1 year in - Who is Mitchell Trubisky Comparasion?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think of the other young QBs in the league I think he an Mariota have a lot of similarities.

Both are above average athletes that have good accuracy and can throw on the move. Both have technical flaws that need to be worked out and are more comfortable in the gun.

Mariota is a better athlete and I think Mitch has a bigger arm, but I think their styles and issues are similar.

I can see that. I do think Trubs will become more accurate with a better feel for the passing game but it remains to be seen.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can see that. I do think Trubs will become more accurate with a better feel for the passing game but it remains to be seen.

His issues are mechanical, which should come with working with actual coaches and experience.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think there is some value in comparisons as it allows you to avoid some issues that similar guys have had. The Titans seem to be pushing Mariota away from what he does well. They do not run the RPOs or the quick passing game out of the shotgun that you would expect.

The Bears seem to be avoiding that and not fighting against Mitch's strengths.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If his best comparison turns out to be Tannehill, Pace needs to be tarred & feathered

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If his best comparison turns out to be Tannehill, Pace needs to be tarred & feathered

Yeah, Tannehill would be a disappointment. Injuries and coaching issues have contributed to his mediocrity, but it would still be a disappointment.

I think Trubisky has a little more flash than Tannehill. We saw it last season when plays broke down and he scrambles for 15 on 4th and 13 or hits Wright with a bullet after avoiding 2-3 rushers. I think a QB either panics when that happens or they do not. Tannehill is a panicer.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Tannehill would be a disappointment. Injuries and coaching issues have contributed to his mediocrity, but it would still be a disappointment.

I think Trubisky has a little more flash than Tannehill. We saw it last season when plays broke down and he scrambles for 15 on 4th and 13 or hits Wright with a bullet after avoiding 2-3 rushers. I think a QB either panics when that happens or they do not. Tannehill is a panicer.

Trubisky has more focus and commitment than Tanny, Cutty and many others listed. He also seems very confident in his abilities and preparation...Trubs is many things. Meltdowns I do not worry too much.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

He a better playmaker than Tannehill IMO and has better arm strength.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We should spend more time on pointless comparisons.

Tom Brady = 8 letters

Trubisky = 8 letters

Therefore, we have 5 Super Bowls coming our way.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We should spend more time on pointless comparisons.

Tom Brady = 8 letters

Trubisky = 8 letters

Therefore, we have 5 Super Bowls coming our way.

The math checks out.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
FACT: Trubisky is right handed.

FACT: Terry Bradshaw is right handed

CONCLUSION: We are winning the Super Bowl

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Trubisky ends in Y ... So does Brady ... End of story...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has more focus and commitment than Tanny, Cutty and many others listed. He also seems very confident in his abilities and preparation...Trubs is many things. Meltdowns I do not worry too much.

No I don't either. I think having the right kind of head for the game is one of his strengths.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If MT is only a bit better than Tannehill I will be very disappointed and very surprised. I expect him to be much better. MT’s situation is also better. A new coach and offense that will be built around MT’s strengths is a huge advantage. He also has an established running game, new legit talent receivers, and a ~top 10 defense. I am not saying multiple Pro Bowls but Tannehill numbers? Really?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish