2012/2013 White Sox Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Sale shows a feel for pitching which is rare for a kid his age. I imagine some of that has to do with Cooper. He has a really ugly delivery that I don't exactly trust for too long, but if he can make it work really well for five years who gives a shit. I mean, Felix has a really ugly delivery too and he's worked out just fine.

At his peak I can see him hitting 210 but I dunno how much over that he goes. I'd love to see him refine the change.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sale shows a feel for pitching which is rare for a kid his age. I imagine some of that has to do with Cooper. He has a really ugly delivery that I don't exactly trust for too long, but if he can make it work really well for five years who gives a shit. I mean, Felix has a really ugly delivery too and he's worked out just fine.

At his peak I can see him hitting 210 but I dunno how much over that he goes. I'd love to see him refine the change.

Well given that he was just short of 200 in his first full season, I think 210 would be quite reachable. I agree abotu the delivery, but like you said, seen worse make it in the league before, why not Sale?

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Yea exactly. I'm done trying to predict injury for pitchers, there's no good way to do it. Sale creates great torque and a death angle for his slider and that's all that really matters from that standpoint. I can't imagine trying to hit against him as a lefty.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea exactly. I'm done trying to predict injury for pitchers, there's no good way to do it. Sale creates great torque and a death angle for his slider and that's all that really matters from that standpoint. I can't imagine trying to hit against him as a lefty.

I've said before that he reminds me of Randy Johnson, and Randy was fine for like 20 seasons. Different strokes for different folks.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
He kinda does a little, but the stuff is different. What Sale has in command and control he loses in pure stuff when comped to RJ, but I can see the comp.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's more the near-sidearm motion than the fireball/stuff. The slider seems similar though from what I remember from Randy.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sale has the dreaded inverted W in his pitching motion, but the amount that should be dreaded is pretty hotly debated. Clearly Sale lost steam in the second half, but hopefully he bounces and can maintain his velocity through a full 200 innings next year. It would be devastating to the franchise if he went down.

I would stay far, far away from Hunter. He is striking out more and walking less than last year. His iso is also down, but what has propped up his numbers is the fact that his GB% is up significantly and his BABIP is a ridiculous .391 which is 60 points higher than any other point in his career and nearly 80 points higher if only look at years he played 120 or more games. Combine that with his age, and Hunter is very likely to have a huge dropoff next year imo.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Figured I'd post this here...apparently Adam Dunn had the worst OPS of any player to hit 40+ HR.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he sucks. anything to take a shot at dunn. love it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
also if that is the shot on him "worst OPS of the 40HR club" Il gladly take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.