“THAT” is too much for Watson...

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only question I have is whether Watson is worth giving up Roquan and Nichols or Roquan and JJ, because it'll take that plus the picks.

I'm less concerned about 1st round picks due to having Pace, but not so sure about Roquan leaving.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You give up 3 1st rd picks any and 2 fn defensive players they want

No you tell them one of the defensive players has to be one of our big contract guys.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
So it sounds like the decision is unanimous. We are gonna make that shit happen and when we have 5 straight SB appearances this place will forever remember this moment of absolute unity.

I was gone for a while, but now we are smashing shit.

Hope we get Watson guys, the celebration will feel like a SB victory.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it's funny how on CCS people just unilaterally set the cost of acquiring a player. One beat writer throws out a trade package and we all take it as fact. The fact is, nobody has any clue what it will cost to acquire Watson besides the people having the actual conversations and the people in power who can execute the trade.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
The only thing that worries me about D.Watson is that he's already had ACL injuries on both knees.

Agreed there and he tends to take more hits than you would like but one of those was a straight up fluke.
Brady had one of them also.

The part that is baffling to me is people against trading Roquan and JJ, yet both have had numerous injuries. Roquan more fluky but JJ seems to have a consistent red flag.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I think it's funny how on CCS people just unilaterally set the cost of acquiring a player. One beat writer throws out a trade package and we all take it as fact. The fact is, nobody has any clue what it will cost to acquire Watson besides the people having the actual conversations and the people in power who can execute the trade.

I would give them more but don’t tell them that.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agreed there and he tends to take more hits than you would like but one of those was a straight up fluke.

The part that is baffling to me is people against trading Roquan and JJ, yet both have had numerous injuries. Roquan more fluky but JJ seems to have a consistent red flag.
Agreed on JJ. He's a promising young player, but his shoulder injury seems problematic for his career. IIRC, that is why he slipped out of the first.

I'd hate losing Roquan. He is an animal and I think he is only going to continue to get better. But, at the expense of getting an actual franchise QB, I could get over it pretty quickly.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Agreed on JJ. He's a promising young player, but his shoulder injury seems problematic for his career. IIRC, that is why he slipped out of the first.

I'd hate losing Roquan. He is an animal and I think he is only going to continue to get better. But, at the expense of getting an actual franchise QB, I could get over it pretty quickly.

Agreed. He was absolutely snubbed this year. #AllPro

Liked Posts:
People are just speculating, there’s very little to get excited about as a bears fan, so the .0001% chance the bears have at acquiring this guy is fun to dream about.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

This guy is talking about offering a monster package for Watson in this article.

2021--1st and 2nd
2022--1st and 2nd
2023--1st and 3rd
Roquan Smith.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Man - I'm all for a stable QB for the Franchise. But we whiffed on Watson (PACE). Asshole.

Why can't we just draft and groom a QB for our team for decades to come?

I'm not set on mortgaging our future draft picks for a QB who is quitting on his current team. I guess I'm old school. Plus, how will that look with Piece of shit Pace.

BTW I wanted Watson in 2017.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Man - I'm all for a stable QB for the Franchise. But we whiffed on Watson (PACE). Asshole.

Why can't we just draft and groom a QB for our team for decades to come?

I'm not set on mortgaging our future draft picks for a QB who is quitting on his current team. I guess I'm old school. Plus, how will that look with Piece of shit Pace.

BTW I wanted Watson in 2017.

Don't know if you've noticed but it's just a little hard to find a QB in the draft to be able to groom for NFL success. Many have tried and failed and much more fails than passed.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Dude he just played his ass off for a team with terrible ownership/front office and the team in shambles. That’s not quitting on a team it’s quitting on an owner who is clueless.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Can’t believe this is still going on.

Yes, if you trade picks for “proven” talent, you don’t run as much risk. But you also lose young and cheap talent you need to have a competitive team under the cap.

Proven vets cost a TON more that rookies for a reason. But to stay under the cap, you need a solid mix of those proven players, young players playing well on rookie contracts, and “gap filler”’older vets who come cheap. You can’t just trade all your picks away and have it work. It’s literally impossible.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is the difference between 8-9 with a “go awful quarterback” and 5-12 with a future hall of famer?
The only reason I don’t want to trade away next years # 1 is because it will probably be a high draft pick and something that we could use to up grade a o lineman or defense.
Yet Mahomes will start the SB without both starting Ts against a great D.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude he just played his ass off for a team with terrible ownership/front office and the team in shambles. That’s not quitting on a team it’s quitting on an owner who is clueless.
Damn good thing that Bears ownership isn't clueless....

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
There also is a difference between starting tackles, and good tackles. Lol.

If it's wasting 2 years, sure. Sounds great. But not having our top 3 picks for 3 years sounds like an absolute trainwreck. For an already trainwreck of a team.

I'd still do it. I'm just sayin'... hold onto your butts.
Not only that Watson got just done from going to one rebuild just to play for another rebuild?? There could be a rumor that Watson isn't happy with the bears organization and now you traded away all your draft capital for a guy who isn't happy with your organization anymore.