2011 Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If I remember right, Pouncey has had MAJOR issues snapping the ball this season...He's a solid G, but I don't think we should draft him based on his so-called "Versatility"...

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
From personal experience....

Arizona's center Colin Baxter is a monster, and the Bears run a very similar offense to UofA. I see him as a great replacement for Kreutz

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:

Arizona's center Colin Baxter is a monster, and the Bears run a very similar offense to UofA. I see him as a great replacement for Kreutz
Kreutz has been awful this season, the Bears need a replacement soon. Stefen Wisniewski or Kristofer O'Dowd would be great replacements

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I would say Baxter fills that role of a new center soon wouldnt you?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I'm watching the Wisconsin/Ohio St. game and Carimi has been complete money out there. Every run play to his side of the ball has been very productive & his pass blocking has been acceptionally well also. I think I have to stick with him as my number one pick to get the running game back in order. Right now for me it's between Carimi & Pouncy for my #1...

:obama:

No. You do everything you can to ensure that your franchise QB doesn't get murdered when he drops back to pass. That means you draft the guy that is best-positioned to keep big angry black men from sitting on your QB's face. Going with a "well he's a fantastic run-blocker, and maybe his pass-blocking will improve [and/or is underrated]" would be a really bad idea.

And I was wondering, is it time for the Bears to start looking for Urlacher replacements yet? Perhaps in the middle rounds?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:

No. You do everything you can to ensure that your franchise QB doesn't get murdered when he drops back to pass. That means you draft the guy that is best-positioned to keep big angry black men from sitting on your QB's face. Going with a "well he's a fantastic run-blocker, and maybe his pass-blocking will improve [and/or is underrated]" would be a really bad idea.

And I was wondering, is it time for the Bears to start looking for Urlacher replacements yet? Perhaps in the middle rounds?
1. :rolling: but I agree. Carimi is a RTO but this O-Line class is very weak, especially for OTs, but the Bears still need to draft quality O-Lineman

2. I doubt it, especially since he still has quite a few years left on his current deal.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I meant a team like the Dolphins or Steelers. Carimi would get destroyed in Mike Martz's offense especially since he would have to go up against Clay Matthews, KVB, and Jared Allen twice a year.
It was a joke, dood.

beardwn34

Liked Posts:

This right here. I've never heard anything about Baxter but that may have alot to do with the draft site I went to. I would love for the Bears to find/draft a premiere center first & foremost if at all possible, but centers were thin on the draft site that I went to. If anyone has any other draft sites with round projections for each player feel free to share them. I've never done a mock draft before & it it is kind of easy to do for the Bears because their need is gairingly obvious. I really think so far any of the linemen mentioned in this thread are an upgrade to what the team currently has. I do think they need to aquire three new offensive linemen going into the season. If they don't use the first three picks on the line I hope Angelo at least uses the first two picks on the line and aquires another lineman through F.A. or trade. I still like Carimi in any offense. I like having a mix of run/pass blockers. I tend to like having good run blockers at the tackle positions and good pass blockers at the interior center and guard postions. Maybe my philosophy is backwards in a seven step drop offense, I'm not really sure. In spite of scouting reports I just watched Carimi not get beat once by one of the top ranked defenses in the nation. My point,again, even if he were the Bears first round pick, I wouldn't be bothered since he'd still be a significant upgrade at the tackle position. I do think if we had a couple of run blockers Forte would look alot like Faulk in St.Louis rushing for 1000 + yrds & receiving for 500+ yrds...As the poster in the quote above mentioned, if a premiere center is out there to be had the Bears need him yesterday...

Last edited:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
This right here. I've never heard anything about Baxter but that may have alot to do with the draft site I went to. I would love for the Bears to find/draft a premiere center first & foremost if at all possible, but centers were thin on the draft site that I went to. If anyone has any other draft sites with round projections for each player feel free to share them. I've never done a mock draft before & it it is kind of easy to do for the Bears because their need is gairingly obvious. I really think so far any of the linemen mentioned in this thread are an upgrade to what the team currently has. I do think they need to aquire three new offensive linemen going into the season. If they don't use the first three picks on the line I hope Angelo at least uses the first two picks on the line and aquires another lineman through F.A. or trade. I still like Carimi in any offense. I like having a mix of run/pass blockers. I tend to like having good run blockers at the tackle positions and good pass blockers at the interior center and guard postions. Maybe my philosophy is backwards in a seven step drop offense, I'm not really sure. In spite of scouting reports I just watched Carimi not get beat once by one of the top ranked defenses in the nation. My point,again, even if he were the Bears first round pick, I wouldn't be bothered since he'd still be a significant upgrade at the tackle position. I do think if we had a couple of run blockers Forte would look alot like Faulk in St.Louis rushing for 1000 + yrds & receiving for 500+ yrds...As the poster in the quote above mentioned, if a premiere center is out there to be had the Bears need him yesterday...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This right here. I've never heard anything about Baxter but that may have alot to do with the draft site I went to.
Wait a second....

The website you linked in the original post.....is that your website???

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
Wait a second....

The website you linked in the original post.....is that your website???

Yeah but they have him not projected to go until after the fifth or sixth round on that site & would like to find a different site with other round projections. I wouldnt want to use a 1rst round pick on a player with sixth round potential. I'd like to see what other sites have to say. Obviously there are alot of mock draft sites but that seems to be the only one I've found with the round projection under the player....Even on that site it doesnt do it for every player. I also looked at safeties & CB's because I'd love to get a good CB or safety in the draft, or anywhere for that matter & it didn't have any round projections for either position. Awful lot of wants for one draft huh?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah but they have him not projected to go until after the fifth or sixth round on that site & would like to find a different site with other round projections. I wouldnt want to use a 1rst round pick on a player with sixth round potential. I'd like to see what other sites have to say. Obviously there are alot of mock draft sites but that seems to be the only one I've found with the round projection under the player....Even on that site it doesnt do it for every player. I also looked at safeties & CB's because I'd love to get a good CB or safety in the draft, or anywhere for that matter & it didn't have any round projections for either position. Awful lot of wants for one draft huh?
So Sideline Reporting is yours??? You own that website? That is my question.

regoob2

Liked Posts:
You're off by multiple rounds on most of those players.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
??? Your reason for the facepalm?
Look at the bolded idiot :pity:

You're off by multiple rounds on most of those players.
:yep:
No way O'Dowd lasts until the 5th and Stanley Havili lasts until the 7th. Your mock is terrible, your site sucks (if that's yours), and the site(s) you use must suck as well

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I mean, by his original post he makes it seem as if that is his website. When you click on the link for the site staff it lists people who are just apparently writers for college newspapers.

I find it hard to believe that some schlub that writes for the Bowling Green newspaper has that much scouting info. Which means it comes from somewhere, and I don't see it credited anywhere.

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
So Sideline Reporting is yours??? You own that website? That is my question.

Woops sorry about that. No it's not mine I found it on a different board. I just put the players together by scouting report & round projection.

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
Look at the bolded idiot :pity:

:yep:
No way O'Dowd lasts until the 5th and Stanley Havili lasts until the 7th. Your mock is terrible, your site sucks (if that's yours), and the site(s) you use must suck as well

Are you really that uptight over six petty typos? Idiot! The sad thing is I've agreed with you on 99.9% what what you state. Maybe I'm wrong but it almost looks like you go out of your way to attack people, but thanks for the spell check. Do you have to resort to insulting people, let alone the ones that agree with you?

Matthew

Liked Posts:
The average age of our core defense (Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman) is 30 year old. We need to start adding young depth players that have the potential to develop into starters for us in this draft. On top of that we need to completely overhaul the entire offensive line. We need a true number one wideout as well as a short yardage running back, preferably a bigger back for a change of pace and style from Forte.

We have a lot to add to this team and the upcoming drafts are crucial, if we cannot find at least four players that can stick on this roster in each draft in the next few years we could be in serious trouble.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The average age of our core defense (Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman) is 30 year old. We need to start adding young depth players that have the potential to develop into starters for us in this draft. On top of that we need to completely overhaul the entire offensive line. We need a true number one wideout as well as a short yardage running back, preferably a bigger back for a change of pace and style from Forte.

We have a lot to add to this team and the upcoming drafts are crucial, if we cannot find at least four players that can stick on this roster in each draft in the next few years we could be in serious trouble.

Big Back = Havey Unga, pretty much redshirted and got for a 7th when he woulda gone in the 5th next year.

Oline-E. Williams and Webb look like they can be quality with experience, Chris Williams probably can handle LG, need a new center for sure and LT but not all overhaul.

You DON'T need a new WR it also is a abstract term that means absolutely nothing in it's usage as if they can fit the role of DA in or not is what could change that. If you have the same offense you don't nor shouldn't add a big slow guy and big fast guys are rare.

But talking about a draft when there's no insurance of there being a 2011 NFL season is rather pointless because as of now there is no set football.

Status
Not open for further replies.