1 year in - Who is Mitchell Trubisky Comparasion?

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Huh??? Russel Wilson?? Confident and student of the game??? How would you know anything about their study or game plan habits. I did get the AR and Smith comparison wrong that was a different poster. But dude c'mon. Where are you getting these evaluations. If he was that good we would have had more production last year from him. He CLEARLY was not ready for the jump. And unless you have some access to the practice that no one else has I don't or can't understand how he could be compared to any successful QB. Like I said, its gong to take 5 or 6 games this year before we know what we have. All I have to go on is the games I saw last year. And last year he wasn't NFL ready

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Huh??? Russel Wilson?? Confident and student of the game??? How would you know anything about their study or game plan habits. I did get the AR and Smith comparison wrong that was a different poster. But dude c'mon. Where are you getting these evaluations. If he was that good we would have had more production last year from him. He CLEARLY was not ready for the jump. And unless you have some access to the practice that no one else has I don't or can't understand how he could be compared to any successful QB. Like I said, its gong to take 5 or 6 games this year before we know what we have. All I have to go on is the games I saw last year. And last year he wasn't NFL ready

Pay attention... Real Bear fans have. We see his pressures, his answers. His response to one of the most ignorant offensive game plans I've ever seen, referring to 2017. We know because we pay attention..I can tell you're a fly by fan and not truly analyzing the situation...do your homework....stay off the crack...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Which is none?

I think he was referring to he hasn't seen any of Trubisky's play in this off-season thus far but saw his struggles last year.

AussieBear

Yes, it wasn't very memorable though. Did you?

much like mitch year 1, not very memorable.......

howeber, i is remember cades detroit game with robinson being a boss..

marcus robinson provided some false hope going into 00 toooo

so we got a part time 1st rd rookie QB heading in to yr 2 n a guud robinson at wr who be had a 1400 yd season in they past .......hmmmms.z..... mitch i look like cade mcnown trubintsky and a robinson @ WR going into 19... hopefully this go around be mo betta not blues

btw.. duuh bears traded up to get duh cade too

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think he was referring to he hasn't seen any of Trubisky's play in this off-season thus far but saw his struggles last year.

Yes, Dear sweet Mitchell has not played against anyone in 2018. Was that Collins77's point? Odd.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
much like mitch year 1, not very memorable.......

howeber, i is remember cades detroit game with robinson being a boss..

marcus robinson provided some false hope going into 00 toooo

so we got a part time 1st rd rookie QB heading in to yr 2 n a guud robinson at wr who be had a 1400 yd season in they past .......hmmmms.z..... mitch i look like cade mcnown trubintsky and a robinson @ WR going into 19... hopefully this go around be mo betta not blues

btw.. duuh bears traded up to get duh cade too

Any good kangaroo stories...recipes... :shrug:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's the 1st 2 pages of a google search without cherry picking or duplicating a source.

-NFL.com compared him to Stafford.

-A NFL personnel director told ESPN’s Todd McShay North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky “reminds him,” of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The evaluator cited Trubisky’s quick release, arm talent and ability to keep his balance while moving his feet as similar to Rodgers.

-Jeremiah said Trent Green

-Thomas Davis (Panthers all pro) sees lots of Aaron Rodgers in Trubisky’s game

-Walter said Tannehill.

-247 sports said Matt Ryan

And just for fun. When looking if Nagy ever compared him,

-Matt Nagy says QB Mitchell Trubisky compares favorably to Alex Smith and that they have 'similar styles'.

Our HC says he compares favorably to Smith and the most received compare in 2 pages of a search is Rodgers. I expect him to end up being somewhere between those 2. If his career never surpasses that of Smith career (not his highlights), it will be a disappointment to me. I want more than a midpack (better at times)game manager with a 87 career rating. I also don't expect him to become Rodgers. One thing Mitch and Rodgers do that Smith never did much of is seam throws. Nagy got Smith to throw more of those. He won't have to convince Trubisky.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NFL all time lowest interception percentage.

1. Aaron Rodgers 1.6%
2. Colin Kaepernick 1.8%
T2. Tom Brady 1.8%

He wasn't the best but better than a lot of guys out there.

How would we feel if after his second year as a starter Trubisky has a TD to INT ratio of 31 to 11? I would say he exceeded expectations. That would mean Mitch would go 24 TD's and 4 Int's in 2018, I could live with that.

I'd be a little disappointed if he had an 89 rating like Kap's career average. Not terribly disappointed but I want to see 90s this season. The year Alex Smith was replaced with Kap, he had a 104 rating. Kap had a 98 thereafter. That team had Crabtree, Gore, Vernon Davis and Randy Moss. Best year either had until Smith had a hair better rating last year (led the league).

AussieBear

Any good kangaroo stories...recipes... :shrug:

other dan mitch being like cade yr 1, aint nuffin going on. the roos news be on dat normal distractionary cycle..

on duh home front, the kid finally discovered ramen the other day.. i dont eat it often deez days so i dont push it on him;';.,.. but he finally tried some.. it be jogged me memories of when i discovered ramen.. funny, we both preferred chicken at that age.. duh fucker be asking for it every meal now.. but i aint serving dat shit all day..

what be else//

ive come to an impasse in me life..me development.... if i can figure out wtf be going on in me mentals.. ill be have a growth... will be level up.. doubt ill regress if i dont.. but who knows how long a stall could last. and if this impasse will ever come backs......yeah.. i need to figure dat shit out.. ive come to dis spot before and stalled fer years and years..i didnt even recugnize i was at an impasse.. perhaps i did, but ignored it.... to not have to dealz with me mentals n dat reality of me being.. the past.. dem truths.... but i recognize what the fuck it be dis time fur reels and i is looking for answers... when i level up, i will be getting them much needed extra points to put into me rpg self..

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure what 247 sports are thinking. Ryan is the ultimate polished pocket passer and nowhere near the athlete Trubisky is.

Tannehill and a less polished Alex Smith sound about right.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just some unbiased research with an opinion at the end. I know there were other Alex Smith compares before the draft but I didn't go looking for anything specific. Random search for Trubisky comparison and only used professional opinions.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think of the other young QBs in the league I think he an Mariota have a lot of similarities.

Both are above average athletes that have good accuracy and can throw on the move. Both have technical flaws that need to be worked out and are more comfortable in the gun.

Mariota is a better athlete and I think Mitch has a bigger arm, but I think their styles and issues are similar.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure what 247 sports are thinking. Ryan is the ultimate polished pocket passer and nowhere near the athlete Trubisky is.

Tannehill and a less polished Alex Smith sound about right.

Ryan is a really bad comparison.

Turbisky's biggest strength is his ability to throw accurately while moving. Ryan's biggest weakness is if he needs to move at all. Ryan may be less mobile than Tom Brady.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he'll be the first Mitchell Trubisky.

This. Just let the kid become whatever he will become. Its pretty much pointless to make comparisons this early into his career anyways.