You have to have Blocking

Zenjohn

Liked Posts:
Tonight’s Super Bowl shows that no matter how good your quarterback is you can’t win with backup quality talent blocking. The Chief’s offense tonight, sadly reminded me of the Bears.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tonight’s Super Bowl shows that no matter how good your quarterback is you can’t win with backup quality talent blocking. The Chief’s offense sadly reminded me of the Bears.
In that the Bears like KC played all season long with back up OT's, talent wise.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Many of the CCS scouting dept don't agree with you at all.

Fuck the tackle positions. Didn't you know that you can get by with garbage because you have functioning G-C-G play?

Trading up for an unproven QB in the draft is the only way forward when overpaying for garbage via trade doesn't work. Future assets be damned...

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
TB has the best Front 7 in the league. Plus Mahomes has a fucked up toe, opened the door for TB. Man Fournette looks great.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Tonight’s Super Bowl shows that no matter how good your quarterback is you can’t win with backup quality talent blocking. The Chief’s offense tonight, sadly reminded me of the Bears.

Thought the same watching the game. Always worth mentioning, too bad Pace doesn't get it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
More like you have to have defense

and blocking

and a good offense

and just overall be a talented team with smart coaches and a QB who won’t lose you games

Agreed, but it all starts up front. Thats the point of this thread.

Without a good pass rush your defense will look like trash. Without good blocking your offense will look like trash.

Your skill guys all depend on those guys in the trenches. If they don't get it done, everyone fails.

Most NFL GM's seem to understand that. Bears GM's think you build backwards and get oline last.

mecha

Liked Posts:
TB has the best Front 7 in the league. Plus Mahomes has a fucked up toe, opened the door for TB. Man Fournette looks great.

Buccaneers just gashed them repeatedly with runs. CBS doesn't run any TOP that I saw, they had to control like 2/3 of the clock in the game.

this game is great, it owes entirely to my point that trading 11 picks for Watson is fucking stupid.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Of course you have to be able to block and KC obviously struggled in that area tonight.. But I think the TB players and coaching staff are not getting enough credit for how poorly the KC offense played.

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Agreed, but it all starts up front. Thats the point of this thread.

Without a good pass rush your defense will look like trash. Without good blocking your offense will look like trash.

Your skill guys all depend on those guys in the trenches. If they don't get it done, everyone fails.

Most NFL GM's seem to understand that. Bears GM's think you build backwards and get oline last.
Back to the trenches ! Just about friggin' time... Gotta change our GM/HC M.O. though...

mecha

Liked Posts:
I thought everyone said Mahomes was the greatest ever (seriously, greatest EVER) and that you just need the elitest of the elite at the position to win it all.

I stand by my points that trading the farm for Watson to install in effectively the same exact scenario the Chiefs exhibited in the Super Bowl, with even lesser receiving talent, will be the ultimate debacle.