2012/2013 White Sox Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
your opinion is valid and is being heard. I have already made it clear that if we are doing this, the MLB forum is not going to be all about the cubs. If it becomes that and members cant stop themselves their posts will be deleted and it will go back to the old way.

I think that is more than reasonable. The issue is when there are offseason moves by teams not based in Chicago and then there are two separate threads made, both with good conversations, it seems kind of a shame to not have those conversations in the same place so all viewpoints can be seen in a consolidated manner. That's why this idea was even suggested. The team-specific talk is intended to stay in their respective forums.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alcoholic packers fan said:
What a shame. When it comes to internet message boards, quality >>>>> quantity. Every time.

I agree. Too bad you don't bring any of that to this site.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was going to post this in a different topic, but it seems like it would be deleted....

So let me get this straight... If I want to talk about the world series, or another team's offseason moves, I have to go to a different MLB section and talk with Special person Cubs fans as part of the discussion????

Wow, not only is that going to make this White Sox forum even more dead then it is already, but it is going to water down actual discussions because that forum is going to be saturated with not only Cubs fans, who are some of the worst to talk baseball with, but also with the meatballs who populate the Bears section. Wow... Just wow. Granted, I know my opinion around these parts doesn't mean much, but this whole website is slowly but surely turning towards quantity over quality, and it seems like most of it is to appease the crybaby whiners from the old chicago bears message board.

What a shame. When it comes to internet message boards, quality >>>>> quantity. Every time.

[video=youtube;pWdd6_ZxX8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c[/video]

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha... I don't mind Uman trying to rip on me, it is kind of funny that I got under his skin so much that he keeps replying to my posts... Of course, it is a shame that if I directly reply yo him, I run the chance of being banned because he is too much of a pussy to fight his own battles. I also find it funny that he can only acknowledge me as an alcoholic, which is a disease that I do have. Been sober for over 6 months, tho, so the insult falls short. I doubt Uman would rip on someone for having diabetes, but hey, we can't all have the ignorant, bigot, and "I'm better then you"-hypocritical attitude that Uman shows to display his wonderful christian values that he claims to follow. Bravo, Uman, bravo!

Anyways, I semi-understand having an all-MLB board... But what is so bad about having two fan bases discuss the same thing? A recent example: the Marlins firing Ozzie. I bet Cubs fans have their own opinion, especially with Zambrano there, but obviously, Sox fans will have their own views as well... Quite honestly, I just want to hear and discuss opinions from my fellow Sox fans. I come to this site for Sox, Bulls and Hawks news. Its nice to have them all wrapped into one website. I go elsewhere for football, obviously, but I know a different forum for the Hawks and basketball is a distant 4th place for me, in terms of love for the sport, so I can easily find another Sox forum. Now, I'm not making threats to leave over this and sound like a little girl who didn't get what she wanted for Xmas, but I am trying to make it known that not everyone likes this "improvement." I already have stated how poor the Bears forum has become since the official bears forum went down... It would be a shame if I have to move to a different site just because baseball is being watered down as well.

- the opinion of one alcoholic packers/sox fan

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you just have to realize that not every single one of us Cubs fans are cocksuckers and aren't so bad to have around in a conversation :lol: Try it out and see. I won't bite.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think you just have to realize that not every single one of us Cubs fans are cocksuckers and aren't so bad to have around in a conversation :lol: Try it out and see. I won't bite.
Yes you will :smug:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Oh, I know that not all of you guys are cocksuckers but from my experience, the sterotype of the Cubs fan base is there for a reason. It was like the Bears message board after all the meatballs came here a few months ago. I tried for the first two weeks, but it wasn't worth the effort.

I just have a bad feeling that the Sox board will be even deader then normal and the MLB board will just be another section for Cubs fans and Dews. If it does end up like that, I'm not sure thats a "win" for the web site or any of the posters. I hope I'm wrong, but someone else will have to tell me I'm wrong because I have no desire to talk baseball with Cubs fans.. I've tried that a million times and it has never worked out.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I know that not all of you guys are cocksuckers but from my experience, the sterotype of the Cubs fan base is there for a reason. It was like the Bears message board after all the meatballs came here a few months ago. I tried for the first two weeks, but it wasn't worth the effort.

I just have a bad feeling that the Sox board will be even deader then normal and the MLB board will just be another section for Cubs fans and Dews. If it does end up like that, I'm not sure thats a "win" for the web site or any of the posters. I hope I'm wrong, but someone else will have to tell me I'm wrong because I have no desire to talk baseball with Cubs fans.. I've tried that a million times and it has never worked out.

I think we can have a good enough conversation. We've done it before. I'm pretty sure you can have a good conversation with someone like dabynsky as well. I operate on the philosophy that I don't inherently hate everyone and that everyone has a point that can be discussed at length, and the goal is to try to make this a good place for all baseball fans, including Cubs and White Sox fans. Come join us in the World Series thread and just have fun.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we can have a good enough conversation. We've done it before. I'm pretty sure you can have a good conversation with someone like dabynsky as well. I operate on the philosophy that I don't inherently hate everyone and that everyone has a point that can be discussed at length, and the goal is to try to make this a good place for all baseball fans, including Cubs and White Sox fans. Come join us in the World Series thread and just have fun.

I completely respect your view, and I hope your experiment works, but I hope you realize not everyone shares your positive view :)

If I want to discuss baseball, I'd rather discuss it with Sox fans. Hell, I'd rather discuss it with every other fan base before I discuss it with Cubs or Red Sox fans.

But good luck with the new MLB section!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that I think is the key. It isn't like the White Sox and Cubs forum is going to disappear, and I strongly suspect that each of them will be way more active once the season starts again. But right now it is dumb to be carrying on two convos about the same events. Yes the Cubs might get brought up in conversation, but that doesn't mean you have to flip shit. Ignore it and continue the conversation you were having about a particular topic.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah that I think is the key. It isn't like the White Sox and Cubs forum is going to disappear, and I strongly suspect that each of them will be way more active once the season starts again. But right now it is dumb to be carrying on two convos about the same events. Yes the Cubs might get brought up in conversation, but that doesn't mean you have to flip shit. Ignore it and continue the conversation you were having about a particular topic.
:cubs: :sweep:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha... I don't mind Uman trying to rip on me, it is kind of funny that I got under his skin so much that he keeps replying to my posts... Of course, it is a shame that if I directly reply yo him, I run the chance of being banned because he is too much of a pussy to fight his own battles. I also find it funny that he can only acknowledge me as an alcoholic, which is a disease that I do have. Been sober for over 6 months, tho, so the insult falls short. I doubt Uman would rip on someone for having diabetes, but hey, we can't all have the ignorant, bigot, and "I'm better then you"-hypocritical attitude that Uman shows to display his wonderful christian values that he claims to follow. Bravo, Uman, bravo!

Anyways, I semi-understand having an all-MLB board... But what is so bad about having two fan bases discuss the same thing? A recent example: the Marlins firing Ozzie. I bet Cubs fans have their own opinion, especially with Zambrano there, but obviously, Sox fans will have their own views as well... Quite honestly, I just want to hear and discuss opinions from my fellow Sox fans. I come to this site for Sox, Bulls and Hawks news. Its nice to have them all wrapped into one website. I go elsewhere for football, obviously, but I know a different forum for the Hawks and basketball is a distant 4th place for me, in terms of love for the sport, so I can easily find another Sox forum. Now, I'm not making threats to leave over this and sound like a little girl who didn't get what she wanted for Xmas, but I am trying to make it known that not everyone likes this "improvement." I already have stated how poor the Bears forum has become since the official bears forum went down... It would be a shame if I have to move to a different site just because baseball is being watered down as well.

- the opinion of one alcoholic packers/sox fan

As far as your Ozzie Firing example, it will probably be in the mlb section but you know for sure I will put it in the sox section as it is team specific....so I get your example and I have voiced that concern so we dont have that problem. So yes...I get what you are saying 100% stuff like players getting in trouble, league news etc can be discussed in the mlb section....trust me...sox shit will be posted in the sox forum for us sox fans for sure!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

there are specific members that will always keep bringing up the cubs. The specific reason why I posted the torii hunter thread was to see if cubs/sox fans would take the bait and start going on and on about their team.

This is a very big concern of mine and really the only concern of mine. I do not want to see a cubs connection to every MLB thread posted. I say the cubs because there arent many sox members on the board.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
there are specific members that will always keep bringing up the cubs. The specific reason why I posted the torii hunter thread was to see if cubs/sox fans would take the bait and start going on and on about their team.

This is a very big concern of mine and really the only concern of mine. I do not want to see a cubs connection to every MLB thread posted. I say the cubs because there arent many sox members on the board.

Do you have any ideas for recruitment? Lots of the CBMB guys are Sox fans it seems. I was hoping the announcement would draw some of them in for you guys.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a few post here and there. its like that at PSD too. sox fans get agitated easy with their team so they dont want to post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.