You're the GM -- CCS Mock Draft (PICKS ONLY)

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the 52nd pick in the draft, the Arizona Cardinals select.... Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn

With the 18th ranked player according to the big board falling all the way to the middle of the second round this is a great pick with great value. He will play the "Leo" role in Arizona's defense.

The Packers(Alterego) are now on the clock.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
With the 53rd pick in the 2014 Draft, the Green Bay Packers select - Yawin Smallwood, ILB Connecticut

Injuries to the LB position this year hurt the Packers. With LBers being pivotal in a 3-4 defense, Smallwood could take over for Brad Jones as the IRLB leaving them with a lineup of N Perry, AJ Hawk, Smallwood and Matthews.

Smallwood has great instincts and was all over the field for UConn this year, he was ranked 22nd in the nation in tackles. Smallwood also picked up 9.5 TFL and a team-high four sacks, adding an interception, nine pass breakups and a pair of forced fumbles to an all-around dominant season. Smallwood notched double-digit tackles in six games, including a career-high 16 vs. Towson, and at least seven in four others. He is a repeat member of the All-Conference First Team after being named to the All-BIG EAST First Team in 2012.

Iggles are on the clock, Hyatt151 you're up and PM sent.

Reactions: X

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the 54th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select: DaQuan Jones DT Penn State.

Having covered their CB need in the 1st round, the Eagles turn their attention to the D-Line. Eagles are ecstatic when one of the top DT'S falls in to their lap at 54!

Wakacha has been PMed.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
With the 55th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State University.

The Bengals most glaring need is at the cornerback position, and we may have gotten the steal of the 2nd round. He was a player we were looking at with our first round pick, and we were thrilled to still see him on the board at 55. He is one of the quickest defensive backs in the draft to go along with great ball skills and playmaking ability. He had a shaky junior season, in a scheme that reflected poorly upon him. Had he declared as a redshirt sophomore, he would have been a 1st-round lock, so getting him here is a dream come true.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Was thinking last night that it was going to be a tough call between the boom/bust choice of Roby or the guy that just continues to catch your eye how ever hard you want to discount him because of size( Tim Jennings 2.0 ). Well the Bengals made my choice for me. With the 56th pick, the San Francisco 49ers select: Lamarcus Joyner, CB, FSU.

NFL scouts will be hard-pressed to find a better inch-for-inch defender in the country than the hard-hitting 5-foot-8 Joyner, who produces big plays with his physical tackling and ability to time blitzes and penetrate the backfield.

The instinctive defender played in 2010, posting 23 tackles, two passes broken up and an interception as a true freshman.

Joyner proved to be one of the nation's top overall defensive backs in 2013, earning first-team All-ACC honors from the coaches and media and was selected as a First Team Walter Camp All-American.

The versatile defensive back has bounced between safety and cornerback most of his career, but played mostly a cornerback role as a senior, seeing a lot of action as a nickel back covering the slot receiver.

Defensive backs coaches in the NFL will appreciate Joyner's versatility, as he's logged action against legitimate competition while lining up outside, inside and deep.

Analysis
STRENGTHS: Despite his smaller frame, Joyner plays like he's 6-2 and 225 pounds, hitting like a truck in run support. He has bounced between safety and cornerback, showing NFL scouts his versatility to help out anywhere in the secondary.

Aggressive striker who only knows how to play full-speed, showing excellent timing to make plays on the ball. Plays fast with natural acceleration to go from 0 to 60 in a flash, displaying impressive closing burst. Possesses the build of a running back and loves to deliver punishing hits with his violent playing style. He also adds value as a kick returner and looks natural as a ballcarrier.

Excellent awareness and instincts with quick diagnosis skills as well as the balance, agility and speed to handle coverage duties.

PM semt

Last edited:

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
With the 57th pick in the NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers select Michael Sam OLB - Missouri.

This guy is an effective pass rusher sacking the QB 11.5 times last year. He's an all-american who also won the SEC Defensive player of the year. San Diego really needed to improve their pass rush this offseason, and Michael Sam will help them do just that.

Strengths: Great burst at the snap. Quick around the edges. Great instinct for pressuring the QB.

Weaknesses: Not big enough to be a hand in the ground d-lineman. Hasn't played much 3-4 OLB, so he would be a prospect there. Untested in that role.

My opinion: I love this kid. If the bears switch to a 3-4 I think he would be a great addition. This kid can really pressure the QB and get into the backfield.

X you're up!

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Was thinking last night that it was going to be a tough call between the boom/bust choice of Roby or the guy that just continues to catch your eye how ever hard you want to discount him because of size( Tim Jennings 2.0 ). Well the Bengals made my choice for me. With the 56th pick, the San Francisco 49ers select: Lamarcus Joyner, CB, FSU.

NFL scouts will be hard-pressed to find a better inch-for-inch defender in the country than the hard-hitting 5-foot-8 Joyner, who produces big plays with his physical tackling and ability to time blitzes and penetrate the backfield.

The instinctive defender played in 2010, posting 23 tackles, two passes broken up and an interception as a true freshman.

Joyner proved to be one of the nation's top overall defensive backs in 2013, earning first-team All-ACC honors from the coaches and media and was selected as a First Team Walter Camp All-American.

The versatile defensive back has bounced between safety and cornerback most of his career, but played mostly a cornerback role as a senior, seeing a lot of action as a nickel back covering the slot receiver.

Defensive backs coaches in the NFL will appreciate Joyner's versatility, as he's logged action against legitimate competition while lining up outside, inside and deep.

Analysis
STRENGTHS: Despite his smaller frame, Joyner plays like he's 6-2 and 225 pounds, hitting like a truck in run support. He has bounced between safety and cornerback, showing NFL scouts his versatility to help out anywhere in the secondary.

Aggressive striker who only knows how to play full-speed, showing excellent timing to make plays on the ball. Plays fast with natural acceleration to go from 0 to 60 in a flash, displaying impressive closing burst. Possesses the build of a running back and loves to deliver punishing hits with his violent playing style. He also adds value as a kick returner and looks natural as a ballcarrier.

Excellent awareness and instincts with quick diagnosis skills as well as the balance, agility and speed to handle coverage duties.

PM semt

Good pick Honey badger light. And the run on corners begins.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good pick Honey badger light. And the run on corners begins.

6 corners have already gone off the board in less than 60 picks, unless there's an incredible amount of ridiculous reaches, I don't see it.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
6 corners have already gone off the board in less than 60 picks, unless there's an incredible amount of ridiculous reaches, I don't see it.

It's a pass first league, and with 2-3 first round picks at CB this is very possible. I forgot what GM said it on nfl network but they said you can never have to many lineman and CBs

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a pass first league, and with 2-3 first round picks at CB this is very possible. I forgot what GM said it on nfl network but they said you can never have to many lineman and CBs

I agree, but I just don't see another 6 CB'S that warrant 3rd round grades that would warrant a run on the position.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well - the fact that I'M late is embarrassing. In the future, if this happens, you all are welcome to skip me.

With the 58th pick in the 2014 CCS NFL Mock Draft of Champions for Winners and Elitists (CCSNFLMDCWE), the Saints have selected Will Sutton - DT - Arizona State.

The Saints have several picks coming up, and several players that they're VERY high on still left on the board. They feel they get the best value with Will Sutton, as he can potentially play from Day 1.

Indianapolis (also me) is now on the clock.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With the 59th pick in the 2014 CCSNFLMDCWE, the Indianapolis Colts have selected Brandon Cooks - WR - Oregon State

Despite being one of the smaller WRs in the draft, Cooks grades highly in most every aspect. Several teams have a first round grade on him, and with the injury to Reggie Wayne last season, the Colts offense stalled. A WR like Cooks gives Andrew Luck another piece to build around.

The Baltimore Ravens (Calabis) is now on the clock.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the 60th Pick in the draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Jarvis Landry(WR) LSU....with Smith being able to stretch the field, I believe this guy will be the perfect compliment. Although his teammate may receive more praise, I think this guy will be a better pro(Beckham caught 59 passes for 1,152 yards and eight touchdowns this season, while Landry finished with 77 receptions for 1,193 yards and 10 touchdowns for the 11-2 Tigers.). He was the guy I targeted for the Ravens when I traded down. I just see a guy that will go up and get the ball in traffic.....I know its a highlight video, but you can see some of those catches I'm referring too. Flacco needs a target to move the chains and I think this could be the guy on the outside, who can do that.

[video=youtube;wYU5cM27-BI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYU5cM27-BI[/video]

NFLDraftScout.com analyst Dane Brugler views Landry as the better pro prospect as a receiver, writing, "Landry has big, soft hands and with fluid body control and coordination to make it look easy plucking the ball out the air."

"He is tough and brave in tight coverage and routinely shows the ability to win in contested situations. While Beckham is probably more of a home-run threat, Landry is the better pro prospect because of his large, reliable hands and natural build and athleticism to do something with the catch."

round 1: David Yankey G
round 2: Ed Reynolds FS
round 2: Jarvis Landry WR

P.S.: Message sent to DABEARS253313

Last edited:

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
With the 61st pick in the draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select: Jack Mewhort, offensive tackle from Ohio State.

After using their first round pick on a defensive tackle, the Steelers draft the highest ranked available lineman in hopes to boost their struggling offensive line. They could have went with a cornerback or safety but at least they still have Troy Polamalu (not in his prime but still good) to anchor the defensive backfield. The Steelers also have young players like Maurkice Pouncy and David DeCastro for the middle of the offensive line.

Mewhort will at least compete for the starting job at right tackle.

Message sent to Lance Stone

Snorch

Liked Posts:
With the 61st pick in the draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select: Jack Mewhort, offensive tackle from Ohio State.

After using their first round pick on a defensive tackle, the Steelers draft the highest ranked available lineman in hopes to boost their struggling offensive line. They could have went with a cornerback or safety but at least they still have Troy Polamalu (not in his prime but still good) to anchor the defensive backfield. The Steelers also have young players like Maurkice Pouncy and David DeCastro for the middle of the offensive line.

Mewhort will at least compete for the starting job at right tackle.

Message sent to Lance Stone

Nice pick

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Patriots select: Anthony Johnson DT - Louisiana State

Good pick, but make sure you're PMing the next person in line, even if it's me :eek:

The New Orleans Saints select: Marcus Roberson - CB - Florida

The Saints are going heavy on the defensive side of the ball early and often in this draft -- despite trading down twice. Will Sutton was a great grab a few picks ago, and the Saints have now taken the highest rated CB available on their board (and their 4th highest rated CB overall).

The Saints appear to be going all-in with DC Rob Ryan, who turned around a bad defense from two years ago into a top 5 defense last season.

Snorch

Liked Posts:
Seahawks go with a DLman that can play any spot on the line and take USC DT Kelcy Quarles

Houston has been PMd

Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seahawks go with a DLman that can play any spot on the line and take USC DT Kelcy Quarles

Thanks - was trying to go back to find who owned the Seahawks :eek: