Your Chicago Blackhawks offseason thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we gotta move on from hoss.

Its a nice pipe dream. But Hoss and the Bread man are gone. We are saad. so saad.

Panik is a life saver. Panik/Saad has to wash out Hoss/

I am huge on Hayden. I don't know what Q was thinking in playoffs. Hayden is a beast, has good hockey IQ, good skills, goes to net. The guy is the Bickel wash.

If Debricat/Hino/Hartman can wash Shaw this year. Toews eats some fucking protein. Kane is in his prime.

Fuck me but I think the defense is better for moving on and trying to plug all these pieces in...somebody has to work, multiple somebodies and we are above where we were.

It might be time to fade away...but I think not just yet. Crow is really that good.

If it doesn't work this year, it actually is time for a new coaching staff, try some new things, work the team around, trade Toews, etc.

rebuild. maybe even let Kane go to a Buffalo team finally ready. Black Kane couldn't do it for them. It was a good ride.

Now its time to take a playbook out of Bruce Willis and DIE HARD.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we gotta move on from hoss.

Its a nice pipe dream. But Hoss and the Bread man are gone. We are saad. so saad.

Panik is a life saver. Panik/Saad has to wash out Hoss/

I am huge on Hayden. I don't know what Q was thinking in playoffs. Hayden is a beast, has good hockey IQ, good skills, goes to net. The guy is the Bickel wash.

If Debricat/Hino/Hartman can wash Shaw this year. Toews eats some fucking protein. Kane is in his prime.

Fuck me but I think the defense is better for moving on and trying to plug all these pieces in...somebody has to work, multiple somebodies and we are above where we were.

It might be time to fade away...but I think not just yet. Crow is really that good.

If it doesn't work this year, it actually is time for a new coaching staff, try some new things, work the team around, trade Toews, etc.

rebuild. maybe even let kane go to a buffalo team finally ready. Black Kane couldn't do it for them. It was a good ride.

Now its time to take a playbook out of Bruce Willis and DIE HARD.

Woah, you say Kane is in his prime. Ok, then you go on to say send him to Buffalo. seriously?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Toews is actually slimming down from last year. If you look he was bulkier because last whole summer he got stronger instead now he is focused on speed again.

i dont think Buffalo will be ready for Kane until after this contract. Maybe they'll need that skill vet to boost them and that will make many ignore the acquisition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No guys... he's right. We definitely need to rebuild the team which finished first in the west last year. 50 wins just ain't what it used to be.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No guys... he's right. We definitely need to rebuild the team which finished first in the west last year. 50 wins just ain't what it used to be.

I didn't start the rebuild!!

Bowman sorta stayed pat as long as he could. Held things together the best he could, went all-in to give them a cup run in 2016. Went youth movement in 2017.

We lost to good teams, but the moves this last off-season reek to me of desperation. Usually, once you make your last couple last gasp moves...and start going for a couple desperate shake-ups...its already over.

This year will be interesting, I think we might have enough to go on and re-tool and have another cup run in us. But we aren't the same team without Hammer, Hoss, and Pan.

Its a major shake-up, it was desperate, and we'll see how the benifits of last years youth movement can play into it.

Perhaps we have another few acts of desperation, before a total rebuild 2 years from now. That would be trading a big 3 piece, and rehauling the coaching staff, or for next year maybe just re-hauling the coaching staff in advance of a rebuild, but being patient and giving the new staff time to form an opinion.

I think Saad is better than Pan in playoff format. Hoss is devastating. The defense needs to be better one way or another. The young guys need to be tougher this year.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When do they report for training camp? I may actually have electricity, internet and cable restored intime for the season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
mid month things get rolling.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't start the rebuild!!

Bowman sorta stayed pat as long as he could. Held things together the best he could, went all-in to give them a cup run in 2016. Went youth movement in 2017.

We lost to good teams, but the moves this last off-season reek to me of desperation. Usually, once you make your last couple last gasp moves...and start going for a couple desperate shake-ups...its already over.

This year will be interesting, I think we might have enough to go on and re-tool and have another cup run in us. But we aren't the same team without Hammer, Hoss, and Pan.

Its a major shake-up, it was desperate, and we'll see how the benifits of last years youth movement can play into it.

Perhaps we have another few acts of desperation, before a total rebuild 2 years from now. That would be trading a big 3 piece, and rehauling the coaching staff, or for next year maybe just re-hauling the coaching staff in advance of a rebuild, but being patient and giving the new staff time to form an opinion.

I think Saad is better than Pan in playoff format. Hoss is devastating. The defense needs to be better one way or another. The young guys need to be tougher this year.

Total rebuild won't happen until Toews, Kane, Keith, and Seabs are up or near-up. Expect that more like 4 years. and not 2 since those for are over 30M in cap.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Total rebuild won't happen until Toews, Kane, Keith, and Seabs are up or near-up. Expect that more like 4 years. and not 2 since those for are over 30M in cap.

My hope, albeit an unlikely outcome, is that in 2 years our then-current GM pulls a Theo and initiates a massive selloff. It will be time to pivot toward picks & prospects for a 2-3 year reset.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My hope, albeit an unlikely outcome, is that in 2 years our then-current GM pulls a Theo and initiates a massive selloff. It will be time to pivot toward picks & prospects for a 2-3 year reset.
I don't think it happens. Toews, Kane, and Keith have ironclad NMCs. Keith is a recapture risk. Seabs *might* be movable when his NMC reverts to modified, but I'd be betting on 25-30M in 3-4 guys until 2023.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'd expect gms pushing owners to get another round of compliance buyouts with the new cba and Seabs will be given that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd expect gms pushing owners to get another round of compliance buyouts with the new cba and Seabs will be given that.

That would be Seab's out. You still have 25m in Torws, Kane and Keith.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Keith is destined for a Hossing eventually too

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The whole problem with the Blackhawks is that someone....Bowman, McDonough....someone in that front office made a very large over estimate on league growth. They signed those big money contracts to Toews and Kane figuring that by this time the salary cap would've risen enough to make them not only palatable but maybe even affordable. They really should stop listening to Bettman who still believes the NHL to be the second coming of the NBA.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The whole problem with the Blackhawks is that someone....Bowman, McDonough....someone in that front office made a very large over estimate on league growth. They signed those big money contracts to Toews and Kane figuring that by this time the salary cap would've risen enough to make them not only palatable but maybe even affordable. They really should stop listening to Bettman who still believes the NHL to be the second coming of the NBA.
Kane's pretty much earned it though.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think they both earned it before they kicked in.. but either way the timing wasn't on bowman. If he doesn't sign them and waits and they win a 3rd cup as ufas... they could of actually got the 12 they wanted