Yahoo Sports: No Boozer Trade Talks

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
It's not a dig at management. It's just a club of all the big names rumored to go to the Bulls, who but didn't end up there.

If I would have to guess on the previous ones, Kevin Garnett, Minnesota wasn't interested in trading him for the first package (the old core), and then Boston's offer was better the second time around, rather than the Deng based one. For Gasol, the first time around, perhaps management didn't want to give up Deng for him...second time around, didn't want to go into the luxury tax. With Kobe, Lakers/Kobe weren't serious about making a trade happen. With Amare, Suns reportedly backed out at the last minute.

Gasol is probably the only one we can take a shot at management about. The first time, I guess they turned out being right, as they were able to get Gasol on the cheap later. Second time, you can take a shot at Reinsdorf for being cheap, but if we trade for Gasol, it alters the space time continuum, so even if we did end up with the 9th best lottery odds, we probably still don't get Derrick Rose.

Very fair, I see no reason to go any further. My only real point was that I don't think it was fair to play the "Bulls don't deliver the star" card until we actually see what happens. You clearly have a fair-minded take on how all those negotiations played out, though. And, obviously, we can all agree that we hope something big comes our way, sooner or later.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
PJ Brown wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
charity stripe wrote:
Well now Sam Smith, Yahoo, and Jason Quick all have shot it down. That beats one BSPN report and a utah radio station.

I always expect the Bulls to sit on their hands and not do anything. Anything else is a surprise.

Carlos Boozer join the club. I'd like you to meet Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol, and Amare Stoudemire.

First, I have no idea what you started another Boozer thread when there's an active one already--apparently, just to celebrate that its shot down.

Two, your logic is way off. If, per the links you've posted, the Bulls after Boozer rumor isn't serious, then how can we count Boozer in the list of big names the Bulls didn't pull the trigger on, after all, their interest, supposedly, wasn't serious?

Oops, sorry. Your TITLE is that there have been NO BOOZER TRADE TALKS--yet your argument is that Boozer is another in the Pau Gasol club. I repeat, how can he be included if there weren't any talks?!

Boozer joins the club of big name players talked about being traded to the Bulls, with no results.
There weren't any serious talks about Garnett as far as I've heard either.

There's no reason to celebrate this being shot down. It'd be a good trade for the Bulls, giving them an allstar caliber big finally.
Welcome to the brain trust of mediocrity and profits, what did you really expect? Utah probably wanted us to take on an additional $10 in salary and JR started having trouble breathing.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
They'll always deny there were talks, you don't want to piss off your players by saying "yeah we've been shopping the guy pretty heavily but so far no takers". Instead they always deny, deny, deny until the deal actually happens.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
@JonathanRozen Told this a.m. by a Bulls source that the Boozer deal wasn't happening. It's been discussed. A Por/Jazz/Det deal was, too.

about 1 hour ago from web in reply to JonathanRozen

That's form Ric Bucher's twitter.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Not true.

Made up.

Fabrication.

Prevarication.

Am I being too subtle here?

The report on ESPN said the teams “discussed” a deal and “two sources with knowledge of the three-team proposal confirmed there have been substantive talks…”

I’m not quite sure how you get that much wrong, but I think the editors may have left out the word, “not.”

As in the teams have “not” discussed a deal, and there have “not” been substantive talks.

I have checked this out thoroughly and am convinced there never have been discussions about any such deal. There’s a theory going around that the Trailblazers have been putting out the false leaks (you’ll notice they make out well in all the scenarios without much detail of what they give up) because of pressure they’ve been getting in Portland over losing out on Hedo Turkoglu after they said they would sign him.

http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bull...gibson-look-better-than-bad-boozer-rumor.html

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
charity stripe wrote:
Well now Sam Smith, Yahoo, and Jason Quick all have shot it down. That beats one BSPN report and a utah radio station.

I always expect the Bulls to sit on their hands and not do anything. Anything else is a surprise.

Carlos Boozer join the club. I'd like you to meet Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol, and Amare Stoudemire.

And Mike Dantoni.

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Welcome to the brain trust of mediocrity and profits, what did you really expect? Utah probably wanted us to take on an additional $10 in salary and JR started having trouble breathing.

and houheffna jumps in to defend reinsdorf and the bulls front-office in 3, 2, 1 ...

engies

Liked Posts:
dunkside.com wrote:
TheStig wrote:

and houheffna jumps in to defend reinsdorf and the bulls front-office in 3, 2, 1 ...
:lol: :laugh:

senrad

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't it be funny to see the Paxon brothers exact their revenge by trading for Boozer during a contract year and then exiling him to the NBDL

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
senrad wrote:
Wouldn't it be funny to see the Paxon brothers exact their revenge by trading for Boozer during a contract year and then exiling him to the NBDL

That'd worry me if our front office tried to send a player, who is not eligible to be sent to the D-League, to the D-League.