1st Round Options...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I doubt they want just any of them. They will likely have one or two they think can be the guy. If so, you take him.

I can't believe this team has nothing at QB, their first top 3 pick since 1972, and some people's primary concern is a defender lol. It's like the Stockholm syndrome of being a fan of a QB-tarded team.

What if I guaranteed you Myles Garrett is Von Miller and Garoppolo is better than anyone in this draft class?!? That is my opinion.

I was all in on Mariota, Wentz, and Paxton Lynch the last 2 years. You have to look at each draft class on its own merit. To me, this looks like the EJ Manuel draft class. Hopefully something changes between now and end of the year but acquiring Jimmy is a realistic option this offseason. Naturally I am hoping the Bears fire Fox and bring in McDaniels.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think this draft is going to be a real nail biter for Pace and company, especially if 1-2 QBs peel off early.

If the QBs go early, he is going to have the chance at a special defensive player that will be very tough to pass on over the 2-3d best QB.

But if that happens, which is likely, alot of signal callers with a late 1st round to early 2nd round grade are available.

Knowing that whoever you draft becomes the likely starter, you can't hope that your guy falls to you in the 2nd.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I doubt they want just any of them. They will likely have one or two they think can be the guy. If so, you take him.

I can't believe this team has nothing at QB, their first top 3 pick since 1972, and some people's primary concern is a defender lol. It's like the Stockholm syndrome of being a fan of a QB-tarded team.

How about Garrett in the 1st and with our 2nd (and whatever else it takes) trade for Garoppolo? More polished than any QB coming out this year and probably as much upside.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
What if I guaranteed you Myles Garrett is Von Miller and Garoppolo is better than anyone in this draft class?!? That is my opinion.

I was all in on Mariota, Wentz, and Paxton Lynch the last 2 years. You have to look at each draft class on its own merit. To me, this looks like the EJ Manuel draft class. Hopefully something changes between now and end of the year but acquiring Jimmy is a realistic option this offseason. Naturally I am hoping the Bears fire Fox and bring in McDaniels.

Dude im a patriots fan, Garoppolo isnt going to do anything for the Bears.

Liked Posts:
I'd be all in for a trade for Garoppolo. Doubt Bill will do it, though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we draft #2, I think we take the impact position player and take a QB later. That could easily include trading back into 1 to secure the guy we want. The other option is trading the pick but I doubt that happens this year with the QBs coming out not expected to be taken that early. Trading down won't get you that desperate lopsided haul of picks this year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I want absolutely no part of Kaaya.

Luke Falk or bust.

There are also reports of Watson slipping all the way to the bottom of the first, a la Bridgewater, due to accuracy concerns.

Haven't we learned anything from past QB drafts that we still say "[insert one guy] or bust". Last year, most people wanted none of Dak Prescott. I don't think many people wanted Russell Wilson or Derek Carr either. None of us know who is going to succeed in the NFL and isn't. Any of these guys could. Kaaya could be Matt Ryan for all you or I know.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Obviously if that were guaranteed, I'd take it. But I don't think it is. I agree with the first half - Garrett looks like the next Von Miller. I think it's almost a lock that the Browns take him. I have no idea why people expect him to be on the board if the Bears pick at 3 or 4.

I'm nowhere in the same universe as high on JG as you are, though.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How about Garrett in the 1st and with our 2nd (and whatever else it takes) trade for Garoppolo? More polished than any QB coming out this year and probably as much upside.

Disagree. There are several QBs in this draft I would take over Garopollo, all of whom we'd be getting on rookie contracts, whereas Jimmy will need paid immediately and I don't think he's a franchise type QB anyway. Most people will "look polished" in the Patriots' system.

And Garrett is going to Cleveland. They have a QB they drafted in the third round last year who looks like he might have something. I'd be amazed if they took a QB first overall. Garrett is as close to a can't miss impact player as you can get. I think they take him and take another year to see what they have in Kessler.

Cleveland has more in the QB cupboard than the Bears do. Why people think they're taking a QB and we're going to take a defender is totally bizarre to me. We are more in need of a QB than them.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why? He has fared well in the draft and the 2 QBs the Bears were rumored to trade up for in Mariota/Wentz look like absolute studs.

At this point, I am confident Pace will make the right call.

Why? Seriously? look at the shit show team he's put together. And you're excited because he was "rumored" to be interested in some good QBs?? Give me a fucking break. You are what your record says you are in the NFL.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Why? Seriously? look at the shit show team he's put together. And you're excited because he was "rumored" to be interested in some good QBs?? Give me a fucking break. You are what your record says you are in the NFL.

Point is draft wise, Pace has done very well...you know the domain where he will be selecting our top 5 pick. It's mainly the team he inherited and free agents that have failed him.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

You were not all in on Mariota. You liked Winston and attempted to discredit Mariota every time he was discussed. Nice try though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Point is draft wise, Pace has done very well...you know the domain where he will be selecting our top 5 pick. It's mainly the team he inherited and free agents that have failed him.

Have his drafts helped improve our record? (no)

Has he drafted a young QB in two drafts despite a desperate need at the QB position? (no)

Look, I'm well aware Pace has hit on a few picks. So did Angelo. So did Emery. You say he's done very well.... I'd say he's done average at best.

Fact is this team is a total shit show and it has Pace's fingerprints all over it. The arrow is pointing down instead of up.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully the Bears can lose out with Barkley at the helm and get the number #2 pick. If the Bears have a shot at either Garrett or Allen and go defense I'm fine with that. I think there is solid QB depth in the 2nd and 3rd round at QB, more so than the last two years. But if the Bears pick third and Garrett & Allen are gone then select a QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think this draft is going to be a real nail biter for Pace and company, especially if 1-2 QBs peel off early.

If the QBs go early, he is going to have the chance at a special defensive player that will be very tough to pass on over the 2-3d best QB.

But if that happens, which is likely, alot of signal callers with a late 1st round to early 2nd round grade are available.

Knowing that whoever you draft becomes the likely starter, you can't hope that your guy falls to you in the 2nd.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that that's exactly what Pace is gonna try to do. I think he's gonna go best available defensively with our 1st round pick and hope B.Kaaya or another QB he likes will be there when we pick at the top of the 2nd round or he's gonna try to trade back into the bottom of the 1st round.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Haven't we learned anything from past QB drafts that we still say "[insert one guy] or bust". Last year, most people wanted none of Dak Prescott. I don't think many people wanted Russell Wilson or Derek Carr either. None of us know who is going to succeed in the NFL and isn't. Any of these guys could. Kaaya could be Matt Ryan for all you or I know.

Agree 100% with this. People act like they or any of these GM's should just know who will be what in the NFL and that's not how it works especially with QB's. You can watch all the tape and games you want of these kids but what will make them succeed in the NFL is what they have between their ears and the confidence they play with and you can predict that. It's not an easy thing to draft the right QB but hopefully with how Pace went after guys like Wentz and Mariota means he knows what to look for.

Damn it i wish he would of been able to get M.Mariota.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The only way i'd want Jimmy G is if J.McDaniels came with him and that's if McDaniels even thinks he's the real deal for another team or if he's the product of a winning situation with the Patriots.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agree 100% with this. People act like they or any of these GM's should just know who will be what in the NFL and that's not how it works especially with QB's. You can watch all the tape and games you want of these kids but what will make them succeed in the NFL is what they have between their ears and the confidence they play with and you can predict that. It's not an easy thing to draft the right QB but hopefully with how Pace went after guys like Wentz and Mariota means he knows what to look for.

Damn it i wish he would of been able to get M.Mariota.

Does Pace get a participation trophy for trying? You guys seem so excited he "went after" a QB.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disagree. There are several QBs in this draft I would take over Garopollo, all of whom we'd be getting on rookie contracts, whereas Jimmy will need paid immediately and I don't think he's a franchise type QB anyway. Most people will "look polished" in the Patriots' system.

And Garrett is going to Cleveland. They have a QB they drafted in the third round last year who looks like he might have something. I'd be amazed if they took a QB first overall. Garrett is as close to a can't miss impact player as you can get. I think they take him and take another year to see what they have in Kessler.

Cleveland has more in the QB cupboard than the Bears do. Why people think they're taking a QB and we're going to take a defender is totally bizarre to me. We are more in need of a QB than them.

Do a Google search, type in Browns Trubisky and you will see tons of articles with the Browns targeting Trubisky, all in the last few days. Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't, but that should at least take away your feeling that it is bizarre.