CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Cubs have an embarrassment of riches with young position players. And they really have fun playing as a team.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just in case no one noticed.....record wise...the Cubs just eliminated the two best teams in baseball.

That would make the Cubs the best team....wouldn't it?

Damn right it would!!!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Week end away. Tue-Thurs at Wrigley Weekend away.

Lester: Home: 3.60 Away: 2.93

Makes more sense to pitch him #2. Start Sunday and back on the mound next Saturday for game 6. Arrieta game 1 and 5.

Game 7 would be on the #3 starter then. Makes you really want a upgrade. Think Hendricks has inherited the role right now but that has to be addressed this off season.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Agree, I told my wife and kids if the Cubs make the WS I will be in tears. Of all the Chicago teams, the Cubs were the first one I truly loved.

Same here. Still vaguely remember my first game with my pops in 89 when I was 5. They played the Dodgers. We got a 75th Anniversary poster of Wrigley Field.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Same here. Still vaguely remember my first game with my pops in 89 when I was 5. They played the Dodgers. We got a 75th Anniversary poster of Wrigley Field.

Can remember watching mark grace play at peoria when I was kid. Still my favorite Cub to this day.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Grimson IGTs! FTW!

czman

Liked Posts:
Stat cast had Schwarber's bomb at 419 feet. That seems way short to me. I think 519 feet is probably closer.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stat cast had Schwarber's bomb at 419 feet. That seems way short to me. I think 519 feet is probably closer.

It was a sky scraper. Rizzo was further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

czman

Liked Posts:
Just in case no one noticed.....record wise...the Cubs just eliminated the two best teams in baseball.

That would make the Cubs the best team....wouldn't it?

Damn right it would!!!

Cubs had 97 so only 3 behind and the Pirates had 98. That is insane. It is hard to really say any of those teams were not the best in baseball and right now I think you can make the Case the Cubs are the best.

czman

Liked Posts:
Silence, I honestly don't give a shit. I am just really happy they won. Have a great night and enjoy it while it lasts.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Cubs had 97 so only 3 behind and the Pirates had 98. That is insane. It is hard to really say any of those teams were not the best in baseball and right now I think you can make the Case the Cubs are the best.

Sucks that Cubs won't have home field at any point through the playoffs even though they have the best remaining record. And, until they change it, I will continue to point out how dumb fuck Special person it is to have an exhibition game decide home field for the championship.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, if the Cubs make it past the NLCS, not having home field could be an advantage for the Cubs with the DH.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Sucks that Cubs won't have home field at any point through the playoffs even though they have the best remaining record. And, until they change it, I will continue to point out how dumb fuck Special person it is to have an exhibition game decide home field for the championship.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, if the Cubs make it past the NLCS, not having home field could be an advantage for the Cubs with the DH.

Lack of home field is somewhat mitigated by the fact that the 2-3-2 format heavily favors road teams who can split the first two.