XFL folds. Everyone fired.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When the XFL announced that its 2020 season had ended, the league said it would return in 2021. That no longer appears to be the case.

Several XFL employees confirmed on social media today that the whole staff of the XFL was informed that they’re being laid off during a conference call.

Although there has not been an official announcement about the 2021 season, it certainly looks like there will be no more XFL at all.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just like every other "pro" football startup? At least this means Trestman is available?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Everyone saw this coming...XFL, AFL, and I know there was another minor league in the works...I wish they all would have come together and made one good league....not some 8 team league

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
One positive that comes out of this is psycho Greg Gabriel is now free to tweet his NFL Draft thoughts and go off on people with different opinions.

Free entertainment has never been needed more than now!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
When the XFL announced that its 2020 season had ended, the league said it would return in 2021. That no longer appears to be the case.

Several XFL employees confirmed on social media today that the whole staff of the XFL was informed that they’re being laid off during a conference call.

Although there has not been an official announcement about the 2021 season, it certainly looks like there will be no more XFL at all.

this is horrible news. The XFL was very fair in there hiring practices . They gave a lotta people jobs they wouldn't get in the NFL.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Vince cant catch a break

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
One positive that comes out of this is psycho Greg Gabriel is now free to tweet his NFL Draft thoughts and go off on people with different opinions.

Free entertainment has never been needed more than now!

Yeah I admit that I enjoy Greg Gabriel's twitter beefs far more than I should.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Why would they want to keep paying employees? Wouldn't their year just have ended around now anyway and wont start up again til next February? Maybe they do it so they can get in line with the rest of the people going to unemployment.

mecha

Liked Posts:
from wrestlincinc.com:
Wooo Nation!!! • an hour ago
Tom Brady’s NFL career has outlasted the very existence of the XFL itself.

Twice.

the lol

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Vince cant catch a break

The shutdown with the virus came at a bad time for them but why did he think a 2nd go round with spring football by the junior varsity squad would even have a chance to succeed??