Yahoo Sports: No Boozer Trade Talks

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Bulls haven’t had a “single conversation” about a 3-way deal Blazers and “have nothing going” with Utah about Boozer, Bulls source tells Y!.

From their twitter page.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Wojnarowski is gold though. ESPN has a bad track record of breaking such things.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
well i WANT to believe espn. how about that

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Well, if you go to Tyrus Thomas facebook, it clearly shows he's going to Utah Jazz!

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
no, he says he's on vacation actually soon after...

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Besides, Technine reported this primarily, then shortly after, EspnChicago reports it. So it's some truth to this.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Smith says Detroit is trying to get Boozer still.

Oops. pargo didnt get a ring w/lal. but still hearing det trying 4 booz

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
Well now Sam Smith, Yahoo, and Jason Quick all have shot it down. That beats one BSPN report and a utah radio station.

I always expect the Bulls to sit on their hands and not do anything. Anything else is a surprise.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
charity stripe wrote:
Well now Sam Smith, Yahoo, and Jason Quick all have shot it down. That beats one BSPN report and a utah radio station.

I always expect the Bulls to sit on their hands and not do anything. Anything else is a surprise.

Carlos Boozer join the club. I'd like you to meet Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol, and Amare Stoudemire.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Carlos Boozer join the club. I'd like you to meet Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol, and Amare Stoudemire.

What do those people have in common?

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
trade rumors to chicago that of course didn't happen for various reasons...most of which named luol deng

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
well i WANT to believe espn. how about that

http://img1.jurko.net/wall/paper/x_files_23.jpg

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
charity stripe wrote:

First, I have no idea what you started another Boozer thread when there's an active one already--apparently, just to celebrate that its shot down.

Two, your logic is way off. If, per the links you've posted, the Bulls after Boozer rumor isn't serious, then how can we count Boozer in the list of big names the Bulls didn't pull the trigger on, after all, their interest, supposedly, wasn't serious?

Oops, sorry. Your TITLE is that there have been NO BOOZER TRADE TALKS--yet your argument is that Boozer is another in the Pau Gasol club. I repeat, how can he be included if there weren't any talks?!

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
PJ Brown wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
charity stripe wrote:

First, I have no idea what you started another Boozer thread when there's an active one already--apparently, just to celebrate that its shot down.

Two, your logic is way off. If, per the links you've posted, the Bulls after Boozer rumor isn't serious, then how can we count Boozer in the list of big names the Bulls didn't pull the trigger on, after all, their interest, supposedly, wasn't serious?

Oops, sorry. Your TITLE is that there have been NO BOOZER TRADE TALKS--yet your argument is that Boozer is another in the Pau Gasol club. I repeat, how can he be included if there weren't any talks?!

Boozer joins the club of big name players talked about being traded to the Bulls, with no results. There weren't any serious talks about Garnett as far as I've heard either.

There's no reason to celebrate this being shot down. It'd be a good trade for the Bulls, giving them an allstar caliber big finally.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
PJ Brown wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
charity stripe wrote:

Boozer joins the club of big name players talked about being traded to the Bulls, with no results. There weren't any serious talks about Garnett as far as I've heard either.

There's no reason to celebrate this being shot down. It'd be a good trade for the Bulls, giving them an allstar caliber big finally.

There were definitely talks about KG to the Bulls, many reports cite discussions around Chandler, Deng and a lottery pick. Obviously, none of us know how close the got or didn't get, though.

Still, I don't follow you. How can we hang management for not making a trade that they, according to your links, never talked about, just because supposedly inaccurate reports said its been talked about? More to the point, I think people are too quick to play the whole KG-Kobe-Gasol card just because its so convenient. When Boozer gets dealt to Detroit, for example, play it all you want! At this stage, it seems premature.

Personally, even if the three-way rumor isn't real, I tend to think that Boozer talks have happened, and I can't see any reason to assume it's all dead and gone just because these sources say that this three-way rumor is bogus. Again, I'll weigh in once I see what actually happens to Boozer.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
It's not a dig at management. It's just a club of all the big names rumored to go to the Bulls, who but didn't end up there.

If I would have to guess on the previous ones, Kevin Garnett, Minnesota wasn't interested in trading him for the first package (the old core), and then Boston's offer was better the second time around, rather than the Deng based one. For Gasol, the first time around, perhaps management didn't want to give up Deng for him...second time around, didn't want to go into the luxury tax. With Kobe, Lakers/Kobe weren't serious about making a trade happen. With Amare, Suns reportedly backed out at the last minute.

Gasol is probably the only one we can take a shot at management about. The first time, I guess they turned out being right, as they were able to get Gasol on the cheap later. Second time, you can take a shot at Reinsdorf for being cheap, but if we trade for Gasol, it alters the space time continuum, so even if we did end up with the 9th best lottery odds, we probably still don't get Derrick Rose.