1000 Posts For Watson

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Boy a lot of Watson nut huggers are going to be crying in about 12 hours :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all will be fine because chances are we draft a Pro bowl caliber player, but if Watson becomes a stud in a few years, I will then be pissed. Nothing will be worse then watching him have success on another team when we could have drafted him.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
1) Deshaun Watson
2) Jamal Adams

Presuming Garrett and Thomas off the board; both would jump Adams. If Trubisky is drafted, I am hopefully optimistic. Anyone else scares me.

I don't get the value media people use to measure. According to consensus on Mike and Mike this am, the top QB drafted should be Watson (citing leadership quality) AND would be a great pick and fit for CLE ... at 12. But would be INSANE at 1. That HAS to be Garrett. Gruden said he would go Adams at 1 for CLE (he questions Garrett's effort and would only pull the trigger at 1 if Browns DC G. Williams swore on his life he can get Garrett to step up at all times) and then Watson at 12.

To me, a leader at QB is more valuable that a leader on D given the nature of the game, so why is it awesome to get the leader at D at 1 or 2 or 3, but "insane" to get the leader of Offense that high ... while it would be "great" a mere ten spots or so later??

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I think we all will be fine because chances are we draft a Pro bowl caliber player, but if Watson becomes a stud in a few years, I will then be pissed. Nothing will be worse then watching him have success on another team when we could have drafted him.

Who ever he goes to the only way he has success is if he gets drafted on a team that is already a Super Bowl contender. I am going to bet that adversity on a bad team will show that he is more of a athlete that a qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
Watson or Adams

We wont get a pick this high maybe ever...take a shot at a QB!!!! Face of the franchise!

You can find safeties...6'1 athletic guys are everywhere

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I've seen on here for years people stating "The d-line makes the secondary better. We don't need all pros in the secondary". To now people wanting a high safety or corner to revert to Mike Brown days. Seems a bit contradictory.

IMO a high secondary pick in the first isn't going to turn this team around and make them score points for the next 5-8 years.

Take the gamble on the offenses most important position for once. Been a shit show for far too long.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If we don't pick Watson at #3 It isn't happening..alot of talk of Jacksonville selecting him at #4

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Bears had top 10 defense last year, was beleaguered with injuries, and still lost 13 games...we need to fix the offense..even if Glennon turns out well, insurance in Watson is well worth it.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm the very least if we do go defense in the first I hope to goodness it is after we trade back..if Trubisky is truly going #1, Garrett #2, we will have a bidding war on our hands...

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If we don't draft Watson though, I will blame the CCS message board for not turning out..

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I'm the very least if we do go defense in the first I hope to goodness it is after we trade back..if Trubisky is truly going #1, Garrett #2, we will have a bidding war on our hands...

I personally don't want to see Pace get cute here at 3. Pick a top player and draft him. We don't get many chances to draft at this level.

If it is some crazy deal you can't pass up I guess I could live with it. Like my opinion really matters, but I'm sick of the draft bullshit the Bears put us through.

Not many other teams fans yell "WHO?" when their 1st round pick is announced.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The real question for the Bears and other teams looking to trade up is if Watson to Jags is real or is it a smokescreen in hopes for Fournette to fall to them...he's the guy teams would trade up to get.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I personally don't want to see Pace get cute here at 3. Pick a top player and draft him. We don't get many chances to draft at this level.

If it is some crazy deal you can't pass up I guess I could live with it. Like my opinion really matters, but I'm sick of the draft bullshit the Bears put us through.

Not many other teams fans yell "WHO?" when their 1st round pick is announced.

I don't want him to trade down either, because I think Watson has a chance to go to the Jags, Jets, Bills and possibly the chargers. It would still be a good consolation prize though..sitting as #3 and going defense would be disappointing..

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Thomas, Allen, Adams - is there much separating these guys in terms of talent. I'm sure one of these guys would be available at #8..

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
That's why we should stay at#3 and draft Watson or move back..silly to stay and draft defense..