Your Reactions if BG signs with Detroit for $9mil?

J-Mart

Liked Posts:
Re:Your Reactions if BG signs with Detroit for $9m

Believe it or not former NBA players and the media are not always the best talent evaluators. Neither are a lot of coaches, GMs, owners or fans either. Its all an opinion and well I think its better to refer to your own than to jump on board with someone elses just because they are "experts" or "paid to do it."

You say you form your own opinions by watching the game and thats fine. I can see why people don't like Gordon and there are legitimate arguments against him. Funny thing is I rarely hear people actually dispute the real arguments against him. The problem I have with it is a lot of the Ben Gordon haters just repeat what they hear on the radio and in the papers and do not even watch 10% percent of the games themselves to form their own opinion.

As for me I watch almost every game and have formed my own opinions on each player and I don't care what the "experts" have to say cause I've been watching basketball long enough to be able to make a somewhat educated opinion on players. I don't think BG is the be all end all. To me he is the perfect third option for a championship team and that is why I want to keep him around. And has he has shown, he can be a first or second option on a lower seeded playoff team.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

If someone can use stats, I can use others observations as well as stats. People ask me where I get my opinions from, I say that I watch the games. That is not good enough because I don't agree with them.

You don't think a lot of Gordon lovers don't repeat what each other say? I have dealt with it! I read the same stuff daily. I never heard anyone say many of the things that I say. I believe that people who dismiss what I say as radio talk are upset because they look stupid with some of their arguments.

I know one thing, I am a grown ass man, and I wouldn't say bs like "get'em Fred!!!" when someone disagrees with a point of view that I happen to share with a podcaster on this forum. If that is not ass kissing, I don't know what is. Again, I am a grown ass man so I don't have to sic anybody on anybody else to fight my battles. I just use others observations when they are people I respect.

If you think I need a hallelujah chorus to affirm my opinions, you are kidding yourself. I know what good defense looks like, which is why I noticed that BG needs a flashlight on that end of the floor. KC Johnson was used as a reference because you guys love him, and I think he is a very good beat writer, one of the best I have ever seen. Handley is a beat writer too. Though not as revered. Others like Stacey King are people who strike me as people who do know basketball. I doubt seriously if anyone on this site that can articulate and teach the game as well as Stacey King can when he is not in "homer mode". You know who's opinion I am very fond of? Steve Stone, I know no one else who is that knowledgeable of the game, yet when working with Hawk Harrelson, he asks Hawk questions, that is what I do.

I applaud those on these forums who actively question KC Johnson or Sam Smith questions or for their opinions. Again, maybe it is because of too much schooling. But people win the White House by comparing themselves ideologically to other individuals who are well thought of. Me comparing my opinions to Scottie Pippen (who I didn't know agreed with me, but found it refreshing that he did) lends credibility to me. I value his opinion over anybody on this forum. Sorry, that is the way it is. I enjoy Doug's podcasts, but I value the opinion of Terry Boers more, because he has followed the NBA for about 40 years!!! Yet I disagree with him a lot! Including their recent berating of James Johnson. I happen to agree with Doug on that, maybe not as enthusiastically but I hope he is right about James Johnson, as I was about Brandon Roy, who I wanted the Bulls to pick a few years back, why? Because the backcourt needed size and better defense at SG, and that is what I felt at the time. Why would I change my opinions now? BG is the same damn player and the same size. Sorry, but I consider some of you weak because you have recycled opinions at times on here.

That is all that it is. And some of you who think Gordon is the 4th best SG in the league, a better scorer than Carmelo, or other highly questionable opinions that seem to come as a result of heavy intoxication, should get a credible opinion to back up some of that stuff that you say. "Gordon is okay defensively" is an asinine statement. My point is KC Johnson and Sam Smith, whose works are cited on here often, say differently. I have a friend who is Republican who regurgitates everything he hears on right wing radio, I notice it a lot, he has no original opinions, nice guy, no original opinions. That is not me. And I consider it very weak and a cop out to say that about my opinions because they are credible opinions.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:
If the Bulls don't sign Ben, it will be because of the price someone else put on him. I doubt 9mil is the price. But if he signs elsewhere, dont hate the player (Reinsdorf) hate the game...I would go eat a damn ham sandwich and watch television...its nothing. If they lose him, its because they already have his replacement.

NO IT WON"T. BG AGREED TO TAKE OUR OFFER. JR WOULD NOT GIVE HIM THE DEAL AFTER HIS DEADLINE AND DIDN"T LET HIM SIGN IT. IF WE LOSE BG OR PAY HIM MORE THAN 6/54 IT WILL BE ONLY JR'S FAULT. AND WE DON"T HAVE A CLUTCH 20PPG SCORER TO REPLACE HIM, STOP SPEADING THIS JUNK AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

Great, I feel like Fred now, all i have to do is call him a hinrich drone.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

ok, i will admit there are people who say ridiculous things about gordon. but on this board, there are very few.

the reason people get so worked up and overrate BG is because of the hate he always gets by the media.

you always discount statistics, but then you constantly use observations of the local media to back up your claims. yes, stats aren't everything, but neither is the local media. and you can't say stats aren't everything to EVERYTHING..

but i really love hearing other opinions, so i don't have any problems. just don't discount what we said and people won't discount what you say. we're both really hardcore bulls fans with opinions. just remember this.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

NO IT WON"T. BG AGREED TO TAKE OUR OFFER. JR WOULD NOT GIVE HIM THE DEAL AFTER HIS DEADLINE AND DIDN"T LET HIM SIGN IT. IF WE LOSE BG OR PAY HIM MORE THAN 6/54 IT WILL BE ONLY JR'S FAULT. AND WE DON"T HAVE A CLUTCH 20PPG SCORER TO REPLACE HIM, STOP SPEADING THIS JUNK AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

What facts, what about the 5yr/50mil deal they put on the table the year before? He turned that down and got called out by other NBA players. If there was a deadline set, Gordon should have honored the damn deadline, that is what deadlines are for...

And your writing in all caps doesn't hide the fact that you just wrote a bunch of b.s.

You are crying over the 20ppg clutch scorer, I am not crying over the 20ppg clutch scorer who makes dumb ass mistakes and cannot keep a guard in front of him defensively to save his life. Matter of opinion.

I feel like Terry Boers, all i have to do is call you a basketball Special person.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:

What facts, what about the 5yr/50mil deal they put on the table the year before? He turned that down and got called out by other NBA players. If there was a deadline set, Gordon should have honored the damn deadline, that is what deadlines are for...

And your writing in all caps doesn't hide the fact that you just wrote a bunch of b.s.

You are crying over the 20ppg clutch scorer, I am not crying over the 20ppg clutch scorer who makes dumb ass mistakes and cannot keep a guard in front of him defensively to save his life. Matter of opinion.

I feel like Terry Boers, all i have to do is call you a basketball Special person.
Well apparently you are the basketball Special person because we lost our best player from last year for nothing and he got more per year then we ever offered him. And he is not have as bad defensively as you make him out because the postion he played 2/3 of all of our minutes at had the lowest per on the team.