Would You Have Rather Cut Fuller or Jackson (all things being equal)?

Would You Have Rather Cut Fuller or Jackson (all things being equal)?

• Jackson

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Fuller

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Bust

Liked Posts:
If we were to assume cutting Fuller or Jackson was approximately the same in 'dead cap savings', which would you have rather cut?

I think Fuller is more valuable to winning in the next year or two than Jackson, based on last year's performances.

I'm not an expert at determining 'dead cap', but looking at spotrac.com, cutting Eddie Jackson is $18.6mil, where I believe I read Fuller was $20mil with Bears saving a mere $11mil. I would have suggested Pace find someway to keep Fuller (and Jackson) but he didn't. The rest of Jackson's contract might be attractive if he plays as he did in years prior to 2020, but have my doubts that will happen. So the choice between the two is interesting.

It was Robert Quinn's fault

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Jackson. 1000%

He's the worst contract on this team. Yes, worse than robert quinn.

His question says "all things being equal". I assume that means contract disparities aren't part of the equation

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Jackson honestly was a couple of referee calls going against the Bears from having a couple big momentum turning plays for us last year that may have been the difference in a couple of games. EJs biggest questions to me was towards the end of the year where he seemed to not come up in run support or make the hit as quickly as he previously had. I'm not sure if he had just checked out or what drove that, but it seemed like the effort wasn't as good. Fuller is a very good corner but his 5-7 yard cushion always seemed like a liability and the better QBs seemed to always have a way to attack that type of soft, off the line play. I hope EJ returns to form and I wish Fuller well, but our secondary definitely has a big question mark going into the 2021 season as to what kind of unit it is and how much of their play last year was because of Pagano.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
If we were to assume cutting Fuller or Jackson was approximately the same in 'dead cap savings', which would you have rather cut?

I think Fuller is more valuable to winning in the next year or two than Jackson, based on last year's performances.

I'm not an expert at determining 'dead cap', but looking at spotrac.com, cutting Eddie Jackson is $18.6mil, where I believe I read Fuller was $20mil with Bears saving a mere $11mil. I would have suggested Pace find someway to keep Fuller (and Jackson) but he didn't. The rest of Jackson's contract might be attractive if he plays as he did in years prior to 2020, but have my doubts that will happen. So the choice between the two is interesting.

Jackson - Hands down.

Fuller is a rare commodity in the NFL - a solid cover corner. Safeties are easier to find.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm hopeful that Jackson's last couple years of relative suckage has more to do with how he was being used by Pagano rather than him suddenly forgetting how to play football. I'm hoping Desai returning to more of a Fangio-style defense will remedy that.