WS Hard After Dunn...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Boers and Bernstein are a disgrace to the profession.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Not surprising that many people on this site hate B&B. Wouldn't have guessed. :rolleyes:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not surprising that many people on this site hate B&B. Wouldn't have guessed. :rolleyes:

Those tools have the same problem that 90 percent of the douche bags that ruin sports media also possess. They think they're more important than the sports they cover, which is completely backwards. Instead of reporting/discussing the news, those douche bags try to make the news by starting shit on their program. It's fucking obnoxious.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Those tools have the same problem that 90 percent of the douche bags that ruin sports media also possess. They think they're more important than the sports they cover, which is completely backwards. Instead of reporting/discussing the news, those douche bags try to make the news by starting shit on their program. It's fucking obnoxious.

If you want people to just report the news and give everything at face value, watch ESPN. B&B are the most in-depth sports talk show I've ever heard (and I listen to a lot of sports radio while working). They don't just report the facts then discuss them, they delve deeper into the various situations that come up and actually say something about the issue, whatever it is.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I might have to listen to B&B someday on them there internetz.

Also, which is better. ESPN1000 or 670?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
:noted:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
:shrug:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If you want people to just report the news and give everything at face value, watch ESPN. B&B are the most in-depth sports talk show I've ever heard (and I listen to a lot of sports radio while working). They don't just report the facts then discuss them, they delve deeper into the various situations that come up and actually say something about the issue, whatever it is.

No, ESPN is the same way. It's full of people like Jay Mariotti, Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, Bill Plaschke, and more.

I understand that radio shows are designed for discussion about sports topics and that they have to do something special to get ratings, but I think B&B are ridiculous in their search for high ratings.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
No, ESPN is the same way. It's full of people like Jay Mariotti, Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, Bill Plaschke, and more.

No, it's really not. Actually watch some of their "discussion" shows. Outside of the responses being canned (ever notice how on ATH and PTI the panelists rarely have the same take on the same subjects, and there is usually a close-to-even amount of dissenting views?), they never actually say anything.

They give their opinions, yes, but they never actually go deep into a story and look at the underlying issues, it's all just face-value stuff.

I understand that radio shows are designed for discussion about sports topics and that they have to do something special to get ratings, but I think B&B are ridiculous in their search for high ratings.

Their show has never been about winning the ratings war, as far as I can gather. Even when B&B were getting beaten by ESPN in the mid-day slot, their format didn't change, nor did their views or the way they handled callers.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awwww, did he make fun of you or something?

nope. his humor is stale, his cough gets more annoying by the day and he doesnt know shit unless he talks about the jordan era that he followed when he actually watched sports.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

if you want to know what wine to buy at a store and what is good than you listen to them. if you want to listen to a wannabe doctor and lawyer you listen to them. they dont delve into shit. im guessing the only reason you listen during baseball season is the fact that bernstein revolves all his conclusions around sabre and WAR.

when hawk said years back "spinmaster" at them he wasnt kidding. it is what they do to every story and every caller.they simply hide behind their mics.

they do not get their ratings because of "sports talk" its called shock radio.

the best was last year when bernstein said no one would care if the hawks won the cup......that baited alot of callers. its what they do.

and to put it simply there isnt much out there for chicago to listen to as far as pure sports are concerned.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

exactly

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
No, it's really not. Actually watch some of their "discussion" shows. Outside of the responses being canned (ever notice how on ATH and PTI the panelists rarely have the same take on the same subjects, and there is usually a close-to-even amount of dissenting views?), they never actually say anything.

They give their opinions, yes, but they never actually go deep into a story and look at the underlying issues, it's all just face-value stuff.

Their show has never been about winning the ratings war, as far as I can gather. Even when B&B were getting beaten by ESPN in the mid-day slot, their format didn't change, nor did their views or the way they handled callers.

I don't see this conversation going anywhere. I'll let the elephant have the final word.

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Well, to be fair, Hawk also thinks that Billy Beane and the A's organization wrote Moneyball, so.....yeah.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Even though this thread has totally gone off-topic...

I love 670. B&B really annoyed me at first but they have grown on me.

"By crackie" is hilarious.

Bernstein does get a litttle annoying with callers. He argues like a woman, always going for cheap wins in every fight. For example if a caller calls in and says something like "Tall hitters hit more homeruns," and Bernstein disagrees, he would just yell over the caller something like "Name the height and weight of the top ten homerun hitters! Youre an idiot!!!"