CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/stor...-sox-paul-konerko-undergo-hand-surgery-season

Konerko told ESPNChicago.com that he will opt for the surgery, which will remove the particle that floats between the hand and left wrist area.

"It is something I need to take care of," Konerko said. "I don't feel it has impacted anything I've done this year. It is just time to get it out of the way."

Chicago's captain, Konerko said he's had the fragment in his hand since 2009, and has had occasional shots and treatment when it's flared up.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd like Peavy to sign a three year team friendly contract. Something like 3 years at $25 million maybe as high as $30 million. He was our best starting pitcher and I know it's a long shot with health but I think he has turned the corner and if he can do a team friendly deal I want him back.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I dunno, don't 'team friendly' deals normally comes from guys in the organization for a long time?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cue the "lets sell high on Rios" posts.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cue the "lets sell high on Rios" posts.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who I want Back: I want AJ & Youk back on one year deals, two if need be. Peavy obviously at the right price. Wise
Possible free agents: Jason Bartlett, Kelly Johnson, Cody Ross (but he'll be expensive now), Rich Harden, Ryan Dempster, Zack Grienke, Jeff Francis, Shaun Marcum, Kyle Lohse, Edwin Jackson, Ryan Madson, Tim Byrdak, Juan Carlos Oviedo (Leo Nunez)
Who I Want to Let Walk: Floyd, Hudson, Liriano

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Rios, AJ, Peavy, Humber, and Liriano I would like gone.
I'd like to bring back Youk and Myers.
I'd like to obtain Swisher or Ross.

Just for starters.

Last edited:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I completely support this... Although is peavy is willing to be reasonable, I wouldn't mind seeing a 3 year contract.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I hate using words like "clutch", or "winner", because I think its incredibly stupid (he just knows how to win!!!1), but Peavy really seems to shit himself, for the most part, when we need him in the big moment. Oh, sure, Jake can own the Twins, Indians, and other bottom feeders, but that doesn't help us when we need to beat the Tigers, or we need to beat the Royals (lol).

Peavy coming back at a reasonable deal wouldn't be the worst idea, and I wouldn't really be opposed to it, but I would rather find another RHP out in the market first.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I dunno, don't 'team friendly' deals normally comes from guys in the organization for a long time?
They do, but numerous times Peavy feels like he owes the team for the faith they have shown in him.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I hate using words like "clutch", or "winner", because I think its incredibly stupid (he just knows how to win!!!1), but Peavy really seems to shit himself, for the most part, when we need him in the big moment. Oh, sure, Jake can own the Twins, Indians, and other bottom feeders, but that doesn't help us when we need to beat the Tigers, or we need to beat the Royals (lol).

Peavy coming back at a reasonable deal wouldn't be the worst idea, and I wouldn't really be opposed to it, but I would rather find another RHP out in the market first.

For the most part I don't think there is "clutch," but choking sure as fuck exists.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

I know a lot of his was early but I believe he had the most quality starts on the team. Had one of the lowest run supports on the team, and had a better performance against teams over .500 then anyone else on the staff.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know a lot of his was early but I believe he had the most quality starts on the team. Had one of the lowest run supports on the team, and had a better performance against teams over .500 then anyone else on the staff.

regression to the mean

August 1 to current
3.80 ERA 19 BB 60 SO in 71 IP 11 HRS ouch 69 hits

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
regression to the mean

August 1 to current
3.80 ERA 19 BB 60 SO in 71 IP 11 HRS ouch 69 hits

He screams 4/5 starter to me, which is worlds better than he was scouted at, but I think White Sox fans should give up on him being a 2 if they haven't already.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He screams 4/5 starter to me, which is worlds better than he was scouted at, but I think White Sox fans should give up on him being a 2 if they haven't already.

as a FA his numbers are a bit skewed. analysts are now saying 15 for 2. sorry I dont want him for 15 mil. pass.

If there is some kind of discount than fine. but as a 3/4 type.

people have to realize he doesnt owe us shit. 1) he just doesnt because that is sports 2) majority of his contract was paid by an insurance company so the sox never really paid that much for him which gets lost in the whole debate.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will say it again:

JR is getting old, he only needs to break even. fuck it and go for it and spend some money.

Keep AJ
Trade konerko to the west coast
Trade Rios for low spec and cash
sign greinke(im sure the sox will be in on this since they have a boner for him)
if discount (doubt) but lets say he does...peavy

I mean how can you complain about a rotation like:

Sale
Greinke
Danks
Peavy
Floyd

Just keeping peavy and getting greinke makes you a lot better

get cody ross

Status
Not open for further replies.