2011 Minor League Thread vol. 2

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Lake looks like Castro 2.0... big lenghty SS who needs to learn how to hang onto the ball when basically in CF

We should move him to OF or 3b imo. But he better get better with the bat or he will never reach the bigs he looks raw. When is he expected to make the bigs?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
We should move him to OF or 3b imo. But he better get better with the bat or he will never reach the bigs he looks raw. When is he expected to make the bigs?

When he learns how to take a walk and play better defense :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing I've seen lately is that Junior Lake is red-hot in AZL play, but that doesn't really mean anything. Dude basically doesn't walk and relies on really good luck on balls in play. He also has very little power and plays not-so-stellar defense. He wishes he were Starlin Castro :lol: Hopefully he does better going forward and he is only 21, but unless someone more knowledgeable steps up in his defense, I don't think he's going to even be a bench player at MLB level. He's got time on his side though.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I just thought since he was batting 3rd in a lineup that featured Harper and Trout he had to be pretty good. I had never seen him play until tonight. I think that manger just wanted to get Cubs fans hopes up who had never seen him play by batting him where Harper should of been hitting.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lake was taking pitches... He will take his walks. That's no problem, but the D will have to pick up. He's only 21 and the bat is coming around. 2 years I think is the best judgement for him to make the majors. If he keeps hitting. However, if the Cubs do nothing at 3B this Winter and production ot going good. We could see Lake come up if he produces. But I still have to say that's very unlikely.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Lake was taking pitches... He will take his walks. That's no problem, but the D will have to pick up. He's only 21 and the bat is coming around. 2 years I think is the best judgement for him to make the majors. If he keeps hitting. However, if the Cubs do nothing at 3B this Winter and production ot going good. We could see Lake come up if he produces. But I still have to say that's very unlikely.

It's not that it is very unlikely, it's that it will NOT happe.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Well you never know. We didn't know DJ would come up this early. Also, Starlin Castro.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Well you never know. We didn't know DJ would come up this early. Also, Starlin Castro.

I wanted Castro to make it out of ST, his May call-up wasn't surprising at all.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
That it was not... I wanted him to make it outta ST too. The year before was and what made all of want him on the team.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Doubtful.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Doubtful.

:yep: I was gonna say the same thing, but I wasn't sure if he was talking about the Rising Stars game or if he'd been trending towards being more patient lately, so I wasn't sure how to counter it.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
He took pitches and close pitches yesterday.

marky mark

Liked Posts:
That's wonderful. I'm glad that he did that. Soriano took pitches once. Close ones, too. I guess that makes he is the master of BB's, huh?

Him taking pitches at age 21 shows a bit more plate discipline does it not? developing is a day by day process therefore if today he was taking close pitches is a ray of light towards his future.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Soriano's the master of everything.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Him taking pitches at age 21 shows a bit more plate discipline does it not? developing is a day by day process therefore if today he was taking close pitches is a ray of light towards his future.

Or ya know, there is this thing called luck...