2012/2013 White Sox Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to sign Josh Hamilton

I would too. i wouldnt mind the baggage or the contract. There are 2 things that would help attendance.....lower ticket prices and sign a premier player.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Hamilton is a star player thats what we need. A great hitter avg and HR wise. We desperately need that great hitter to complete the lineup. Hamilton isnt a bad teammate that i know of either. I know he's got baggage but its time for the Sox to do it BIG! We got the pitching and defense. We need a great hitter

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need starting pitching depth, with Peavy, Liriano, and potentially Floyd all leaving this offseason we will need to restock our arms locker.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
floyds team option will be excercised. i can see them selling off floyd, letting the FAs go and trading away dunn,konerko, rios etc and rebuilding.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
floyds team option will be excercised. i can see them selling off floyd, letting the FAs go and trading away dunn,konerko, rios etc and rebuilding.

do you think Floyd would still have value though? He has clear flaws that were on display this year, I mean an NL team could definitely take him on, but even still he is only under contract for one more year, I dont see us getting anything better than a singular semi-promising AA prospect, IMO

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

Rios and Konerko I can see. Dunn? That'll be tough.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yanks injuries just crazy. ughh what a shit fest for the final 4 and the World Series. Ratings are going to be horrible for the world series.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i admire the tigers....i mean they had to battle through austin jackson being hurt a few days to get where they are...amazing

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;rAlTOfl9F2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w[/video]

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I figured he would be in the 15 million range, and perhaps he might get a shorter term for more money.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really really doubt two years gets it done for Jake. If it does it's going to cost you more than 12,000,000 a year.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, although two years would be the way to go in a perfect world Jake will definitely want the team to show him some financial security and not to mention confidence and loyalty and give him a three year deal

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was going to post this in a different topic, but it seems like it would be deleted....

So let me get this straight... If I want to talk about the world series, or another team's offseason moves, I have to go to a different MLB section and talk with Special person Cubs fans as part of the discussion????

Wow, not only is that going to make this White Sox forum even more dead then it is already, but it is going to water down actual discussions because that forum is going to be saturated with not only Cubs fans, who are some of the worst to talk baseball with, but also with the meatballs who populate the Bears section. Wow... Just wow. Granted, I know my opinion around these parts doesn't mean much, but this whole website is slowly but surely turning towards quantity over quality, and it seems like most of it is to appease the crybaby whiners from the old chicago bears message board.

What a shame. When it comes to internet message boards, quality >>>>> quantity. Every time.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
your opinion is valid and is being heard. I have already made it clear that if we are doing this, the MLB forum is not going to be all about the cubs. If it becomes that and members cant stop themselves their posts will be deleted and it will go back to the old way.

Status
Not open for further replies.