12/17 Red Wings @ Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN/NHLN

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yes he got waived, but getting waived doesn't mean you can't play. He can't be sent down until he clears waivers. And even at that, getting waived doesn't even mean you'll necessarily get sent down either. I remember about 10 or so years ago during Dave Manson's 2nd stint with the Hawks, he was waived along with another player, and he played the afternoon he was waived, eventually cleared, and never got sent down.

What the fuck. I'm so confused now, so what was the purpose of waiving him?

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone clue me in please. I don't get the Skille love being thrown around all the time. "He works his ass of every shift" seems to be the favorite quote for some of you. I don't disagree that the kid works hard, but I think maybe he tries to do too much on his own. Yeah, he skates his ass all the way down the ice past 2 or 3 opponents and then coughs up the puck at the end. How does that make someone great or even good?

R K

Didn't seem to cough the puck up much last night as he had 9 SOG and that line was all over the place. Close several times to potting one.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, so you are saying he didn't turn the puck over last night and had 9 shots. Did any of them hit the back of the net?

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
P.S. I'm not saying I hate the kid or anyting, I just don't see any reason for the excessive praise.

R K

Oh I hear what you are saying but give him a little time. Brouwer didn't exactly "light it up" his first full time stint either.

He appears to be improving every game. If he doesn't find a way to finish at some point then there is a problem.

He has more points than Bolland and one less than Stahlberg who's been skating with Toews on the top line for almost three weeks now.

Brouwer-Toews-Skille was very good last night.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Skille does make mistakes, but hes a rookie, he will learn eventually that he can't do it all by himself. If he doesn't learn, his NHL stint will not last long.

He has his positives and negatives, unfortunately, his negatives hurt the team horribly.

EDIT: After re-reading that, it kinda sounds like I'm dogging the guy. Really, I am not, I think he is a good player that helps the team more than he hurts it, but there are areas of his game that need work.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I think you're starting to lose your marbles RK.... Skille didn't play with Toews and Brouwer. Sharp did. I don't think Skille played a single shift with Brouwer and Toews. It was Brouwer/Toews/Sharp, Bickell/Bolland/Pisani, Kopecky/Dowell/Skille, Scott/Johnson/Hendry.

I'm not crazy, right? I'm almost positive those are the lines Q ran with....

nana

Liked Posts:
P.S. I'm not saying I hate the kid or anyting, I just don't see any reason for the excessive praise.

I think I was the only one who commented on him and I just said "Skille continued his trend of working hard every shift".

I'm not sure that constitutes excessive praise, but maybe that wasn't directed at me. At any rate since you asked, I admire that the kid took a pay cut to get his shot and is a hard worker out there. If you are seeing a lot of praise for him, that is probably a big part of it. People also love to root for a guy that flies all over the ice. When watching the game, I said to my husband, "I just wish he was finding the back of the net on some of these chances". Hopefully he'll continue to improve and that hard work will result in more offensive output. Hope that makes sense.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you're starting to lose your marbles RK.... Skille didn't play with Toews and Brouwer. Sharp did. I don't think Skille played a single shift with Brouwer and Toews. It was Brouwer/Toews/Sharp, Bickell/Bolland/Pisani, Kopecky/Dowell/Skille, Scott/Johnson/Hendry.

Yes, those were the lines against Detroit. As for you being crazy, the voices inside my head tell me knowing hockey lines is not always an indication of sanity.

R K

Yea you are right but he mixed Skille and Sharp up a bunch of times. That is the way they started though.

As for your marbles am I the one you should really be asking that... LOL!!!!

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Still room on the Brouwer train.......................ALL ABOARD!!!!

supraman

Liked Posts:
Ok, so you are saying he didn't turn the puck over last night and had 9 shots. Did any of them hit the back of the net?

So you are telling me in essence you hate Burish and Ladd. Since sure they never scored a lot but damn did they work hard.So effort means dick to you. I'm sure we can find some lazy russians with awesome skill sets and that can score pretty goals but never put forth the effort.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So you are telling me in essence you hate Burish and Ladd. Since sure they never scored a lot but damn did they work hard.So effort means dick to you. I'm sure we can find some lazy russians with awesome skill sets and that can score pretty goals but never put forth the effort.

I've been comparing Skille to Burish all year. As for you throwing Ladd there on that level.... that's just disgusting and you should know better. Ladd did so much more. Timely goals, big hits, leadership, and most importantly CONSISTENCY. I should slap your mouth.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I've been comparing Skille to Burish all year. As for you throwing Ladd there on that level.... that's just disgusting and you should know better. Ladd did so much more. Timely goals, big hits, leadership, and most importantly CONSISTENCY. I should slap your mouth.

But I am making a comparison. (I love Ladd) but he never put a lot of points nor did Burish but both worked their asses off every shift.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
But I am making a comparison. (I love Ladd) but he never put a lot of points nor did Burish but both worked their asses off every shift.

Absolutely incorrect. There is no comparison. There is a reason they both got traded and one is now a captain and one is still 3rd/4th line.

Ladd actually put up a good amount of points for the team considering who got all the points. Look at him now without everyone demanding the puck. He's almost a point a game.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you. Ladd brought so much to the game (including goals). Burish brought a mouth, and agitation. I never said I hated Skille.