2005 all over again!

CUTLERthaGOAT

Liked Posts:
I love this kind of football, the offense gives you something to bitch about, whilst the defense gives you something to talk shit about to others. It is this bears identity that converted me over when I was a fan free agent in 2013. I always liked the identity of the franchise and its history, and the identity of the fan base being overweight drunks who appreciate mediocre play so that when the team does well, it is truly enjoyed and appreciated, which is exactly spot on for who I am. I also have a man crush on Cutler, but that is neither here nor there lol. With the struggles of Trubisky right now, it will make it all the more sweeter when/if he finally breaks through and becomes the best QB since Sid.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love this kind of football, the offense gives you something to bitch about, whilst the defense gives you something to talk shit about to others. It is this bears identity that converted me over when I was a fan free agent in 2013. I always liked the identity of the franchise and its history, and the identity of the fan base being overweight drunks who appreciate mediocre play so that when the team does well, it is truly enjoyed and appreciated, which is exactly spot on for who I am. I also have a man crush on Cutler, but that is neither here nor there lol. With the struggles of Trubisky right now, it will make it all the more sweeter when/if he finally breaks through and becomes the best QB since Sid.

lol speak for yourself there buddy...I'm a fitness freak and don't drink!

CUTLERthaGOAT

Liked Posts:
lol speak for yourself there buddy...I'm a fitness freak and don't drink!

Lol obviously my first impression of bears fans comes from the SNL skit. Not being from Chicago, you gotta take in to account that was my first impression. I hope no one takes that remark the wrong way, I absolutely love being a part of the fraternity of being a bears fan. My only regret is that as a kid I did not get enamored with the last 3 years of Dan Marino and handcuff myself to that BS franchise for 20 years. I always on the side really liked this franchise so it was the obvious choice when I had a chance to switch.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think Trubisky is better than Orton.

- The 2005 Oline was maybe slightly better (Massey)
- Defense, man that is a tough group to compare to Harris, Urlacher, Mike Brown, Tillman, Briggs, Alex Brown. I call it a draw, but it is close, and that tickles me pink.

- 11-5 and we won the NFC North. I will take that!!

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Trubisky is better than Orton.

- The 2005 Oline was maybe slightly better (Massey)
- Defense, man that is a tough group to compare to Harris, Urlacher, Mike Brown, Tillman, Briggs, Alex Brown. I call it a draw, but it is close, and that tickles me pink.

- 11-5 and we won the NFC North. I will take that!!

Trubisky>>>Orton

'05 OL>>>>'18 D.

'05 D>>>18 D...and I REALLY like the '18 defense.

CUTLERthaGOAT

Liked Posts:
Trubisky>>>Orton

'05 OL>>>>'18 D.

'05 D>>>18 D...and I REALLY like the '18 defense.

I feel like Orton was never fully appreciated in his heyday. In no way was he going to lead the team, but if given a nice running game and defense, he could hold his own and not mess things up too bad. I think present day Trubisky is about on par with where Orton was in 07 when he got the job back from Sexy Rexy. Obviously Trubisky has a little more upside though, so its still wait and see.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
oh shit everyone, it's FT. epic.

now when do we get Rory back?
Rory won't be back.

The most recent administration decided to delete his account for zero reason.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Watching the D is fun and great and all, but it's like I already know the ending to this movie.... A sad smile is all it brings knowing that all that talent will probably be wasted.

Except we have this talent locked up under contract for several seasons yet, and they are only going to get better and better...

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since we're all unbanned can't he sign up again?

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Except we have this talent locked up undet comtract for several seasons yet, and they are only going to get better and better...

I hope you are right, man.
The Bears have a SB caliber defense and what looks like an offense that will gel. Pace pulled a great team together. Only Mitch has to get better, but I have my doubts... Still rooting for him though...