🏈🏈🏈OFFIFAIL🏈🏈🏈 2024 SEASON ALL AROUND THE NFL IGT (WEEK SEVEN)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Surprised they didnt go after a lot of players in FA, they still have a lot of cap room. You'd figure theyd try to get a buncha guys on short deals to maximize potential of the current roster.
If there was a year to go “all-in,” this was the year. The NFC is clearly inferior to the AFC and is wide open. Dallas can’t be taken seriously until Dak can show that he can win big games. Niners are just slightly better than the Lions.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there was a year to go “all-in,” this was the year. The NFC is clearly inferior to the AFC and is wide open. Dallas can’t be taken seriously until Dak can show that he can win big games. Niners are just slightly better than the Lions.
Lions take care of their own, San Fran's credit card bills start to come due next year. Lions window will be open for several years, and it is better to take multiple swings at it than to just try to make one big swing.

Lions will have to pay Hutch and McNeil soon, and they have the money to do it. Only real aging Vets on their roster they will need to replace anytime soon are maybe Ragnow and Decker. Even those guys are signed through 2026, there only concern might be retirements.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lions take care of their own, San Fran's credit card bills start to come due next year. Lions window will be open for several years, and it is better to take multiple swings at it than to just try to make one big swing.

Lions will have to pay Hutch and McNeil soon, and they have the money to do it. Only real aging Vets on their roster they will need to replace anytime soon are maybe Ragnow and Decker. Even those guys are signed through 2026, there only concern might be retirements.
If SF wants to pay all their players, they can. It's always funny when people act like the cap can't be highly manipulated.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The cap is a credit card, you can for a time pay one credit card with another, but eventually it does catch up with you.

Yeah I mean reading that list of players is not exactly a damning list indicating decline. The cornerbacks could be a problem depending on who they have at depth. Also, theres a RB on that list not names mccafrey and they just had a back up explode. Why is elijah mitchell on this list?

They also drafted a CB in round 2, OL round 3, S round 4... they are planning for this and while they might have a set back the key players are there unless trent retires or something.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah I mean reading that list of players is not exactly a damning list indicating decline. The cornerbacks could be a problem depending on who they have at depth. Also, theres a RB on that list not names mccafrey and they just had a back up explode. Why is elijah mitchell on this list?

They also drafted a CB in round 2, OL round 3, S round 4... they are planning for this and while they might have a set back the key players are there unless trent retires or something.
Lynch has his fuckups but you can’t argue with 2 SB appearances and 2 more NFCCG appearances. SF will be fine for a few years.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Trent Williams is 36 years old, McCaffrey is playing less and less each year as he ages due to injury. Purdy will be up for a contract as well. Deebo will be turning 30 during next years season and will count 28+ mil against the cap.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The cap is a credit card, you can for a time pay one credit card with another, but eventually it does catch up with you.

It only comes due when the owner doesn't think it's worth paying the money anymore. The saints were supposedly in cap hell for like 20 seasons. Rams did the same strategy. Teams can work around the cap if the owners are willing to pay, plain and simple. The cap is honestly just an excuse for billionaires to pretend they don't have the money to pay players.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Trent Williams is 36 years old, McCaffrey is playing less and less each year as he ages due to injury. Purdy will be up for a contract as well. Deebo will be turning 30 during next years season and will count 28+ mil against the cap.
I don't disagree with any this, but it has absolutely nothing to do with your original point about the salary cap and the 'credit card' analogy you gave. The point you just made has 0 to do with the link you shared and the players they might not be able to re-sign due to being at the salary cap. Your link cited a RB they might lose, as if that will have any bearing at all on the 49ers. They have been able to plug and play several backs with great success. They also let mcglinchey walk and they haven't missed a beat. Now they might not be able to re-sign a single guard, and I'm expected to believe they won't be able to have success because of it?

I gave an example of how that could impact them at the CB position, and you respond with age of players?

I have no desire to discuss anything with you besides the salary cap issue point you made. Please try to stay on the topic if you wish to reply.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with any this, but it has absolutely nothing to do with your original point about the salary cap and the 'credit card' analogy you gave. The point you just made has 0 to do with the link you shared and the players they might not be able to re-sign due to being at the salary cap. Your link cited a RB they might lose, as if that will have any bearing at all on the 49ers. They have been able to plug and play several backs with great success. They also let mcglinchey walk and they haven't missed a beat. Now they might not be able to re-sign a single guard, and I'm expected to believe they won't be able to have success because of it?

I gave an example of how that could impact them at the CB position, and you respond with age of players?

I have no desire to discuss anything with you besides the salary cap issue point you made. Please try to stay on the topic if you wish to reply.
I am staying on topic, sorry if you can't follow along. The bigger picture is the 49's Super Bowl "window" of which salary cap is part, aging players another part.

Now, I will get my crayons and draw you a picture. In ADDITION too the players in that article, they also might face the task of starting to replace the aging players I mentioned. Add that to the fact they are currently at 37 million over the cap next year, and that is before extending Purdy. You can only restructure and kick the can down the road so many times.

And I am laughing my ass off at the fact you think they can replace McCaffery with just anybody,

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lynch has his fuckups but you can’t argue with 2 SB appearances and 2 more NFCCG appearances. SF will be fine for a few years.
I digress, how can it be that the Lions have a Super Bowl window, and not the 49's?
Does San Fran have some magic fairy dust that other teams don't have?
Or are these nay-sayers just clueless fucks?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Either way, he’s set for life. Seems like a no brainer (no pun intended), to retire and have the best quality of life that you can long term.
players who suffer serious CTE are never guaranteed quality of life long term, Dave Duerson is proof of that

BBBF

Liked Posts:
MFer... Did not realize it was a night game!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Now, I will get my crayons and draw you a picture. In ADDITION too the players in that article, they also might face the task of starting to replace the aging players I mentioned.

When you’re trying to be an arrogant, condescending prick while insulting someone else’s intelligence, you probably don’t lead with the statement above.

I’ll let you read it and maybe you can figure it out. The rest of us can chuckle.

I might get out my crayons later and highlight it for you if you’re stuck.