2011 Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
Heyas! I know it's still the 2010 season but it never hurts to think ahead once in a while & it is fun to play G.M. at times. Here is a link to players that will be available in next years draft and projections, for some players, to which round(s) they may be drafted in. Below is a link to the draft page after you click on it, go to player rankings in the drop menu for available players & round projections. As most on here know the Bears offensive line is in need of major changes & the deffensive line ought not be overlooked either. Who would any of you like to see the front office pick & in what order? Just below the link are the players that I would draft & would like to see drafted among other tweeks to the roster via trade/free agency. To start I would like to see the front office pursue Mankins by way of a trade this season or as a free agent in the offseason. Since the two Centers mentioned on the site are not projected to be drafted until the fifth round or later, I'd like to see the front office look for a short term solution, though free agency, at the center position & try to maintain Krutz for one more year as a backup. Then scout better prospects at center in the 2012 draft/F.A./trade. Enough rambling from me, here is the link & my picks below it. Discuss?

Sideline Scouting - 2011 Mock Draft

1) OT, Gabe Carimi - Wisconsin (HT: 6-6½ - WT: 317)

2) DT, Stephen Paea - Oregon St. (HT: 6-1 - WT: 311)

3) Guard, Michael Pouncey - Florida (HT: 6-4½ - WT: 317)

4) CB, Chykie Brown (Round projection unlisted)

5) C, Kristofer O'Dowd - USC (HT: 6-4 - WT: 300)

6) Safety, Quinton Carter safety (round projection unlisted)

7) Fullback, Stan Havili (Also unlisted)

I know Martz is not known for using fullbacks alot, but who can argue that there have been many times this season that the offense could have benefited from having one....

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
Lol, I thought the same thing. Although I would to see like them use the second round pick on a replacement for Tommie Harris...

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pouncey will not last out of the second round. Carimi is a beast, but he wont be your answer in keeping Cutler on his feet. He struggles with speed rushers and would be better suited on the right side. Forte would love him though.

2011 NFL mock draft: PRESEASON | Man Cave Sports

This was my top 100 and mock draft in the preseason. I will have a new one up this week. Demarcus Love has looked good this season, and he is more of a left tackle. With how well the Bears have played this season, Love might be the better option.

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
Pouncey will not last out of the second round. Carimi is a beast, but he wont be your answer in keeping Cutler on his feet. He struggles with speed rushers and would be better suited on the right side. Forte would love him though.

2011 NFL mock draft: PRESEASON | Man Cave Sports

This was my top 100 and mock draft in the preseason. I will have a new one up this week. Demarcus Love has looked good this season, and he is more of a left tackle. With how well the Bears have played this season, Love might be the better option.

One of the reasons I like Pouncey is because his scouting report claims versitility allowing him to go from Guard to Center at the flick of a switch. I was thinking of drafting Pouncey in the second round instead of DT & searching F.A. or trade for a Tommie Harris replacement. I pretty much picked by what the round projection for each player was. I really was hoping for a new Center in the draft but the 2011 class appears slim to none there. That position has to be adressed ASAP...Kruetz is a dinosaur. Love or Carimi would be fine with me. If we had any run blockers this season can you imagine how sick the offense would be....

Last edited:

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the reasons I like Pouncy is because his scouting report claims versitility allowing him to go from Guard to Center at the flick of a switch. I was thinking of drafting Pouncy in the second round instead of DT & searching F.A. or trade for a Tommie Harris replacement. I pretty much picked by what the round projection for each player was. I really was hoping for a new Center in the draft but the 2011 class appears slim to none there. That position has to be adressed ASAP...Kruetz is a dinosaur.

agreed. But he wont last past the second. I wouldn't doubt if he somehow sneaks into the end of the first round. He, like his twin brother, will be a stud at the combine and teams could easily fall in love with his play and versatility during the senior bowl.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
How do you have both Seattle and Tampa passing up Mallet/Locker???

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
agreed. But he wont last past the second. I wouldn't doubt if he somehow sneaks into the end of the first round. He, like his twin brother, will be a stud at the combine and teams could easily fall in love with his play and versatility during the senior bowl.

Yeah I'd be fine with Love, Carimi, or Pouncey compared to what the team is currently fielding. To me it's a win win win situation between pick options. If they draft Carimi they get a good run blocker, if they draft Love then Cutler will get the time he needs, if they draft Pouncey they get a guy that can do some of both at seperate positions. You don't have to twist my arm to convince me, I'll take any one of thos guys in the first or second round...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Also: Wright has Paea already as a first rounder.....

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do you have both Seattle and Tampa passing up Mallet/Locker???

I had Locker going #1 overall. Since I used our preseason power rankings that meant the Rams picked Jake Locker. I understand that wont happen, but I do not put trades into my mock until my final mock drafts.

No way Tampa drafts a QB. Josh Freeman is a very good young QB and he keeps getting better. I have Seattle picking Mallett.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not you, the OP.

And I don't see it in Josh Freeman.

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
I'm watching the Wisconsin/Ohio St. game and Carimi has been complete money out there. Every run play to his side of the ball has been very productive & his pass blocking has been acceptionally well also. I think I have to stick with him as my number one pick to get the running game back in order. Right now for me it's between Carimi & Pouncy for my #1...

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
I'm watching the Wisconsin/Ohio St. game and Carimi has been complete money out there. Every run play to his side of the ball has been very productive & his pass blocking has been acceptionally well also. I think I have to stick with him as my number one pick to get the running game back in order. Right now for me it's between Carimi & Pouncy for my #1...

yeah, i'd draft the badger's whole offensive line the way they played

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carimi is atrocious against speed rushers. He's a RT only in the NFL or a LT in an offense that is a run-first scheme

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
We get off the bus running.
I meant a team like the Dolphins or Steelers. Carimi would get destroyed in Mike Martz's offense especially since he would have to go up against Clay Matthews, KVB, and Jared Allen twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.