Not open for further replies.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
People act like all pro centers grow on trees.

Newsflash: They don't.

Has Kreutz declined? Yes. Absolutely.

But, it's been an honor to watch him play center.

It was an honor to listen to Metalica, that doesn't mean I'm going to put Re-Load in my play list over Ride the Lightning.

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
It was an honor to listen to Metalica, that doesn't mean I'm going to put Re-Load in my play list over Ride the Lightning.

D'oh, nothing worse than the day Hetfield decided to sport a cowboy hat & a giant belt buckle. I never thought I'd see that day....

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
People act like all pro centers grow on trees.

Newsflash: They don't.

Has Kreutz declined? Yes. Absolutely.

But, it's been an honor to watch him play center.

At least you're not be overdramatic about this or anything.....

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Olin Kreutz has been bad the last two - three seasons but for whatever reason most Chicago fans are blinded to that fact because they still remember the perennial all pro player he once was. This is his final season under his current contract but sadly the front office is probably going to extend him because of his leadership and good rapport with most Bears fans. The fact is leadership does not correlate with being able to run block and it is time to part ways with Olin.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
1) OT, Gabe Carimi - Wisconsin (HT: 6-6½ - WT: 317)

2) DT, Stephen Paea - Oregon St. (HT: 6-1 - WT: 311)

3) Guard, Michael Pouncey - Florida (HT: 6-4½ - WT: 317)

4) CB, Chykie Brown (Round projection unlisted)

5) C, Kristofer O'Dowd - USC (HT: 6-4 - WT: 300)

6) Safety, Quinton Carter safety (round projection unlisted)

7) Fullback, Stan Havili (Also unlisted)

I know Martz is not known for using fullbacks alot, but who can argue that there have been many times this season that the offense could have benefited from having one....[/QUOTE]

The only thing I see wrong with your draft is the 1st, 3d, and 5th round picks all seem to be Offensive Line players don't you know we don't draft O linemen higher then the 6th round except every 10 years or so and we all ready draft one. Of course he couldn't play his first year, bad back and doesn't seem to know how to play now.

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
1) OT, Gabe Carimi - Wisconsin (HT: 6-6½ - WT: 317)

2) DT, Stephen Paea - Oregon St. (HT: 6-1 - WT: 311)

3) Guard, Michael Pouncey - Florida (HT: 6-4½ - WT: 317)

4) CB, Chykie Brown (Round projection unlisted)

5) C, Kristofer O'Dowd - USC (HT: 6-4 - WT: 300)

6) Safety, Quinton Carter safety (round projection unlisted)

7) Fullback, Stan Havili (Also unlisted)

I know Martz is not known for using fullbacks alot, but who can argue that there have been many times this season that the offense could have benefited from having one....

The only thing I see wrong with your draft is the 1st, 3d, and 5th round picks all seem to be Offensive Line players don't you know we don't draft O linemen higher then the 6th round except every 10 years or so and we all ready draft one. Of course he couldn't play his first year, bad back and doesn't seem to know how to play now.[/QUOTE]

I hear alot of people say they want a new coach named Cowher to come in to take the wheel. I'm more worried about a new G.M. at this point, preferably one that will draft offensive line, then a new coach. I can't see the Bears spending what it would take to get Cowher. I think they'd be more apt to getting a coodinator from somewhere instead. Maybe a Ron Rivera type.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Olin Kreutz has been bad the last two - three seasons but for whatever reason most Chicago fans are blinded to that fact because they still remember the perennial all pro player he once was. This is his final season under his current contract but sadly the front office is probably going to extend him because of his leadership and good rapport with most Bears fans. The fact is leadership does not correlate with being able to run block and it is time to part ways with Olin.

That is so untrue. Kruetz is gone after this season. They wouldn't of been trying to groom his replacement for the past 2 years if they were gonna be fine with extending Kruetz. As the Titans who let Kevin Muwah go they will let Kruetz go... Don't think just because Tice came and the preseason happened to show Beekman wasn't able to play center really has made it change, it hasn't.

I wouldn't mind them going late first round center... but if they don't go 1st 2 rounds they need to sign a legit veteran center to play in the next nfl season.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
People on this board really want Pouncey, and want him to play Center?

I'm a Florida fan, I've watched every game this season. Pouncey is horrible at center. He can't snap the ball in shotgun, and his blocking isn't that great.

I'd like the Bears to pass on him

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I'm a Florida fan, I've watched every game this season. Pouncey is horrible at center. He can't snap the ball in shotgun, and his blocking isn't that great.

In that case if Jerry Angelo is still GM, he'll likely draft him.

regoob2

Liked Posts:

Pouncey will never player Center in the NFL. Never. He's a 7th rounder there.

Status
Not open for further replies.