🏈🏈🏈OFFIFAIL🏈🏈🏈 2024 SEASON ALL AROUND THE NFL IGT (WEEK SEVEN)

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
The NFL honestly shouldn't allow him to come back. They cant tout player safety and let the guy play who scrambles his brains every other week.
Agree, there should be rule, after so many verified concussions the player cannot by member of any NFL roster..

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Ben Watson has always been really smart and well spoken.

Feel bad for Tua, not for Miami. Teams just get caught paying QBs who they shouldn't pay all the time, because GMs are extremely risk averse. Got a guy who can get you to the playoffs most years but probably never past that? Job security for me.

Also, the change is subtle but TDs are down across the league the last couple years, around 10% down from the average of the last 15 years or so and more than that compared to 2018-22. Not sure what is happening, poorer play from fewer practices, rules enforcement, but the last couple years offenses are having more trouble across the league, which is a break from the long term trend.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Dolphins should have never paid Tua. Extensive injury history and hasn't been able to prove that he can beat top teams. They're gonna regret that deal in about a year.
For his own health he should not be stepping back onto the field.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The NFL honestly shouldn't allow him to come back. They cant tout player safety and let the guy play who scrambles his brains every other week.

Sure they can. It’s the NFL…they do whatever the hell they wanna do.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The NFL can't void his contract or force Miami to pay him for not playing. I doubt the rest of the owners are going to foot the bill, although it probably is in their long term interest.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The NFL can't void his contract or force Miami to pay him for not playing. I doubt the rest of the owners are going to foot the bill, although it probably is in their long term interest.
Wouldn’t he still get his GTD money even if he doesn’t play?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
His guaranteed money has to be protected for injury. I would expect he’d be covered for the rest of this season too.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I found this:

“How Much Would Dolphins Owe if Tua Tagovailoa Retires?​

Tagovailoa, who just signed a four-year, $212.4 million deal this offseason, is under contract until after the 2028 season. He received over $132 million fully guaranteed, and with injury guarantees, has a package of about $167 million across the deal. His signing bonus of $42 million has already been paid out.

Should Tagovailoa retire after suffering this latest concussion, the Dolphins could opt to honor the entirety of his $212.4 million contract like the Colts did with Andrew Luck.

They could also give him the minimum total without going after any of the signing bonus. Counting his $42 million signing bonus, Miami would pay a total of $167 million since it would be injury-related. That's $125 million in new money owed.

If it's not ruled as injury-related, Miami would owe Tagovailoa about $90 million on top of the $42 million already paid out. “

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Either way, he’s set for life. Seems like a no brainer (no pun intended), to retire and have the best quality of life that you can long term.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dolphins should have never paid Tua. Extensive injury history and hasn't been able to prove that he can beat top teams. They're gonna regret that deal in about a year.
You're right, but man... tough to let go of a starting QB. I'd hate to have to make that decision. Honestly, Tua should've been slip and sliding for the past 2 years to make sure he never does something like what he did last night.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Either way, he’s set for life. Seems like a no brainer (no pun intended), to retire and have the best quality of life that you can long term.
Several times he’s awkwardly put himself in harms way. Plus, he seems to be highly susceptible to concussions. He’s going to have to give retirement serious consideration.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I found this:

“How Much Would Dolphins Owe if Tua Tagovailoa Retires?​

Tagovailoa, who just signed a four-year, $212.4 million deal this offseason, is under contract until after the 2028 season. He received over $132 million fully guaranteed, and with injury guarantees, has a package of about $167 million across the deal. His signing bonus of $42 million has already been paid out.

Should Tagovailoa retire after suffering this latest concussion, the Dolphins could opt to honor the entirety of his $212.4 million contract like the Colts did with Andrew Luck.

They could also give him the minimum total without going after any of the signing bonus. Counting his $42 million signing bonus, Miami would pay a total of $167 million since it would be injury-related. That's $125 million in new money owed.

If it's not ruled as injury-related, Miami would owe Tagovailoa about $90 million on top of the $42 million already paid out. “

What are the cap implications in either scenario?

1) He is medically ruled unfit to play ever again
2) He is cleared medically, yet chooses to retire citing health concerns.

Should special exceptions be implemented that allowed Miami to pay Tua his entire Salary should he choose to retire, yet not totally destroy Miami's cap for the next two years?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What are the cap implications in either scenario?

1) He is medically ruled unfit to play ever again
2) He is cleared medically, yet chooses to retire citing health concerns.

Should special exceptions be implemented that allowed Miami to pay Tua his entire Salary should he choose to retire, yet not totally destroy Miami's cap for the next two years?
I have no idea. I can’t think of anything that has happened in the NFL that we can look at as a case study. There are some guys on this board that know the cap intricacies pretty well. Maybe one of them can weigh in here.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Several times he’s awkwardly put himself in harms way. Plus, he seems to be highly susceptible to concussions. He’s going to have to give retirement serious consideration.
Yeah and the more concussions you have, the easier it is to get them in the future. I get that it’s tough to walk away from the game you love, but you only get one brain/life. Have to take care of it the best you can. It’s like a chronic drinker whose doctor tells him he’s on his way to liver disease and if he keeps drinking, he’ll be in serious trouble. The solution is you quit drinking. For Tua , the solution is you stop taking hits from the biggest and most athletic people on the planet.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ben Watson has always been really smart and well spoken.

Feel bad for Tua, not for Miami. Teams just get caught paying QBs who they shouldn't pay all the time, because GMs are extremely risk averse. Got a guy who can get you to the playoffs most years but probably never past that? Job security for me.

Also, the change is subtle but TDs are down across the league the last couple years, around 10% down from the average of the last 15 years or so and more than that compared to 2018-22. Not sure what is happening, poorer play from fewer practices, rules enforcement, but the last couple years offenses are having more trouble across the league, which is a break from the long term trend.
last night during the game, one of the announcers touched on this a bit

his theory was that most teams are playing 2 deep safeties now and forcing teams to dink and dunk their way down the field. Most QB's cant sustain drives that are 10+ plays or anything, and so we are seeing a drop in scoring. those longer possessions to score(when they do score) leads to fewer possessions per game and thus, less points per game too