i

Jason Hammel
i

John lackey

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love to have this game tomorrow. I hope Hammel is up for the task. Also, the Cubs are going to have to solve Lackey.

I think it's more likely than not that if they don't win tomorrow, they won't win the series. I don't see the Cards losing 2 of 3 at Busch Stadium.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love to have this game tomorrow. I hope Hammel is up for the task. Also, the Cubs are going to have to solve Lackey.

I think it's more likely than not that if they don't win tomorrow, they won't win the series. I don't see the Cards losing 2 of 3 at Busch Stadium.

Thank you for a refreshingly good post, tribar.

GO CUBS!

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lackey on short rest.

Hope that is good four us.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Assuming Russell isn't good to go tomorrow, wouldn't surprise me if the Cubs went Castro at SS and Coghlan at 2B to keep Soler's bat in the lineup.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lackey is at an age where I think he will have more trouble than usual pitching on short rest. Also, if the plate umpire actually has a zone that is somewhere near the plate, that goes in the Cubs hitters' favor to wear him out sooner. JMHO.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ugh. Hate Lackey. Not in love with Hammel. I see early bullpen. If Hammel can keep them scoreless for 3-4, with the same relief we got today (mix of Wood, Cahill, Strop and then Rondon) we could actually pull this off. DO NOT want to go back to STL.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Once again, a lot depends on what's going on with the ball & strike calls. If they give this asswipe 4 or 5 inches off the plate again....we're in trouble.

This is probably the most important game Hammel has ever started....who knows how that will play out.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. I have no idea if Molina can play tomorrow. No one frames a pitch as well as he does.

The ball and strike counts on that first game were horrible. Actually inexcusable at this level. It certainly was the difference in that game.

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weather guessers say more of the same wind tomorrow 15MPH WNW. Maybe not quite as strong as tonight's game but itll definitely make it interesting.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Lackey is at an age where I think he will have more trouble than usual pitching on short rest. Also, if the plate umpire actually has a zone that is somewhere near the plate, that goes in the Cubs hitters' favor to wear him out sooner. JMHO.

I agree Parade. There are 3 things in the Cubs favor, imo. First, the Cubs were flat out not ready to play in game 1, imo. They learned their lesson....moving on. 2nd, Lackey's short rest could backfire for the reasons you state. 3rd, the Ump definitely hurt the Cubs ability to watch pitches, whether for both teams or not. Cubs gonna jump on Lackey this time, imo.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Assuming Russell isn't good to go tomorrow, wouldn't surprise me if the Cubs went Castro at SS and Coghlan at 2B to keep Soler's bat in the lineup.

Baez at SS is better D and keeps Soler in lineup , too.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
We have to put away the Red Birds TODAY. No need to give them confidence going into a game 5 in STL

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:

I hope not, I know Baez struggled a bit yesterday, but Coghlan's glove at 2B is much worse

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I hope not, I know Baez struggled a bit yesterday, but Coghlan's glove at 2B is much worse

Not to mention that Castro hasn't played SS for 2 months. I'm not sure you want to weaken two positions when you may not even be weakening one. Baez was put in a tough spot yesterday and the first play I really don't fault him for. I don't think he would have gotten him anyway, the announcers made a bigger deal of that than it was. If he's the guy today I'll trust that he's in a mindset to start and can get teh job done. He is a very good defender over all.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Not to mention that Castro hasn't played SS for 2 months. I'm not sure you want to weaken two positions when you may not even be weakening one. Baez was put in a tough spot yesterday and the first play I really don't fault him for. I don't think he would have gotten him anyway, the announcers made a bigger deal of that than it was. If he's the guy today I'll trust that he's in a mindset to start and can get teh job done. He is a very good defender over all.

Exactly. Baez at SS and Castro at 2B today hopefully

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Good post and I agree, except the broadcast team was correct about the throw from Baez. He was just nervous, IMHO.