You're the GM -- CCS Mock Draft (PICKS ONLY)

MrDerp

Liked Posts:
With the 40th pick the Minnesota Vikings select Timmy Jernigan DT Florida State.

To much talent to let go here and with Kevin Williams at the end of his road Jernigan will provide a stout pass rush and quality run support. An improved d-line will make the back end look much better. As bad as the offense was last year the defense was atrocious.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Buffalo Bills select Guard Cyril Richardson- Baylor

good pick, they need to fill that void left by Levitre

I still find it funny that they compared Levitre to Josh Beekman coming out in the draft

Dice34

Liked Posts:
The inevitable happens and the Titans release or trade Chris Johnson, as he declines to take less. This opens up cap room for the Titans to sign a FA Safety, a hole they would of tried to fill with their 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. But they used their 3rd round pick in a trade to secure WR- Justin Hunter last year.

After incredible value in the 1st round with the selection of Anthony Barr an edge rusher they needed, the titans get younger and cheaper on offense. Chris Johnson doesn't warrant the $8 million he would get this year, Jackie Battle won't be retained. So its only Shonn Greene and:

Titans Select : RB Ka'Deem Carey - Arizona
L169_CIFR42815849299a3df5a987b04b90eaca21.jpg

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
The inevitable happens and the Titans release or trade Chris Johnson, as he declines to take less. This opens up cap room for the Titans to sign a FA Safety, a hole they would of tried to fill with their 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. But they used their 3rd round pick in a trade to secure WR- Justin Hunter last year.

After incredible value in the 1st round with the selection of Anthony Barr an edge rusher they needed, the titans get younger and cheaper on offense. Chris Johnson doesn't warrant the $8 million he would get this year, Jackie Battle won't be retained. So its only Shonn Greene and:

Titans Select : RB Ka'Deem Carey - Arizona
L169_CIFR42815849299a3df5a987b04b90eaca21.jpg

sad to see RBs of that high of a caliber decline so quickly, such is the life of an NFL RB though

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Denver, after trading their next 3 picks to move up, has selected Shayne Skov - LB - Stanford.

ILB has been a weakness all season for Denver, and they now have one of the most coveted linebackers in the draft. Without needing a lot of new pieces to continue success next season, Denver opted to trade picks to move up and take some of the better players on their draft board.

The Detroit Lions (BearDown104) are now on the clock. (<---- Everyone should do that...AND PM...makes things simpler.)

Snorch

Liked Posts:
Denver, after trading their next 3 picks to move up, has selected Shayne Skov - LB - Stanford.

ILB has been a weakness all season for Denver, and they now have one of the most coveted linebackers in the draft. Without needing a lot of new pieces to continue success next season, Denver opted to trade picks to move up and take some of the better players on their draft board.

The Detroit Lions (BearDown104) are now on the clock. (<---- Everyone should do that...AND PM...makes things simpler.)
You don't think Denver might need to look at one of the QBs left

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the 45th pick in the 2014 CCS draft, the Detroit Lions select Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt.

I filled a gaping hole at CB in the first since Watkins was off the board. There's no way I can wait till later to get a true #2 WR for my team. When Megatron sat out this offense was abysmal. Matthews has great size/speed combo and makes tough hand catches in traffic and will go across middle. We've invested a lot of $ in Megatron, Stafford and Bush and this pick should help us utilize them better and help preserve their careers (especially Calvin).

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
After not being in position to get one of the top 2 or 3 WR in the first round, the 49ers moved up to this spot by trading a 2 and 3. Having missed with AJ Jenkins in2012 and trading him for another disappointment Jon Baldwin, they find their compliment to Michael "mediocre" Crabtree. Happily, the receiver we have been eyeing is still available. With the 46th pick in the draft the SF 49ers pick: Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU

6-0, 193 lbs.
Pros

HUGE (!) hands
A playmaker in every sense of the word
Killer route runner
Runs every route in the tree well
Speed to take off the top of the defense
Natural pass catcher
Decent blocker
Shows ability to beat man/press coverage and zone
Legitimate deep threat

[video=youtube;0jZbGUMevcI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jZbGUMevcI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dallas PM'ed

Peanut Punch

Liked Posts:
With the Cowboys on the clock at pick 47, they find a hard-hitting safety with good size. From Washington State, the Cowboys select: Safety, Deone Bucannon. The pick provides value at a position of need. I almost feel like I'm drafting for the Bears as it seems the Cowboys have very similar needs... Hope I didn't steal your guy, Sagbear! :bearbang:

Baltimore (Calabis) is now on the clock.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
After not being in position to get one of the top 2 or 3 WR in the first round, the 49ers moved up to this spot by trading a 2 and 3. Having missed with AJ Jenkins in2012 and trading him for another disappointment Jon Baldwin, they find their compliment to Michael "mediocre" Crabtree. Happily, the receiver we have been eyeing is still available. With the 46th pick in the draft the SF 49ers pick: Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU

6-0, 193 lbs.
Pros

HUGE (!) hands
A playmaker in every sense of the word
Killer route runner
Runs every route in the tree well
Speed to take off the top of the defense
Natural pass catcher
Decent blocker
Shows ability to beat man/press coverage and zone
Legitimate deep threat

[video=youtube;0jZbGUMevcI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jZbGUMevcI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I was torn between him and my pick!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With a hole on defense that needs to be filled and not knowing if he will be there later
the Ravens select Ed Reynolds FS Stanford

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1759757/ed-reynolds

[video=youtube;lyFc1S6kdtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyFc1S6kdtI[/video]

Jeez two Stanford players in the first two rounds....I'm like Lovie at Abilene-Christ.

Last edited:

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
with their second pick in the draft the new York jets select:

Troy Niklas- TE- Notre Dame

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
With the 51st pick in the draft the Chicago Bears select.... Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska .

With Tillman not being resigned we decided to go with a DB with incredible potential. At 6'2 215 and long arms he has the size we are looking for. Has very good man cover skills and surprisingly polished in press for someone new to the position. At the senior bowl he answered the biggest question showing impressive traits in off man with good hips, feet and good speed. Uncanny ability to read and react to break on the ball. We feel Stanley can help this team immediately and improve while he does it.

WILLIS1524 you have a PM and are now on the clock.