Your Expectations for Trubisky this season....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
4,200 yards passing, 400 yards rushing, 35 combined TDs passing and running, 12 Ints. Passing rating over 100. Give or take depending on how much we win and thr clutch factor.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
4,200 yards passing, 400 yards rushing, 35 combined TDs passing and running, 12 Ints. Passing rating over 100. Give or take depending on how much we win and thr clutch factor.
Honestly on one hand seems like a trubisky and nagy fanboi expectation but imo it is what should be expected from a a Pace perspective, given him trading up against himself and passing on mahomes.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
It’s hard for me to predict numbers for Turbinsky. He is such a team guy that I think it’s al about the wins. The Bears D is elite, they can literally take over other teams for stretches or for whole game. If that’s happening, it doesn’t make sense for Turbinksy to play in a way that puts up big numbers, just keep moving the chains, running the clock, and adding FGs can win in those situations. But, what I really want to see is: When that’s not the case, the D is having a bad game, Turbinksy can carry the team. Or even get to the game winning FG (like he did vs Philly!). I think the experience last year was great for Mitch, he got in a close playoff game. I really like where this team is heading.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s hard for me to predict numbers for Turbinsky. He is such a team guy that I think it’s al about the wins. The Bears D is elite, they can literally take over other teams for stretches or for whole game. If that’s happening, it doesn’t make sense for Turbinksy to play in a way that puts up big numbers, just keep moving the chains, running the clock, and adding FGs can win in those situations.

1.) No professional quarterback is such a "team guy" that he going take a backseat to any defense...even his own.

2.) If there is...I would not want him in a Bear uniform.

3.) Matt Nagy was a quarterback.

4.) The Bear defense had an elite season, but is going to have to do it a couple more times before they are an elite defense and they just lost their coach.

5.) Trubinsky? Seriously?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Your Expectations for Trubisky this season....
it's simple provide the leadership to 1) get back to the playoffs 2) win a playoff game .

Big Stats are fun brag about, however, end of the day.....I don't care about stats. I care
about WINS and getting to the SB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly on one hand seems like a trubisky and nagy fanboi expectation but imo it is what should be expected from a a Pace perspective, given him trading up against himself and passing on mahomes.

Excuses are over. Time for the dude to take the next step forward.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ill go with about 4500 yards, 35 TD's (including rushing) and 15 ints. With the hunt for a back to fit Nagy's system and a second year in the offense i expect more passing than before

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
See I've been around a while. I've seen the " 1-2 star" concept played out many times.
That means....' lets get caught up in a "star player's stats" and forget winning'.

If Trubs puts so-called "great #'s" and we don't make it back to the playoffs, should we really care

napo55

Liked Posts:
Numbers aside, you'd expect substantial improvement from an inexperienced young QB going into his second year of a new offensive system with a new coach. So completion percentage ,total yards, QB rating, which all had major improvements from his rookie year, should take another step upwards.

That said, all that matters is Ws, so let's see if he sustains or improves from last year's surprising success. To me, the key is the team finally has a talented young QB, so there is reason for fans to be optimistic. Let's see what happens...

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I expect him to get hurt in the GB game and miss the rest of the year, leaving everyone still wondering this same damn question next offseason. Why? Because, Bears.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
See I've been around a while. I've seen the " 1-2 star" concept played out many times.
That means....' lets get caught up in a "star player's stats" and forget winning'.

I have been around a while too and I have no idea what this means. No one ever has said, "Last place is no big deal because look at them passing yards totals!"

Of course winning is the goal, but stop telling yourself that the QB is just a passenger instead of the pilot. Pace did not hire one of the most creative playcallers in league after trading up for a QB to have them just run the clock out.

It is 2019 Bear Nation...stop making excuses for being completely Special person on offense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
30 TD / 15 INTs
3,500+ Passing Yards

Steady improvement, nothing drastic either way.
Pretty much this. I'd like fewer Picks but there are bad and not so bad picks. If these are the kind that stretch a field or thrown deep on 3rd and long, I'm good. Also want more yards but that should be more than sufficient with the way he gets 1sts with his legs.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I don't mind him running the ball cause he's pretty good at not taking too big of hits and knowing when to get down or run out of bounds

I am defending dabears70 on this one. Trubisky had great awareness when it came to running. He knew when to take off, he was decisive, he almost always could get out of bounds without taking a hit. The time he got hurt was when he was indecisive, and then tried to slide late.

I think being in Year 2 of Nagy's system could be a detriment to Trubisky. I'm sure Nagy will be implementing more of his offensive playbook, and I am assuming it will be featuring more downfield throws to the WRs. Nagy will most likely entrust Trubisky with more of the offensive load...last year Trubisky was 18th in Yards Per Completion and 25th in Yards Per Game, which screams "Alex Smith - Game Manager QB".

Trubisky will have to greatly improve his accuracy next year, otherwise he might have a Blake Bortles-type regression if he is asked to do too much. I think he can because he seems to be very intelligent, but I think next year we will see the finished product/ceiling of Trubisky, for better or worse.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
No. Really. He doesn't. He doesn't owe you, the media or anyone else shit. Much less when quarterbacks like him can have their guaranteed money voided over anything they say that a club doesn't like to hear. I don't give a shit what he says publicaly, I only are about his play. Its if nothing else a change of pace to have a clean cut quarterback that isn't a controversial personality. This isn't the NBA. If you want drama change sports.

All I want is more improvement from him. The stats will come along with said improvement.

I take it back! Remember when I said I wanted you to spend more time talking about football and less time bitching about CCS? I was wrong! You can't even make a simple football post without bringing in an element of bitchiness. You are insufferable. Make it stop.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I take it back! Remember when I said I wanted you to spend more time talking about football and less time bitching about CCS? I was wrong! You can't even make a simple football post without bringing in an element of bitchiness. You are insufferable. Make it stop.

This all started when he stopped smoking cigarettes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has to be in top half. Top 5-10 isn’t too much to ask. At least 2-1 td to int. Really needs to be a bit better. So, 4K yards. 30+ tds would be good. I think we are right if we expect big things. Plenty of ability, he has weapons, third year in the league, second year in the system, a lot of momentum from last year.....

The Bears traded up to take this guy in the first. Like the move or not, he’s the guy and he should be really good at this point. No excuses.
He'll be what he is regardless of where he was drafted. If you think it was too early, hold it against Pace and not the player.

Really good works for me but there's lots to this that doesn't show up in pure passing stats. Last year he was the antithesis of a QB like Cousins who has top 10 stats but never elevates his team. Mitch got bailed out by his mates a few times but he also kept some critical drives going when others would not. If we can keep the good and lose most of the bad, he'll become what we expected of him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To simply not look like Cutler every few games. And improve his lazy mechanics on deep throws