he plays as he did in years prior to 2020, but have my doubts that will happen. So the choice between the two is interesting.
Jackson is an easy choice. He hasn't made a good play since he picked off Rodgers in the 2nd Green Bay game to secure their last win vs the Packers, and hurting himself in the process.

At least Fuller would show up here and there, Eddie has been a ghost since then.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Fuller.

Jackson is still very young and could round out to be one of the great safeties in the game (although I don’t personally advocate paying a safety that much). Jackson’s much more likely to regain his previous performance.

Fuller’s best days are **definitely** behind him. He’ll soon be on the wrong side of 30, and there’s more wear-and-tear on corners than safeties.

I’m not letting a corner who’s 30+ years old be one of the highest paid players on my team, unless he’s just an interception-machine lockdown corner who changes the game.
I get your logic, but Eddie is getting paid too and he isn't doing shit but avoid hits.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If he plays like 2018 again Jackson >fuller

This. Eddie was never known to be a good tackler. That aspect of his game is the same as it was in 2018. Blame Pagano for having him near the LOS more often than Fangio did. Put him in a position to fail because it didn't play to his skill set. But the meatballs on here are too fucking stupid to see that.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jackson has lost all my respect with all his business decisions since the bears made him the highest paid safety in the NFL. And what happened to the ball hawk? ?

Fuller is a complete player, it isn’t close for me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we were to assume cutting Fuller or Jackson was approximately the same in 'dead cap savings', which would you have rather cut?

I think Fuller is more valuable to winning in the next year or two than Jackson, based on last year's performances.

I'm not an expert at determining 'dead cap', but looking at spotrac.com, cutting Eddie Jackson is $18.6mil, where I believe I read Fuller was $20mil with Bears saving a mere $11mil. I would have suggested Pace find someway to keep Fuller (and Jackson) but he didn't. The rest of Jackson's contract might be attractive if he plays as he did in years prior to 2020, but have my doubts that will happen. So the choice between the two is interesting.

I am surprised they couldn't trade Fuller to a contender with a QB.

I knew he fell off but I didn't think the whole league new about it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jackson has lost all my respect with all his business decisions since the bears made him the highest paid safety in the NFL. And what happened to the ball hawk? ?

Fuller is a complete player, it isn’t close for me.

I don't think Fuller is an island corner anymore. I'd actually like to see him tried out at FS or Nickel where he can use his physicality more and play near the line of scrimmage like he did at Virginia Tech.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

No one wants to pay $20 million for cushion coverage. Fuller is good but he's hardly irreplaceable

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

yeah, a team needing for a good CB should have hit on Fuller (for a 7th) just to have a jump on signing him long term. Guess the GMs were confident they could sign Fuller for less than 13mil/yr (his Bears contract sallary)

And they were certainly right, Fuller signed with Broncos for 9mil.

Bears asked Fuller to take a pay cut, I wonder if it was less than 9 mil?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Now that I think about it I could see Fuller getting exposed this season. Seeing Keenan Allen and Tyreke Hill twice a year is gonna be brutal.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
yeah, a team needing for a good CB should have hit on Fuller (for a 7th) just to have a jump on signing him long term. Guess the GMs were confident they could sign Fuller for less than 13mil/yr (his Bears contract sallary)

And they were certainly right, Fuller signed with Broncos for 9mil.

Bears asked Fuller to take a pay cut, I wonder if it was less than 9 mil?
Actually, most every team knew he wanted to go to Denver to be re-United with Fangio, so they needed to trade if they wanted him. None did.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No one wants to pay $20 million for cushion coverage. Fuller is good but he's hardly irreplaceable
Me myself I wouldn’t want to be the team with the highest paid safety in the league on the books no matter how good he is. I think the money is better spent elsewhere. That’s 14 mil that could be added to the oline. I would always rather pay cb over safety also. I also think ej play dropped based on pagano garbage ass defense. But even if he regains form @15 mil it’s a luxury

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Me myself I wouldn’t want to be the team with the highest paid safety in the league on the books no matter how good he is. I think the money is better spent elsewhere. That’s 14 mil that could be added to the oline. I would always rather pay cb over safety also. I also think ej play dropped based on pagano garbage ass defense. But even if he regains form @15 mil it’s a luxury

No argument here. If I'm paying $20million for a CB, they better be Revis-like in their coverage

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
One is good and the other one was used incorrectly by Pagano.
Ahhh yes, being unwilling to tackle, taking horrible angles, creating stupid penalties and then bitching on social media because you can't do your job.

Sounds like coaching to me! LMAAAAAOOOOOOOOO

L

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ahhh yes, being unwilling to tackle, taking horrible angles, creating stupid penalties and then bitching on social media because you can't do your job.

Sounds like coaching to me! LMAAAAAOOOOOOOOO

L
again, watch some film and learn what's really going on.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
again, watch some film and learn what's really going on.
Why don't you tell me what's going on instead of insisting that the thing I've been saying for two years, a thing that even pro talking heads caught onto this season, is wrong and what you're saying is correct. Please, stop using playing the lowest level of college football as a shield and a way to take your word for it and finally put that keyboard to use. Please. Give us a W. Do it for all the leather helmet wearing boomers.