Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Although they should evaluate him just like they did with emery, he is safe.

Bear fans are underestimating the emotionality of the Kingster. He doesn't know how to win, but wants to badly. His pride is insulted, and Ryan "Snails" Pace is the architect of the insult. It is entirely possible that the Pacester's seat is combustible . . . 14-and-33'll do that . . .

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Although they should evaluate him just like they did with emery, he is safe.

I think they give him 2 years with his own coach. If next year is a disaster, he should go. If year 2 doesn't include a playoff trip, then he should go.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a guy I personally trust, but no doubt he is connected to the organization. Plus my distrust of him has to do with his association with the bears organization, which would seem to indicate he would be less likely to say (or in this case openly wonder) something like that without being sourced.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t believe this for a second until Erik Lambert confirms it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He's safe

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Hope he is thrown out of Halas Hall by the Street right next to the your boy Roy memorial

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If we dump GM & HC again after saddling them with the QB the last GM stuck them with we will be out Browning the Browns (not including the questions on whether Pace was stuck with this HC).
Pace may not be an A student but he's also not an F student.
If we start canning everyone all the time we will have a worse reputation to get anyone to accept a job offer than we already have.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I like the idea of consistency in professional sports. Unless your guy is clearly just terrible at his job (ie, Trestman), then try to stick with him for at least 5 years. Rocking the boat and starting anew every year is a recipe for disaster.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we dump GM & HC again after saddling them with the QB the last GM stuck them with we will be out Browning the Browns (not including the questions on whether Pace was stuck with this HC).
Pace may not be an A student but he's also not an F student.
If we start canning everyone all the time we will have a worse reputation to get anyone to accept a job offer than we already have.

Perhaps. But, as the shoopster said, don't underestimate the emotionality of the "King" George. I personally was surprised he pulled the trigger so quickly on Phil Emery, as Emery was really not much more of a fiasco then Pace has been (both presided over several embarrassing seasons, both hired awful Head Coaches, both had big free agent misses, and both were inconsistent in their drafts, though it could be reasonably argued that Pace has been SLIGHTLY better). Even if Ginny isn't "pissed," the Kingster might be . . .

. . . With reports out there that "Sweaty" Teddy has started Bear homework on available Head Coach candidates, and Bear fans up in arms that the Sweatster will again be involved and perhaps dictating hires to the GM, what appears to be getting overlooked is the possibility that Phillips is doing what he's doing because the Kingster has decided Pace won't be here to do it himself.

Far fetched, perhaps, but 14-and-33 opens up all sorts of possibilities . . .

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I like the idea of consistency in professional sports. Unless your guy is clearly just terrible at his job (ie, Trestman), then try to stick with him for at least 5 years. Rocking the boat and starting anew every year is a recipe for disaster.

Let’s say you are ceo of xyz company. One of your employees let’s say his name is Ryan hires someone for 18 million dollars to manage your warehouse despite failing to do it before and for his type talent the industry usually pays a couple million. Do you keep Ryan even though he cost you 16 mil in additional expenses for no reason?

billwade

Liked Posts:
. . . With reports out there that "Sweaty" Teddy has started Bear homework on available Head Coach candidates, and Bear fans up in arms that the Sweatster will again be involved and perhaps dictating hires to the GM, what appears to be getting overlooked is the possibility that Phillips is doing what he's doing because the Kingster has decided Pace won't be here to do it himself.

Far fetched, perhaps, but 14-and-33 opens up all sorts of possibilities . . .

Hmmmm...My initial reaction was that the sweatster was getting out in front of the HC speculation by reminding everyone (yet again) that he remained firmly in charge of football operations. But the shoopster raises an intriguing possibility.

If the King and Snails were that chummy, shouldn't it be Pace at the forefront of the HC search? I mean, the GM for an NFL franchise has a staff of people under him to do the mundane stuff, right? Is there any more important role for the GM than to choose the HC? And yet, here's the beady-eyed accountant making the phone calls and sifting through names...