Your Reactions if BG signs with Detroit for $9mil?

cool007

Liked Posts:
I am hearing rumors that BG might sign with the Detroit Pistons for $9mil or even less than that a year.

If that is true, I want to hear your reactions.

I personally would want to kill each and everyone in the front office for letting BG go for that kind of deal.

That contract would mean that he will be getting less than Kirk and MUCH less than Deng. How can Bulls not sign him up IF IT IS for that kind of money.

BG is a really good bargain for $9mil a year or less and he is just entering his prime now. This is not some Wallace kind of deal who was declining already and on the verge of retirement.

I want to hear your reactions if this was to happen.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
Re:Your Reactions if BG signs with Detroit for $9m

while i SERIOUSLY doubt that this will happen, i would be sincerely disappointed with reinsdorf. it would make me very depressed.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

I would have a heart attack, my life would be over.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

Something along the lines of a public lynching is in order for JR.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:

TheStig wrote:

Huh? If Gordon signs for less than the Bulls have offered in the past, he's just as much to blame as management?

mlewinth

Liked Posts:

TheStig wrote:

Hey Stig, I will be in Chicago this week. What do you say we go down to the Berto Center and start this ceremony off!

TheStig

Liked Posts:

PJ Brown wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Huh? If Gordon signs for less than the Bulls have offered in the past, he's just as much to blame as management?

How do you figure? The bulls pulled that offer off the table when he wanted to sign it after their deadline. Ben had agreed to take it. Sorry, but JR is 110% to blame if we lose BG.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

mlewinth wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Hey Stig, I will be in Chicago this week. What do you say we go down to the Berto Center and start this ceremony off!

I'm up for it but we need a few more troops to storm the gates lol. Doug, we are going to need you, you are probably the only one to have been inside.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

If the Bulls don't sign Ben, it will be because of the price someone else put on him. I doubt 9mil is the price. But if he signs elsewhere, dont hate the player (Reinsdorf) hate the game...I would go eat a damn ham sandwich and watch television...its nothing. If they lose him, its because they already have his replacement.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

and who do you think that is??? salmons? he's not the answer. he's got the same issues as turkoglu. he's 30 and just broke out.

MADman24

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:
If the Bulls don't sign Ben, it will be because of the price someone else put on him. I doubt 9mil is the price. But if he signs elsewhere, dont hate the player (Reinsdorf) hate the game...I would go eat a damn ham sandwich and watch television...its nothing. If they lose him, its because they already have his replacement.
Are you Jerry Reinsdorf or a close friend or relative? If not how do you constantly defend this guy?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Doesn't matter when he broke out, he did. And he is a competent replacement.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:

He passes the ball less than Gordon, and gets to the rim less than Gordon, and is not as clutch as gordon, and doesn't shoot the 3 as well as Gordon. And he won't be a Bull after next season.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Are you Jerry Reinsdorf or a close friend or relative? If not how do you constantly defend this guy?

I wonder the same about some of you and Gordon. I don't see Reinsdorf the way you guys do...And I definitely don't see "all world shooting guard lets go over the lux tax to resign him" BG the way you guys do either.

He passes the ball less than Gordon, and gets to the rim less than Gordon, and is not as clutch as gordon, and doesn't shoot the 3 as well as Gordon. And he won't be a Bull after next season.

Oh, so you are Gar Forman in disguise...right...whatever you say.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:
Oh, so you are Gar Forman in disguise...right...whatever you say.

Do you ever have any counter argument, or any evidence to back up your claims? All you do is use other peoples opinions as your own, its very weak.

cool007

Liked Posts:

charity stripe wrote:
houheffna wrote:

And he will be asking as much as Gordon next offseason but only difference is Salmons will be declining in a year or two after next year while BG is only entering his prime.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Do you ever have any counter argument, or any evidence to back up your claims? All you do is use other peoples opinions as your own, its very weak.

Whats weak is to mindlessly genuflect with the majority...

Who are other people's opinions? My opinions are my own...and fairly unique on this forum, though when I talk to friends and fellow Bulls fans, they are not so unique.

Sorry if I don't convert to the Holy Church of BG...just ain't in me. Excuse me for being rebellious...

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:

Whats weak is to mindlessly genuflect with the majority...

Who are other people's opinions? My opinions are my own...and fairly unique on this forum, though when I talk to friends and fellow Bulls fans, they are not so unique.

Sorry if I don't convert to the Holy Church of BG...just ain't in me. Excuse me for being rebellious...

You constantly use other's opinions as proof that you are right - Scottie Pippen, Neil Funk, Stacey King, among others.

I don't care if you convert to Holy Church of BG. Just back up your claims with hard evidence.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

And he will be asking as much as Gordon next offseason but only difference is Salmons will be declining in a year or two after next year while BG is only entering his prime.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

He can ask all he wants, who is going to give him 8,9,10mil? Who? They will sign him to an acceptable deal at best and try to get a SG in 2010...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

You constantly use other's opinions as proof that you are right - Scottie Pippen, Neil Funk, Stacey King, among others.

I don't care if you convert to Holy Church of BG. Just back up your claims with hard evidence.

I WATCH THE GAMES, yeah, I actually tune in, watch, and so do the guys I quote, they are paid to watch, and give there opinions. And you disprove their opinions because you know so much more than they do.

What do you possibly know about basketball that Scottie Pippen don't know? What?

That is like having you teach me the theory of relativity and your ideology is totally contrary to Einstein's, once I find out the truth, from someone who has actually proven the formula...I am going with the master...what evidence do you need besides that.

I also refer to Sam Smith, KC Johnson, Brian Hanley, Terry Boers, maybe its because I been in college too long and I like to cite the opinions of others who are more credible because of the expertise and experience. Yet some of you have a problem with them. Because they don't agree with you. Tom Waddle feels the same way I do, didn't know that until a few weeks ago. Norm Van Lier felt the same concerning the defensive problems that I see. Charles Barkley after the playoffs was over said Gordon would be better coming off the bench. What's weak is to believe what others write and join in without thinking for yourself.

But at the end of the day, what I like to use is the great Vin Scully's words about statistics, one of the great quotes ever...