You have to have Blocking

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
All this you don't need elite QB play... you realize the GOAT was out there right? Brady maybe long in the tooth but he is still a great QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KC's tackles were backups and worse than ours last night. Mahomes would have had a much better chance with Leno, Masse, Ifedi. No that doesn't make them any better than they are.

Said before the game that I couldn't understand why they were favored.

twetz

Liked Posts:
It wouldn't be fair to omit some criticism toward the offensive coordinator, Eric Bieniemy, would it?

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone remember the left tackle mafia from CCS many years ago? Maybe it's time for a revival.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Pace will finally understand how important OTs are.

"And with the 215th pick in the 2021 draft the Bears select Cleopheus Jackson, LT from Bumfuck A&M."

"And there you have it folks, the Bears finally select a olineman, after going all defense with their previous 4 picks"

TL1961

Liked Posts:
TB has the best Front 7 in the league. Plus Mahomes has a fucked up toe, opened the door for TB. Man Fournette looks great.
Mahomes himself had said the toe was fine two weeks ago and it sure didn’t stop him from running backwards away from the line of scrimmage about 30 times last night. the sprint to the 50 yard line when you had the ball at the 30 it was an interesting strategy

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It wouldn't be fair to omit some criticism toward the offensive coordinator, Eric Bieniemy, would it?
Yeah after hearing everybody complain that the enemy didn’t get a head-coaching job as if every black candidate has to immediately get hired I wondered if anyone would bring up the fact that his offense scored nine points
It was true that their tackles were out and that played a major role but it sure didn’t look like an offensive coordinator had done anything at all to account for that. He didn’t have any designed rollouts. It was a sprint backwards all night long

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Yeah after hearing everybody complain that the enemy didn’t get a head-coaching job as if every black candidate has to immediately get hired I wondered if anyone would bring up the fact that his offense scored nine points
It was true that their tackles were out and that played a major role but it sure didn’t look like an offensive coordinator had done anything at all to account for that. He didn’t have any designed rollouts. It was a sprint backwards all night long
There was a moment last night where I wondered if the Chiefs had brought Nagy back to be a consultant on offensive strategy for the game. They never seemed to adjust to what the Bucs were doing on defense. The best drives seemed to be when Mahomes threatened them with his legs (granted doing it on a bummed toe would be a big ask for a full game) but when he rolled out and then beat their deep coverages by taking the 5-7 yards they left him it seemed like the Bucs would have to get out of that defensive formation if they kept doing that.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think you can not over look the importance of a good O-line. I'm not sure if it is Brady or the coaches around him, but he has continually had a good/great O-line.

I think you can make the argument that with a good O-line and QB, your skill positions do not need to be HOFers to win. But the reality is that Brady has a good O-line and skill positions in Tampa.....

If Brady came to Chicago this last off season, is he wearing another ring? My opinion is maybe not, but he is leaps and bounds better than Foles and Trubisky, AND he makes the organization better. Last year with essentially the same roster Tampa was a hot streaky mess.

Just because we need O-line does not mean that you must take one in the first round, as a matter of fact the Bears have been more successful outside of the first round and going to FA.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
OK, I'm going to be that guy. The Bears OL was nowhere near as bad as the Chiefs OL was last night at any point last season. The closest we saw was probably the Saints game, which was very bad but not pressure on 60% of the passes bad. Mahomes ran for 497 yards laterally and backwards to get away from pressure. The Chiefs were Cutler 9 sacks against the Giants in the 1st half bad for the entire game.

The Bears certainly need to improve the OL, but let's not act like they were as bad as KC was last night. The Bears played this same D, completely healthy and blocked better than that.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Conference and SB wins are very much thanks to Bowles' D...
He had a fantastic game plan to stop Mahomes yesterday. And to think, Arians/Bowles could have been with the Bears......

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
OK, I'm going to be that guy. The Bears OL was nowhere near as bad as the Chiefs OL was last night at any point last season. The closest we saw was probably the Saints game, which was very bad but not pressure on 60% of the passes bad. Mahomes ran for 497 yards laterally and backwards to get away from pressure. The Chiefs were Cutler 9 sacks against the Giants in the 1st half bad for the entire game.

The Bears certainly need to improve the OL, but let's not act like they were as bad as KC was last night. The Bears played this same D, completely healthy and blocked better than that.
Agreed the Bears O line was not as bad as the Chiefs were last night. But you can’t compare the Bears week 5 against TB to last night. If the Bears played TB towards mid-end of the season, we would have looked that bad.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

That Titans game was a complete trainwreck for the OL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I mean, Ryan Pace doesn't even agree. Lol.

Don't know if you're joking but R.Pace absolutely agrees and made fixing the o-line a point in his end of season presser. He knows the o-line needs to be fixed, he tried to fix it last offseason just without having the money to put in it with already having Massie and Leno under contract so he signed G.Ifedi who ended the season playing well at RT and the line ended the season playing well. We'll have at least one new tackle that will either be a higher draft pick or a good vet in free agency and maybe two. The inside of our o-line is set.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If mahomes were healthy nothing would have happened tonight. His oline looks like shit. You can't have a good offense with a shit oline.....

Losing his starting LT (Eric Fisher) was huge and with losing him they had to move their RG to RT and had to play a backup at RG.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
KC's tackles were backups and worse than ours last night. Mahomes would have had a much better chance with Leno, Masse, Ifedi. No that doesn't make them any better than they are.

Bearly always gets it. If there were CCS golden sticker stars i'd stick one on your head.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:

I put that on the OC as much as anyone. You know that your line is a hot mess, and you still don’t go max protect, designed roll outs, quick hits, hell, anything to help them out. Bears OL would’ve looked just as bad if Foles or Trubs were doing 5-7 step drops with no extra help blocking. The scheme sucked from the get go, and they didn’t adjust much at all. There was one drive in the third I think wheee they were taking the small underneath stuff and were moving well, then they seemed to go all Nagy and say fuck it I wanna go big.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Well, if you can't understand why the chiefs were favored you don't really understand betting lines and power rankings.

The chiefs were the #1 team all year
Unless Mahomes was missing, they were going to be favored
Oline missing don't move Iines

None of this is a prediction of who will win the game but respective to what the proper betting line should be.

Personally, I thought Tampa dline would have their way and would pose a serious problem for the chiefs and mahomes....that happened...but the line was spot on.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Yes I agree.
Gotta invest in the fat men first. Then everything starts to work.