10/13: NLDS Game 4: St. Louis Cardinals (1) at (2) Chicago Cubs 3:37PM TBS

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
of course there are bandwagoners, but to point to a cubs message board's activity, that was run by a huge sox troll that also encouraged other sox trolls, is pretty dumb. If anything, grimson deserves all the credit for putting sox trolls in their place and generating more cubs traffic.

By the way, i had a similar argument with my friend last season as well. Wasn't that bad, and i wouldn't call him a bandwagoner, but he was definitely disgruntled. Let's face it, they were brutal to watch the past few seasons. I couldn't even follow who many of them were since they were here one minute, gone the next.

lol

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he meant it was indicative, not definitive, but don't kid yourself there are tons of folks on the bandwagon and that's ok. This is a fun team and people gravitate to a fun team. Most of my close friends that are baseball fans are fans of other teams including, Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Giants, Tigers and Braves. All of them are onboard for this Cubs run. I don't mind that a bit, climb on board. To your point though I agree there are a lot of diehard fans but some of those diehards were the same folks who ridiculed me an others for understanding what was going on here.

A guy I've known for thirty years came on Facebook last year and called me out as naive and an idiot for believing in Theo's plan. He called Tom Ricketts a charlatan who was out to line his pockets and fleece Cubs fans
. When I tried to explain how he was wrong with a conversation about talent, the money spent on the actual organization instead of throwing money at overpriced free agency he told me he didn't reason with morons and used an expletive or two. He declared he was no longer a Cubs fan after 35 years or some such. Yeah, that same guy is the biggest cheering Cubs fan in the world right now. Sure he's a Cubs fan but that's bandwagon too. He's also welcome but there is an "I told you so" moment coming.

Look, I'm actually a bit sorry for running my mouth here and really didn't mean to single you out but I needed to point out that there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers and who cares? The more the merrier on this ride.

I know that guy too, sent him a Jim Hendry blow up doll for Xmas 3 years ago!!!!

czman

Liked Posts:
I had about 10 regular posters. Now I have 30 guys saying they are about to cry. Bandwagon. No issues. Jump the fuck on.

That has more to with some of the people who post here. bad conversation drives people a way, or at least it drives me away. Some might say I drive others away so it might be a wash.

Edit: The Bears board is active and terrible so you might not like what comes with a more people.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

You guys are getting a glimpse of why I'm the way I am, or was sometimes. These idiots used to follow me around everywhere with this crappola, and for years. :smh: Yeah, that's the ticket.... Grimson cleaned up the Cubs MB! :elephant:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys are getting a glimpse of why I'm the way I am, or was sometimes. These idiots used to follow me around everywhere with this crappola, and for years. :smh: Yeah, that's the ticket.... Grimson cleaned up the Cubs MB! :elephant:

Yeah that was a load of crap from I just post there.

Grimson isn't capable of cleaning up anything.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah that was a load of crap from I just post there.

Grimson isn't capable of cleaning up anything.

I know it's hard for you to follow, but the Grimson part was a joke. Regardless, it was pointless posting here before because there was hardly any good baseball talk. Beckdawg would make a great thread, and the only responses were Dews basically putting the Cubs down and the rest of his Sox troll cronies running wild.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

LOL, yeah, okay. You aren't exactly an endeared poster here either.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Of all the directors that would call it, I Thought it would be John Hughes. Zemeckis came out of no where.

Not sure if he's a fan but Zemeckis is from Chicago.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it's hard for you to follow, but the Grimson part was a joke. Regardless, it was pointless posting here before because there was hardly any good baseball talk. Beckdawg would make a great thread, and the only responses were Dews basically putting the Cubs down and the rest of his Sox troll cronies running wild.

Excuse me?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL IJPH... he couldn't even get by the first sentence. Classic.

I was able to get through the whole message very easily, bozo. Just wondering what I did to deserve the personal attack.