12/17 Red Wings @ Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN/NHLN

supraman

Liked Posts:
Absolutely incorrect. There is no comparison. There is a reason they both got traded and one is now a captain and one is still 3rd/4th line.

Ladd actually put up a good amount of points for the team considering who got all the points. Look at him now without everyone demanding the puck. He's almost a point a game.

No there certainly is. Someone is ignoring Skille's effort. So if you ignore his effort due lack of points you have then ignore Ladd's and Burish's lack of productivity with the hawks.

You are missing the point. Skille, Ladd, Burish do or did not score a lot for the hawks, but they put forth effort every night. So to say who fucking cares about skille's effort is saying who fucking cares about Ladd's and Burish's effort.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No there certainly is. Someone is ignoring Skille's effort. So if you ignore his effort due lack of points you have then ignore Ladd's and Burish's lack of productivity with the hawks.

You are missing the point. Skille, Ladd, Burish do or did not score a lot for the hawks, but they put forth effort every night. So to say who fucking cares about skille's effort is saying who fucking cares about Ladd's and Burish's effort.

Well, I can see what you're saying aboot the hard working part but to put Ladd in the same conversation as Burish I don't think so. Ladd had 15 goals and 34 assists in 08/09 and 17 goals and 21 assists last year. While Burish had a whopping 9 pts in 66 games played in 08/09 and 4 total pts in13 gms last year.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Skille is on pace for 10 goals and 20 assists. On pace for thirty points in his rookie season in the NHL, playing on the fourth line most of that time? How can you complain? That is pretty much exactly what Brouwer did his rookie season. Ladd put up 38 points last year, Buf put up 34 points, and they were playing with MUCH better players than Skille. He will likely outscore Fraser, Eager, Madden, and Kopecky's totals from last season, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets close to Buf and Ladd either. He has also put 91 shots on net already this season. Sure, not many have gone in, but the law of averages will eventually start seeing a few more of those pucks go into the net. If he was playing with linemates that crash the net, he would have a lot more assists off his rebounds too. A lot of the shots he takes are low, hard, and come out right in the slot off the goalie. The other shots, he is generating offensive zone faceoffs from. I don't think people appreciate that. They just see he takes a ton of shots, and not many go in. When you're alone in the offensive zone, with no linemates in the play with you, there is no such thing as a bad shot. Especially when you are generating rebounds and offensive zone faceoffs. He isn't a guy like Kane who can beat 2-3 defenders while waiting for linemates to catch up to the play. He's a much more simple player.

Skille's a meat and potatoes player who takes the body, has good speed, drives the net, and can generate scoring chances. Seriously, the Skille dislike is idiotic, at best. He makes mistakes, but how many of them have ended up in the back of the net this year? One? Compare that to the other forwards. Watch the game people.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me say again, there is no Skille dislike, but I also don't have a mancrush on hime like some of you do. "Projected" numbers don't mean squat. He could surpass those numbers and he could fall way short. I'm not telling anyone to stop liking the kid, I wanted an explanation as to why some of you do. Comparing him to other players who I may or may not share your enthusiasm about isn't giving an answer. To those of you who pointed out why you like him, thank you.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I love how for some reason every excuse in the book is allowed for Skille, but in the past never hold water for any other player.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Who is making excuses? All I see is people whose expectations are too high.