XFL folds. Everyone fired.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I think they'll be back next year. Relatively speaking, they did well. Every week viewership went down, last week avg about 833k, with the increasing closings because of covid19. They can make 800k to 1mil work. It wasn't a bad start. People have to get used to it. I think they should have played the playoffs and championship, with empty stadiums, that would have been their best ratings.

I have always heard ratings decreasing over a first season especially is a horribly bad sign for tv. You’d rather start slow and gain momentum than start big and steadily decline. It’s pretty much a given that if a show is steadily decreasing throughout the season they’ll cancel it. Even if it initially had a lot of buzz and had good ratings. The XFL‘s ratings decreasing steadily as the season progressed Is really important to understanding what the future probably would have been. Considering ratings decreased like that progressively as the season went forward means things weren’t good for the future.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
TV Viewership is down 70% since 1980. That really is not saying much.

Top Ratings Shows by Start of Each Decade since 1980:
1980: Dallas (34.5)
1990: Cheers (21.3)
2000: Survivor (17.4)
2010: American Idol (14.5)
2018: Sunday Night Football (10.9)

There was like 3 channels in 1980.

I find the whole constant pointing out of ratings decline to be annoying because of the stupidity of it all. Most people are just trying to push an agenda when they do it. And or create a false narrative. It’s for rubes to latch onto. People are still staring at screens all day. There’s just like a million different things to watch. And most importantly you can still watch most of the stuff on your tv on your computer. Which isn’t being tracked by Nielsen ratings.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I have always heard ratings decreasing over a first season especially is a horribly bad sign for tv. You’d rather start slow and gain momentum than start big and steadily decline. It’s pretty much a given that if a show is steadily decreasing throughout the season they’ll cancel it. Even if it initially had a lot of buzz and had good ratings. The XFL‘s ratings decreasing steadily as the season progressed Is really important to understanding what the future probably would have been. Considering ratings decreased like that progressively as the season went forward means things weren’t good for the future.
It's more complicated than that. It's normal for a new show to decrease in viewership. If you look at The Walking Dead's viewership, note two things: viewership goes down over the season; and viewership has gone down since Season 5 -- in fact Season 9 was only 34% of Season 5... And yet they greenlit for Season 10. Viewership is going down for everything. The question is whether the revenues can make a profit, and if there's something better to replace it. The answers may be yes to the first and no to the second.

Liked Posts:
WWE stock price has dropped 66% in roughly a year. In early January they fired two of their top executives. You had Vincent making up the excuse that injuries were to blame. Now you have the XFL likely closing for good after completing just a half season. The company is currently a mess. I don't think they have a plan to get it figured out. They can't keep trotting 50 year old superstars out there for cringe matches, that is abundantly clear.

Liked Posts:
I don't see any way Luck loses his suit against Vince. He was fired for cause yet Luck guided the XFL to a much softer loss than Vince was expecting.

"Yes your honor, Mr. Luck was too good at his job...we had to terminate him."

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He is mad that he only gets to use his mom's computer between midnight and 4 am because she does cuckold webcam shows all day.

BTW, One of my favorite channels.