Young Bears We Need to Take a Step

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When you think about it that really is Pace's strength, he just needs the consistent draft capital. He has already shown he can build a top-rated defense... a good portion of which was done thru later round selections.

If Fields shores up what has clearly been the largest roster hole and also a big leak for draft capital and free agency dollars, this team can take off.
It might be the best plan.

Sign Offense. Spam the defense with picks.

But I agree, we need to generate more picks. A 5 man draft class is not good.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
These are the spots that we do not seem to have a locked in player for 2022 and the in house options that we may have.

WR1-Robinson [10]
WR3-
UTE-
RT-Borom
RG-Daniels [6]

CB2-Vildor
NB-Graham
LE-Edwards
RE-Nichols [6]
ILB2-
OLB2-Gipson
SS-

Obviously, this list is long and some in house candidates will step up or have to be relied on. But it will be interesting to see which of these needs remain after the season.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
People are sleeping on Duke Shelley. I’m expecting him to be the one to step up at CB.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I don’t think he will ever be a Travis Kelce type of TE but I think he can fall in that range of Hunter Henry if used properly.
Kelce and Gronk were special TEs who blossomed in the NFL. I’m worried that Kmet is going to be a poor mans Kyle Rudolph (not because he went to ND).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They are the 20th ranked recruiting class. I think they'll do very well in the Pac-12.

Watch out for Jermaine Terry down the road.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Kelce and Gronk were special TEs who blossomed in the NFL. I’m worried that Kmet is going to be a poor mans Kyle Rudolph (not because he went to ND).
He very well could be. I only mentioned Henry because that’s where I see his ceiling. But it would be the Bears luck if he’s more of a Rudolph type TE. At least it would be better than Shaheen.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I actually feel the exact opposite to the point I'm not hoping, but expecting him to break out. The kid showed a lot of heart and determination in his play. He was starting to get involved toward the end of the year to where he was averaging about 5-6 targets a game. I expect that trend to continue into this year where he is getting more targets than Jimmy Graham outside the redzone.

The biggest knock everyone has on him is his fumbles, but to me it was a matter of him fighting for yards and unfortunately losing the ball or the ref allowing gang tackling after forward progress was stopped. I could live with those plays and don't think the fumbles are indicative to his play. They happen in those situations and I chalk it up to him being passionate and trying to make the most of his opportunities.
Yeah I don’t mind the fumbling thing, I don’t expect that be a problem that will happen a lot. He’s not a RB after all.

I’m more concerned about him running good routes and getting separation down the field.