Your Reaction to the Pick

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I love that Bud Dupree has potential, and Armstead is a hell no.

They are the same player, just different positions.

I admit I don't know much about Dupree. Just going by what I've heard on here. I wouldn't be thrilled about either.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Bud Dupree in the first?
PRjLfv6_zpshqvogjfd.gif

Don't forget the couch

200.gif

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
Marcus Mariota
ehh.png
50/50 on Mariota.. Would feel no type of emotion on this pick because I'm so torn on how he will perform at the next level

Dante Fowler Another demi-goat pick in the draft. As much as i want Kevin Whizzle, seeing Fowler in a bears uni would make me giddy
krs.png

Kevin White
datazz.png
10/10 GOAT receiver

Arik Armstead
smugdon.png
8/possible 10/10 Prospect. Been a big fanboi of this guy for a while.

Bud Dupree
ufdup.png
You know you dun fucked up, right? No thanks, Jeff.
camby.png

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Mariota - Not excited, but would completely understand the pick, and put my trist in the coaching staff to have a plan for him to succeed.

Fowler - He's probably going to be an okay player (run defense is good, pass-rush is yet to be decided) in the NFL, but I would hate to see us pick an "okay" guy at #7.

White - It fits a position of need, and let's just hope that he's more than a one year-wonder with a great size/speed-combo.

Armstead - Get the f*** out of here with that pick, Pace!!!

Dupree - He's simply not a top 10-player, and I would be disappointed with this pick.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marcus Mariota - queasy

Dante Fowler - content

Kevin White - stoked

Arik Armstead - shocked

Bud Dupree - dizzy

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I would be just as ok with the Armstead pick as I would be with any of the pass rushers on the board.

There is a lot of potential in that kid. He is still a year or two younger than most of the other guys in the draft, he has ridiculous size and length and he is a good athlete (two sport player - basketball and football). I would be pretty happy to see us pick a guy like him with Fangio here. I am confident that Fangio would get the most out of him and we could get the next Calais Campbell. I think Armstead has that kind of potential.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I would be just as ok with the Armstead pick as I would be with any of the pass rushers on the board.

There is a lot of potential in that kid. He is still a year or two younger than most of the other guys in the draft, he has ridiculous size and length and he is a good athlete (two sport player - basketball and football). I would be pretty happy to see us pick a guy like him with Fangio here. I am confident that Fangio would get the most out of him and we could get the next Calais Campbell. I think Armstead has that kind of potential.

I just don't get the Armstead-hype. He definitely has talent, yes, and his size is intriguing, especially as a 5-tech. But neither his athleticism or production in college blow me away. I don't see how anyone could consider taking him in the top 10.

A guy like Henry Anderson is about the same size, has about the same strength, is actually faster and produced A LOT more in college playing the same position. Yet he's considered a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I'm not saying Anderson should be taken in the 1st round. I'm just saying that I don't think Armstead necessarily should.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Need to specify whether the bears get Mariota cause he slid or cause they traded up. Seems like you are suggesting he slid, in which case I think you have to take him unless the staff just plain think he doesn't have what it takes.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Need to specify whether the bears get Mariota cause he slid or cause they traded up. Seems like you are suggesting he slid, in which case I think you have to take him unless the staff just plain think he doesn't have what it takes.

Windy wrote "Your Reactions to the Following Picks at 7".

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Read past the first sentence next time.

Windy asked what you would think of Mariota being the pick at #7, so it's quite obvious that he slid in this scenario. What is there to specify?

But I agree with you. If Mariota is there at #7, I'd totally understand if Pace decided to go with him. You just don't stumble upon possible franchise quarterbacks very often.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Marcus Mariota - I like him and think he'll be a good player, but I'd rather draft someone at another position than a bench rider in 2015. Happy.

Dante Fowler - Fills a need. Happy.

Kevin White - Fills a need but the only WR I want in round 1 is Amari Cooper. Neutral.

Arik Armstead - Fills a need. Can play DE and/or DT. Happy.

Bud Dupree - Fills a need. Happy.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Marcus Mariota - I like him and think he'll be a good player, but I'd rather draft someone at another position than a bench rider in 2015. Happy.

Dante Fowler - Fills a need. Happy.

Kevin White - Fills a need but the only WR I want in round 1 is Amari Cooper. Neutral.

Arik Armstead - Fills a need. Can play DE and/or DT. Happy.

Bud Dupree - Fills a need. Happy.

Rookie.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I just don't get the Armstead-hype. He definitely has talent, yes, and his size is intriguing, especially as a 5-tech. But neither his athleticism or production in college blow me away. I don't see how anyone could consider taking him in the top 10.

A guy like Henry Anderson is about the same size, has about the same strength, is actually faster and produced A LOT more in college playing the same position. Yet he's considered a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I'm not saying Anderson should be taken in the 1st round. I'm just saying that I don't think Armstead necessarily should.

You have to remember that at the start of last season, Henry Anderson was a 23 year old redshirt senior, and Arik Armstead was a 20 year old true junior.

A lot of the hype around Armstead (and Fowler) is that they're very young players with a lot of room to develop and improve.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
You have to remember that at the start of last season, Henry Anderson was a 23 year old redshirt senior, and Arik Armstead was a 20 year old true junior.

A lot of the hype around Armstead (and Fowler) is that they're very young players with a lot of room to develop and improve.

I'm completely aware of that, and Armstead definitely could turn into something good once he matures on the field.

But I'm a guy that would like to see production on the field from a player, no matter if he's 20 or 28. Especially from a player some would like to see us draft as high as the first round. And the fact is, that even though he shines once in a while, his overall production quite simply is underwhelming. I would be disappointed to see us take him in the first round, even after a trade-down. I could live with him in the 2nd, even though it still wouldn't be a pick that excited me.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I'm completely aware of that, and Armstead definitely could turn into something good once he matures on the field.

But I'm a guy that would like to see production on the field from a player, no matter if he's 20 or 28. Especially from a player some would like to see us draft as high as the first round. And the fact is, that even though he shines once in a while, his overall production quite simply is underwhelming. I would be disappointed to see us take him in the first round, even after a trade-down. I could live with him in the 2nd, even though it still wouldn't be a pick that excited me.

It's risk-reward. Part of the intrigue of Armstead is how raw he is. He also has the frame to put on a lot more weight. I also think Armstead has phenomenal agility for his size and does a great job of maintaining leverage despite being 6-7. He was also double-teamed constantly last season because he would just physically dominate anyone who tried to block him one-on-one, which should be factored into any consideration of his production.

I also like Henry Anderson btw and I think he would be a nice fit and nice value in the 3rd round.